It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panic At a Disco sounds pathetic live!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Did anyone else happen to hear Panic at a Disco on the MTV awards? I'm not a huge fan of the group, but I thought they had a respectable song that was actually pretty good. That was until I heard them perform it on-stage. It was like expired milk. It kept getting worse and worse and really stunk in the end.

Their lead singer sounded like one of those American Idol rejects. He couldn't sing on key, and wouldn't even attempt any of the higher notes in the song. He really should have claimed strep throat and lip-synced the song. The only thing entertaining about the song was the dancers in period costumes. And then that got old after they decided to take over the stage. What happened to the circus freaks they had in their video? I would have really welcomed some circus freaks to go along with the freak vocals.

:shk:

[edit on 1-9-2006 by dbates]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I think they suck period.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Come one Lysergic. Tell us how you really feel. Was it his odd choice of hats, his bad hair-cut, or just that they suck in general.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Funny you say that. I was watching the awards last night, and the same thought was going through my mind as I watched. I wouldn't go to the extreme here, but I did notice it immediately after they took the stage.

Certain bands/singers have this problem, their lead singer just isn't capable of going that extra mile with their voice. Sometimes its as if the voice has been toned out by the music.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
They suck on levels I can't even begin to describe to you with any earth languages.

However, if I could have charts, a PowerPoint presentation, someone translating in sign language, a few 3D models and an abstract painting then perhaps I could give you some sort of idea, just as to how much they suck butt.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Panic! at the disco are the barstard* child of My Chemical Romance and The Used

:shk::shk:

(*not the naughty version)

[edit on 4-9-2006 by infinite]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The lead singer got knocked out on stage when someone threw a bottle at him..

I shouldnt laugh....

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by crookedblue
The lead singer got knocked out on stage when someone threw a bottle at him..

I shouldnt laugh....

oh i heard about that!

my friend was there lol she couldn't stop laughing

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Wow, I wasn't the only one that noticed!

I'm not a fan of their music in general, but that guy's voice sounds nothing live like it does on the recording. They must edit the heck out of his voice to make it sound right on the album. He kept floating in and out of key. In fairness he seemed like he was having trouble keeping his breath, maybe he is asthmatic or something. I don't know but he sounded awful.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Panic at the Disco are one of a number of Bands who are to trying to ruin music. They are like a good samaritan at a barbecue, pouring water into your whiskey to make sure you don't get too drunk.

Sod off! Watered down, middle-of-the-road music is ear grating, I can't wait for it to go back out of fashion.

From Wikipedia:

The band has successfully created a fusion sound that combines elements of pop punk, emo, electronica, dance, and indie rock

Thats#'s the combination that equals = bad hair, posh clothes, sad music. You expect them to sound good live? How they possibly sound good, full stop?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I cant stand Panic At The Disco, and - shame on me - was quite amused to hear that their singer got knocked out by a bottle at the Reading Festival. Imagine my glee when a video of the incident surfaced on Youtube! Linkaroo

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I greatly dislike Panic! at the Disco. Now people are finding out, how crap they and their peers (fallout boy, the used) really are. Soon, they will disappear, and we'll all have a good laugh about it.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Ever heard Fergie live? Not any better!

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
i sort of wish we could just repeal the popular culture of the last twenty years or so.

like, issue a sincere apology and take it all back, the hair bands, the boy bands, the nu-metal, the emo kids, the pabulum that passes for punk nowadays. just shovel it all right back on the crapwagon and send it back where we got it.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I say this much. PATD is a rookie band. As a musician myself, I know it takes time to build up the charisma and endurance to be able to perform on stage without sounding like crap. So unless you can do it, then i say give them a break or shove it.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Black Widow
I say this much. PATD is a rookie band. As a musician myself, I know it takes time to build up the charisma and endurance to be able to perform on stage without sounding like crap. So unless you can do it, then i say give them a break or shove it.

Then as a musician you should also know that when you are performing publically you are subject to other people's opinions. People have the right to and will critique your performance. If a band can't handle that, then maybe they shouldn't be playing.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian

Originally posted by The Black Widow

Then as a musician you should also know that when you are performing publically you are subject to other people's opinions. People have the right to and will critique your performance. If a band can't handle that, then maybe they shouldn't be playing.

I never said they couldn't handle the scrutiny, I just don't like it when someone who doesn't even know half of it starts complaining about a rookie band that they already knew wasn't going to do so great in the beginning. It's like being commercialized and just going with it because everyone else said so.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   
i will go ahead and disagree with you there... PATD is a sub-par no talent crap band and they are not going to get any better. i am a musician as well so i know what you are talking about. in fact there are alot of musicians on ATS/BTS. but anyways , they aren't doing anything new, just another cookie cutter mtv band to sell to the kiddies... hell the guy can't even sing. when you edit and toy with your voice on an album, it shouldn't be to correct an awful singing voice, its there to correct other minor things, not something major like being completely off key and horrible. btw, what kinda bottle is that? a plastic one? or do they still allow glass containers at concerts over there in the UK, cause i know here in the US pretty much everywhere sells only plastic bottles.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
That truly is a shame. While they may be a cookie cutter band and aimed towards a certain audience there's no excuse to throw a bottle at someone who is on stage doing their thing. I don't see anyone throwing bottles at #ty trance/electronica/goth fusion bands or whatever just because their music is aimed towards misguided teens who do have no friends and spend all their time going to raves.

*Disclaimer*
I did not say that ALL people that listen to trance/electronica/goth fusion bands are misguided teens with no friends...just as not ALL panic at the disco fans are 13 year old teeny boppers. I happen to like them on cd, because yes, its damn catchy and I can appreciate a fun song.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
i have to agree i don't like them :0 im not fond of pop

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join