It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stand Up if you hate Man U

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Hopefully there are many others who loath Manchester United and all things connected with them - possible exception of Sir Bobby and Sir Matt (I've met them both a few times and they are / were decent blokes)

But the rest of the scum rag tide, their spit-happy charmless manager, their oh-so-superior fans, the teams's endless badgering of officials, appealing every disciplinary proceeding, excusing every example of unsporting brutality if committed by one of their own, their mawkish stirring of the emotional pot of Munich, the 'theatre of dreams' (AKA TTOPBS) etc etc.

With me it's genetic, ingrained. Others have come to loathe them over time.

As they now 'seek to lever the strength of the brand in US markets' hopefully many more will join the cause.

'Stand up if you hate Man U, stand up if you hate Man U, stand up.....'

S

CTID

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This'll be an interesting thread, given that most of the posters here seem to be American.

Me? I couldn't care much, really, although I think Chelsea are becoming much more worthy of contempt than Man U these days.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Ok, I've hear of Manchester United, but I'm not sure, are they a
football(UK) team or a rugby team?

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Told you so.

Now I have to add something dumb to make sure this isn't a one-line post.

Will this do?

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I'm a liverpool fan. Man U makes me
Chelsea makes me want to
:bnghd:
:bash:
after I calm down and come to terms with the
very real possibility of them winning the EPL again I :w: until i'm
I hope man u and chelsea get relegated(*cough cough Juventus cough cough*)Chelsea fans are the worst mate, we r so great, thats y we're champions, we're gonna win everything, bla bla bla I just want toMate why did u make this post sigh, got me all upset, now I have to calm down until saturday at least.
Hi my name is Elijio and I hate Man U!...and chelsea

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
*Hides in corner*

Man, what is it with you brits and your sports, I know Americans can
be passionate about Baseball and Football(U.S.), but even the die-hard
fans seem more sober moderates compared to you guys.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Now who is going to make the corrosponding "Chelsea" thread? This topic is dated "1997 - 2002", only really bitter people hate Manchester United these days.

Giggs, Rooney, Smith, Heinze, Ronaldo, Vidic, Scholes, Carrick, Van der Sar...there's just too much class there to hate

Abramovich the starstruck trillionnaire on the other hand, is worthy of loathing. I can't wait to see his little "hobby" go sour this season. Ballacks to Chelsea

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Hard to explain mate - although footy's come a long way from its inter-village fighting origins it's still (mainly) a non-commercial, local tribal-based sport - ie we don't have 'teams on wheels ' like US Football (ie the rugby-based game).

Just so you know it's not me here's Paul Morley, a music journo, and fellow Manchester City (AKA Real Manchester) supporter on why United is a glory-hunting, plastic choice for a 'fan'.

To support Manchester City is to believe that God might have trouble running things on this planet, but he's in control of the next world. He has to be. The Devil rules this world and always will, because his team are Manchester United, and they are world famous and monolithic.

Manchester City, who's name travels the world about as well as Gracie Fields or Pulp, are on the side of the angels; the poor, sapped, unfortunate angels who still believe in quaint antiquated notions of earthly good. To support Manchester City is to accept with heroic willingness the dead-flat that the universe is cold and hostile, and nothing good will become of it. To support City is to tackle head on the crushing pointlessness of existence and to attempt to make something of it. It is hard work. So why do it? Because somehow this seems ultimately more dignified and fulfilling than taking the easy way out and supporting the lulling and obnoxious United.

To support United is too easy. It's convenience supporting. It makes life too easy. There is no challenge. It is a cowardly form of escapism, a sell-out to the forces of evil. United fans have no soul and will spend their eternity neck deep in boiling vomit. City fans retain their soul and will spend their eternity forever reliving the moment their team beat Newcastle 4-3 away from home to win the League Championship in 1968, beating United into second place. Surely we will have such eternal bliss again, for why do we spend so much time suffering in this life watching our team climb to the summit only so that we can watch them dive, dive, dive to their pitiless bottom of the heap while United, of Manchester, but nothing really to do with it, float every more triumphantly skywards?

Heartless United are the incarnation of shamelessness and to support them is heroism in a can. Cavalier City, however awry their football, however dire their straits, glow with something mystical and transcendental. City have soul. United do not.

