It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surreal Encounter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I have this strange encounter that I would like feedback on:

Ok Mean Auntie terrorizes her two very impressionable pre-teen nieces for several weeks about aliens among us. I point out various persons who could be aliens and proceed to feed them stories about alien abduction, government conspiracies, area 51, end of days prophecy, etc. When asked about various marks that appear on their bodies I explain it was probably from when they were abducted the night before.

Finally I acquiesced and explained to them they have nothing to worry about. That the aliens here are to help us and sometime soon before or near 2012 they will reveal themselves and hopefully they will help us stop all these silly wars.

The very next week I had the strangest encounter. While in line at the post office with my neighbor next door, two men stepped in line behind me. One was very short and the other behind him was very tall. While I took no notice of them for the most part, I suddenly became very agitated at the shorter man directly behind me. As if there were something wrong with him. Suddenly he stepped out of line and left in a hurry. I turned to watch him leave and noticed the much taller man was watching leave. This is when I caught a silhouette of the man against the window lighting. Then the taller gentleman started up a conversation with me about all things, my work boots. He commented that they were very beat up like his cowboy boots. I explained to him that they were like that from working with heavy cargo on pallets. We talked for about 5 minutes before I was called next in line. As I proceeded to the counter he suddenly said “I have short wide feet so I have to have special shoes”. While this may seem innocent enough it brought about a most curious reaction from me. First of all this is exactly what I say when people comment on how small my feet are. 2nd of all I had not noticed that his feet were small or short at all, though he did seem to make a concerted effort to draw my attention to them earlier. Lastly when he said this I could not help but repeat what he said and at the same time the oddest feeling of surrealism. It was as if I were in a trace aware that I was moving and talking but not in control. Like when you wake up from a dream and have to shake yourself awake and realize that it was a dream.

Anyway I left the post office not once looking back at the gentleman thinking to myself what a handsome gentleman, and to speak with me so casually seemed odd. As I got in my car and left the post office I realized I had no idea what the man looked like and how could I be thinking about how handsome he was when I could not recall his looks.

To this day all I can remember is his boots, his silhouette, his very big white teeth when he smiled. I think he had sunglasses and a goatee but cannot be sure. When I left the Post Office I was in the best of moods but could not remember at all what the gentleman looked like and could not explain my surreal experience when he spoke those words.

[edit on 5-9-2006 by rezial666]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This is your first reply on ATS, i see your new here welcome.....

I would strongly suggest you go to a creative writing website, you would gain more appreciation there i think, posts like this don't rub here.....oh of course thats just my opinion

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Oh and i dig the H.P Lovecraft vibe...

Sorry for the short post but come onnneee..

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
October, "I think your remark was very rude", I think it is the Moderator that makes that decision.

I have read where people have had things like this happen to them, I think this is a very good place to post this. Some expereincers have even said that certain sounds make them react.

What I think is interesting is a tall man talking about his small feet.

Maybe you will remember more and if something like this happens again try to pick up on the weirdness as fast as you can so you can quickly check time or the people around you, anything.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I wasn't meaning to be rude but it seems that the original poster want's to wax lyrical, perhaps i'm out of turn but i have been on ATS for some time and to me this just doesn't seem to tie into other threads, if this original post is attracted and understood by other people i apologise.

Flights of fancy

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Sounds rather coincidental to me...but, thanks for the story. It is somewhat strange.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This really did happen to me. the odd thing was my friend who was there with me did not even remember seeing this guy or that I talked to anyone but her at all. how do you miss a 5 min conversation with a guy that is so tall. i'm either nuts or something very strange happened. I have so many odd experiences that cannot explain that when this happened i decided to see how anyone else might react.

Yeah maybe nuts explains it

new topics

top topics

join