It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth (Prime Meridian)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have a question I am hoping someone can answer for me. I was on google earth. I went to the extreme north pole and zoomed in on a hole which has no longitude or lattitude just prime meridian, I zoomed in and noticed that this hole continues to go deeper and deeper into the earth from the north pole, straight through to the south pole. (I did the search again from extreme south pole and found there is a hole there, can anyone tell me why the earth has this hole in it that goes completely through the earth from top to bottom. If you go to google earth you will notice that the earth starts to look like it is caving in towards the center on either side of the planet. Can someone help my fragile mind?

Thanks,

Justmytype

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I doubt such a whole exists insofar as the core of the earth is molten, but if you had a link or two, it would probably help the geologically-minded to give you an answer.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Sorry, Go to google Earth, then go to these coordinates.

N89 degree 59, when map zooms in, directly above will be a hole and prime meridian, zoom in on this hole, notice, light in center, rainbow colors shooting up!

just check it out and let me know what this is.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
That didn't help much. Maybe you could post a screen cap.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This is the north pole at extreme zoom.

Is this what your talking about ?

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
That is exactlly what I am talking about. What is it and how come it can be found on both poles?

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The image tiles that make up the polar regions are triangular and all are knit together right on the pole. I also get the feeling that most of the polar images are taken from an angle rather than a direct fly-over, so that may add to the distortion.

You can see a data tile being downloaded to my computer in this screen capture of NASA World Wind.

Your not seeing a hole in the Earth, just a hole in the data.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Thank you for clearing that up for me, your knowledge is ver much appreciated!

new topics

top topics

join