It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

.45ACP Contract Postponed Indefinately

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
No reasons given, but the .45 contract appears to be dying in phases:

Link

www.defensereview.com...

The "Description" section of the latest modification (Modification 04) of Solicitation number: H92222-05-R-0017 for a .45 ACP (.45 Caliber) Joint Combat Pistol (JCP) System--now called the Combat Pistol (CP)--states:
"This notification is to inform Industry the Combat Pistol requirement is postponed indefinately. USSOCOM will no longer issue a Request for Proposal."

This is an interesting development, and DefenseReview will try to find out why USSOCOM's Combat Pistol (CP) program has been postponed indefinitely.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Sounds to me that they are sick of BS and have taken to making their own weapons. The Marine snipers have custom rifles made by Marines, and it sounds like this may be the case with the SOCOM community. They might have just started their own custom fabrication for their specific requirements.

And honestly, I don't blame them if that is what they did.
It's that or the "requirements" have been met and or exeeded and it isn't needed any more.

It could be almost any other thing though, including a revolutionary compact laser pistol which makes traditional hand firearm kinetics obsolete.

Hmm, which makes me recall the new supposed Soviet device that can incapacitate or kill, depending on settings.
Now if I could find that thread...

new topics

join