It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Razor Jet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Now, don't flame me for this, but I was reading an interview on AintItCoolNews about some plane the government is letting the people making Transformers use for one of the villians.

The actor states the name of the plane is called a Razor Jet.

Any idea what this might be?

They've already for an F-22 as another villian, so I know that can't be it.

I've never heard of a Razor Jet.

-O

[edit on 6-9-2006 by The Big O]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Is this the forum for questions about transformers?? I didn't know that...I mean I know the transformers are advanced and dangerous...but not quite sure if here is where you should ask about them...

Razor jet...not a military project in existence...or maybe yes, in Transformer world

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Why you gotta be a dick dude?

I was legitimately curious as to whether or not anyone knows what this plane they are going to use might be?

The interview with the actor states that it's a real military jet they are using for a character in the movie. I did not recognize the name, therefore asked in the military forum.

Where would you suggest I ask the question?

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Although I recall a discussion on this long ago, I'm going to be a shameful conspirist and discuss the .. 'mundane' chance of this happening.

One; It requires far too much energy for such a durastic change in structure. Variable geometry flight' for instance is a trouble all in itself, and save for some new designs by DARPA, they deal only with a certain portion of the wings, let alone the entire body.

Two; Mechs, as said, suck. Realistically. In Anime and Armoured Core they are the most (@*@ing awesome thing in existance. But in life, they are terrible.

Sorry! I know there's information and know the project existed, if only in thought, and I'll look, but the Real-Life chance of this being a viable project is nil.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
Why you gotta be a dick dude?

I was legitimately curious as to whether or not anyone knows what this plane they are going to use might be?
Oh what nice manners you have! So now I use a little sarcasm and get insulted...niiiice.

The interview with the actor states that it's a real military jet
This actor...is he a real military expert, or just a transformer expert? Ooh...I know what military uses the Razor Jet...the Ninja Turtles! (For real, look it up in google)

they are using for a character in the movie. I did not recognize the name, therefore asked in the military forum.
Well...maybe he said "looks like a Razor?" I have not ever heard the "Razor" designation for any presently used aircraft. Better yet, I looked for it, in Jane's and other sites...never found it...until I went into the cartoon section of a page...then I found this

There you go! There's the Razor Jet! Hope it was helpful, and I take your apologies, no problem...

Where would you suggest I ask the question?

Well...I don't know if there is a comic forum in ATS, maybe you should make a motion for it...and just a really friendly tip...CHILL! It was just sarcasm no need to insult!

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Ioseb_Jugashvili, I think The Big O had it right, you do seem to be a d&$k. I have been reading this board for over a year and have been a member for 6 mos or so...it's your type of sarcastic, self centered, ain't I soooo damn smart attitude that makes people leave by the droves from sites like this.
I agree, more than likely...hell positively there is no Razor jet...but you know, you could have just said that instead of being rude...oh and ...what nice manners you have!

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I have a hunch what the actor was refering to is infact the F-22. This is mostly based on a supposed "leak" I caught awhile back that StarScream is going to be an F-22 in the flick.

I'm still choked that Voxwagon refused to allow the VW bug to be used and thus Bumblebee is going to be a Camaro.

Yeah, I'm a geek. Wanna make something of it?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadbang
Ioseb_Jugashvili, I think The Big O had it right, you do seem to be a d&$k.

Well, nice of you to think so too

I have been reading this board for over a year and have been a member for 6 mos or so...it's your type of sarcastic, self centered, ain't I soooo damn smart attitude that makes people leave by the droves from sites like this.
Well...it's not my fault if sarcasm tickles people, and in fact I don't think I was offensive, I just wanted to joke a bit and I did...LOL.
Anyway, if I did cross any line (which I don't think I did) a mod will be kind enough to tell or warn me and that'll be the end of it.
People leave by the droves from here? Well...I differ with that, if not ATS has experienced a sustained growth since it begun (and I remember because I read since 2003, only recently I had the time to join up and actively comment)

I agree, more than likely...hell positively there is no Razor jet...but you know, you could have just said that instead of being rude

I showed him the Razor jet, what are you talking about??!! I had to make the pun, and then try to soften my dry sarcasm a bit by saying to chill, and making it obvious it was only a joke, come on...

oh and ...what nice manners you have!
You really should give a hint when you're trying to be sarcastic...

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I'm not talking about a real life transformer, I meant a legitimate jet fighter/plane that they use in the movie as a transformer.

Obvisouly, for the reasons stated by Cruelapathy, it's not going to "transform" or any such thing in real life, nor would it be a mech in real life.

I was just looking for information on a possible military aircraft/figher jet, by the name Razor, that they were basing the villan Megatron on.

When I read the article it sounded odd to me, since I've never heard of it (the Razor), and from what he was describing it wasn't an F-22 Raptor (since that's being used for another character). By no means is the actor an expert in military vehicles, so it's very likely he was incorrect in what he was saying, as mentioned by Ioseb_Jugashvili.

Oh well...it sounded fishy to me, I guess I'll have to wait and see if anything else comes out. Maybe after a picture or something I'll know more. It could just be a code word as well, being that they use the word Razor on set and in the script when in reality its actually the JSF or some other such aircraft.

-Steve

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Wow everybody is SOOOOO kind here

new topics

top topics

join