It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$500,000 REWARD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Microsoft is offering a $500,000 reward for information on hackers......

www.reuters.com...;jsessionid=5SN3FN3YDPCKWCRBAEZSFFA?type=topNews&storyID=3764560

They are tyring to track down the authors of Blasterworm and SoBigF e-mail virus.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jubilee
Microsoft is offering a $500,000 reward for information on hackers......

www.reuters.com...;jsessionid=5SN3FN3YDPCKWCRBAEZSFFA?type=topNews&storyID=3764560

They are tyring to track down the authors of Blasterworm and SoBigF e-mail virus.

well.....maybe they should look in their programming department....lord knows they load their crap up with enough exploits for hackers to have a field day on their OS. its like a sieve or better yet a block of swiss cheese.

of course i'm also starting to believe that MS is also creating and sending out virus's on purpose.

what better way to avoid ALL suspicion than to offer a reward for catching hackers? 500 large is chump change to gates, they can do better than this...

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
why would they release virus's for their own os? so they can spend money having to update a security problem? or so they can scare people away from the os by having a virus that cripples your computer. please explain the reasoning behind this.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
they would create viruses to sell the newer versions and more patch

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well if they did this then it would be the conspiracy to end all conspiracies as it being revealled as true would certainly destroy the company.

I tend to believe that certain rebel individuals inside likely contribute to this problem instead. Certainly MS would either design holes in the software or make it known to those that need to know, such as the CIA.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
If only I knew, I'd rat them out in a heartbeat.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
they would create viruses to sell the newer versions and more patch

hmmm. how would computer crippling virus's sell more copies? would that not driverpeople away from their merchandise. also patches are free and only cost them to make.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I really believe that Anti-Virus companies create some ofthese worms/viruses to get more sales. Basically being a bunch of terrorists to get the public scared and need the anti-virus software...snt live without it. Security.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 02:26 AM
link   
see that actually makes sense what darage said. what you are saying though doesnt.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This is the corporate angle on the 'war on terrorism', probubly underwritten by the US gov.

Throw a stack of money out there with a string tied to it, and see who tries to pick it up.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
they should invest that 500k back into their own OS to make it not so vulnerable to attacks. And I'm with darage on this one, I think the anti-virus companies are the ones writing these things.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
I really believe that Anti-Virus companies create some ofthese worms/viruses to get more sales. Basically being a bunch of terrorists to get the public scared and need the anti-virus software...snt live without it. Security.

I'm sure they do too.... seeing as microsoft has about 1 new exploit discovered every single day!... Making their software so vulnerable and then testing out their own vulnerablities for sales or more microsoft prods. Check their new vulnerabilities for right now.

Its all about the $$$$$ when you have a net worth of 40-50 billion.

www.securityfocus.com...

03-11-11: Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions SmartHTML Interpreter DoS Vulnerability
2003-11-11: Microsoft Internet Explorer DHTML Drag and Drop Local File Saving Vulnerability
2003-11-11: Microsoft Excel XLM Macro Security Level Bypass Vulnerability
2003-11-08: Microsoft Internet Explorer Self Executing HTML Arbitrary Code Execution Vulnerability
2003-11-07: Microsoft Windows DCOM RPC Interface Buffer Overrun Vulnerability
2003-11-07: Multiple Microsoft Internet Explorer Script Execution Vulnerabilities
2003-11-05: Microsoft Internet Explorer Double Slash Cache Zone Bypass Vulnerability
2003-11-05: Microsoft Internet Explorer JavaScript Local File Enumeration Vulnerability
2003-11-05: Microsoft Internet Explorer Local Resource Reference Vulnerability
2003-10-30: Microsoft Messenger Service Buffer Overrun Vulnerability
2003-10-30: Microsoft Windows 2000 TroubleShooter ActiveX Control Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
2003-10-24: Microsoft Windows HTML Help API Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
2003-10-23: Microsoft Windows Window Message Subsystem Design Error Vulnerability
2003-10-23: Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Outlook Web Access Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
2003-10-23: Microsoft Windows Help And Support Center URI Handler Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
2003-10-23: Microsoft ActiveX Authenticode Verification Bypass Vulnerability
2003-10-22: Microsoft Internet Explorer Scrollbar-Base-Color Partial Denial Of Service Vulnerability
2003-10-22: Microsoft Exchange Server Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
2003-10-14: Microsoft Windows RPCSS Multi-thread Race Condition Vulnerability
2003-10-10: Microsoft RPCSS DCOM Interface Long Filename Heap Corruption Vulnerability
2003-10-09: Microsoft Windows Media Player IE Zone Access Control Bypass Vulnerability
2003-10-09: Microsoft Windows Media Player

[Edited on 11-14-2003 by CPYKOmega]

new topics

top topics

join