When they are great again, City will have shown that they are worth their extraordinary fans. To this day these fans will walk a million miles for one of Joe Mercer's smiles. They'll sing a million songs waiting for some new Mercer-like magic. Because they are City, and Christ do they know they're born.

Paul Morley
November 1998

Originally in the NME I think but it's everywhere on the web www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Manchester City, Angels.....Joey Barton, Ben "the Tart with an elbow" Thatcher!!

None of this adds up!

It's easy to call someone a glory hunter for supporting a succesful team, but the "glory hunters" are the 12 year old kids currently calling for "Taggarts" head because he hasn't splashed out in the Transfer market. We've won nowt but the carling cup for 3 years, although expect that to change this season

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
*Hides in corner*

Man, what is it with you brits and your sports, I know Americans can
be passionate about Baseball and Football(U.S.), but even the die-hard
fans seem more sober moderates compared to you guys.

Mate you need to investigate the origins of our sports and the origins of yours then you will understand. Until you do so any comments you make will be out of ignorance(lack of knowledge).
Chebob posting united's logo offends me. I hope they can pass the group stages of the champions league this time so as not to embarass the league

I hope gudjohnson scores a hat trick against chelsea in the champs league. I get warm thinking about it. loved it when boro beat em, loved when pompey beat boro the vey next week..chelsea are such shiiite

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Gentlemen & ladies of the Jury - you see what I mean.

Comdemned by his own words, he's practically admitted his guilt. I need make no further accusations.

There is only one verdict you can possibly return

Thatcher Hmm - Keane/Haarland, pot, kettle, black, - NB contrast the reactions of the managers: 'Psycho's' forthright actions, the pizza-faced one's selective blindness/amnesia

Like the Murphy's.....

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Yes but we all know Keane was really sorry about that particular incident, so there's no comparison...

And about the "Pizza Faced" incident, what kind of team throws food at the other teams Manager just because they lost? A sad team of egos worse than Man United's, with an even more "incident blind" vouyer for a manager, that's who.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
You beat me to it! and I've yet to see anything compared to what keane did.It was premeditated. Fergie is getting senile as well,he sold van horseyrooy and thinks he can challenge chelsea for title:shk: I can't wait till saha gets injured. Gonna enjoy watching em struggle

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elijio
he sold van horseyrooy and thinks he can challenge chelsea for title:shk:

Ruud was useless last season, he doesn't fit in with out style of play any more and we have been playing miles better since he left, scoring many a goal in case you didn't notice. Ruud won't be missed, the team is playing better than Chelsea's team without paying 50 people millions to warm our benches.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
You're off to a great start but enjoy it while it lasts
You are playing well and scoring a lot of goals in your first 3 games against less than stellar opposition and your boasting already? I see another carling cup season for you, yes I see it quite clearly. Ever stop to think why arsenal aren't hated like man u and now chelsea? arsenal fans have some class mate.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by Elijio]

[edit on 4-9-2006 by Elijio]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elijio
arsenal fans have some class mate.

I can think of at least one Arsenal fan with no class (Ian Wright, stand up).

Any team that has a lot of support and success is going to have a lot of haters, it's inevitable.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
You mean like FC Barcelona? yeah they're a very hated team
lol, just stay out of the thread you're not welcome here!

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Well, as an (old) baggie, I have to admit I don't have much love for ManU or that
Atkinson after what he/they did to our club back in the day. But I've already had *ahem* words with old Chebob about that in another thread, so I'll leave it at that!

Besides which, since we're now languishing back down in the panda pops league I'll let all you lot moan about the premiership! And another thing, you can keep all your league titles, cup wins and all the rest, we got the big one last season (apart from relegation), BEST PROGRAMMES IN THE COUNTRY! Just as well considering the dross we saw on the pitch, you needed a good read in between opposition goals!

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Well, as apart of the Chelsea faithful, i hate Man Utd with a passion

but Liverpool are the main target of my hate

:w::w::w:

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'm BWFC Till I Die and we can't stand the red scum.
The hatred between BWFC and Man UTD runs all the way back to the 1958 cup final.Unfortunatly though it got out of hand 3 years ago when a Man UTD fan was beaten to death at a Bolton Train station after the match

[edit on 4/9/2006 by kuhl]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join