It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Ever Wished You Could Hate Someone, But Could'nt?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Ok, let me first start off by saying that this has nothing to do
with me or anyone I know, I'm doing something of a personal
research project into human emotion and the likes.

One thing I am curious about, and rarely ever hear about is when
someone really wishes they could hate someone, but they could'nt.

So, have you ever wished you could hate someone but you could'nt,
and how at the time did you deal with the prediciment?
How has it effected you?
Do you still feel the same way today, or not?

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Ok, let me first start off by saying that this has nothing to do
with me or anyone I know, I'm doing something of a personal
research project into human emotion and the likes.

One thing I am curious about, and rarely ever hear about is when
someone really wishes they could hate someone, but they could'nt.

So, have you ever wished you could hate someone but you could'nt,
and how at the time did you deal with the prediciment?
How has it effected you?
Do you still feel the same way today, or not?

That is an interesting question, and one sadly that I began asking myself. This "girl" for want of a better word, destroyed me. I became terribly depressed and thought that no-one could possibly find something of worth in a person like me. I'm the first to admit that I am not a good person, since I lack moral fibre. What I mean is that everything is chaos and there is no order. A chaotic neutral maybe? Anyway, I try my best to improve myself everyday, but this emptyness persists. I think when you fall for someone, it's incredibly difficult to hate them. God, I tried my best to hate her, with all my venom, with all my rage, with every inch of my being, but alas, I failed, and I hate myself for that. Why? Because it means she won. She emotionally crippled me and vandalised my heart, rendering it useless, except for the pumping of blood. By all means, I don't hate her, and I doubt I'll ever will. I just never want to see her again, lest she starts picking at old wounds, as she's like that.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Yes , yes i have , iam not going to bore people with my life story but trying to hate somone you cant is one of the worst feelings in the world , i personally try to get along with everyone even those i have grudge against but there is only one person in my whole life whom i want to hate and i cant and yes that person is a she lol .....why?

Becasue i will always have a soft spot for that person no matter what they did to me /i did to them ,

Yes...it really does suck

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Seems like kind of a strange topic.... why would you WANT to hate someone.... but not really hate them....?

As for me, I don't hate anyone by nature, I just hate things that people DO. There have been people that have abused and provoked me so badly that I felt real rage and hate, and the fact that I never lashed out at them in vengeance and retribution is a testament to my patience and restraint, which I think must be truly divinely inspired. There really is no other explanation. If it weren't for the power of faith and peace and love and pity and forgiveness in my life I'd probably be in jail for aggravated assault or worse right now...

There are few people in life more despicable than bullies and abusers who deliberately and purposely taunt and provoke and torture someone.... but of course violence and retribution is not the answer. All I can do is try to show them that the path they're on only leads to endless tragedy and misery and hate, and try to teach them how to be good decent honest people again by being a better person than them and setting a good example for them. Like, instead of telling terrible damn lies, I always tell the truth. Instead of taunting and provoking people I give them reassurance and love and hope - and when people try to taunt and provoke and abuse me I forgive them! and I tell them "you are in a dark and sick and obsessed place - but it will be OK! Come back to the light with me!!!"

It is a long and difficult process, especially when people are drunk on power and control, and they won't give it up in favor of truth and peace and reconciliation. But I won't give up on them, because there IS good in them! They just need to find it again.....

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Firstly, I'd like to thank yo for sharing your experiences and
opinions on the topic.

MacDonagh
Having a lack of moral, or being neutral is not a bad thing, in fact it
is a very good thing, you can keep from being clouded by morality,
and being neutral you can see both sides of something without bias.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'm not going to tell you about my past because it would simply take too long, but to cut things short, my "dad" (I HATE calling him that) is a complete arsehole. However, no matter how hard I try, I simply cannot hate him.

Everybody keeps telling me I should "kill him", etc, but in the end, I wouldn't even be able to raise my hand at him.

Even if I call him names (arsehole, for example), I know deep inside I don't mean it. It's often frustrating.

Hate sucks anyway, it just causes trouble. It's best to just let things slide.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
I'm not going to tell you about my past because it would simply take too long, but to cut things short, my "dad" (I HATE calling him that) is a complete arsehole. However, no matter how hard I try, I simply cannot hate him.

Everybody keeps telling me I should "kill him", etc, but in the end, I wouldn't even be able to raise my hand at him.

Even if I call him names (arsehole, for example), I know deep inside I don't mean it. It's often frustrating.

Hate sucks anyway, it just causes trouble. It's best to just let things slide.

Agreed 100% xeroxed88

Hate can be a temporary power rush but Peace and Unity is way better than hate in the end....

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Hate can be a very powerful, and depending, very longlasting thing.

However though, to be my own Devils Advocate, love and Unity are
far stronger, especially when the majority practice it.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
MacDonagh
Having a lack of moral, or being neutral is not a bad thing, in fact it
is a very good thing, you can keep from being clouded by morality,
and being neutral you can see both sides of something without bias.

Ah, but I fear that it makes me less human. Morality is a human condition which enables us to make informed decisions based on what we know as good and evil. The decisions that I have made in the past caused much derision from my peers, who claim that it's immoral to make jokes about anything taboo, yet they look at folk who wear different clothes and mutter strange threats like "We should put them in working camps!" How wonderfully Nazi like! It's complete BS that I have to answer for my lack of morals, when most others' morality has caused them to hate what they can't understand.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well really, with the way things are going in the world,
do you even want to consider yourself human?

Anyways, morals are just artificial concepts created by various religions
to tell people what the person who created the religion thought was
right and wrong.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I just want to be normal. Despite all the crazy things that are happening in the world, and being treated like a pariah by "normal" folk, I still wish to belong to the great human collective. I hope that I can someday, and will be able to hate without reason. Hate is a very human emotion that I wish to feel. I only get really angry, if someone attempts to attack or hurt me, but no matter how hard I try, I can't get angry in the same way. Perhaps when God made me, he crossed a few wires.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The word 'hate' is a bit strong for my liking... (My mother didn't allow us to 'hate' anything. We were only allowed 'not to like' something or someone) lol

But yes. I very much wish I could feel indifferent to a person. I supose if I were like most people I would already hate this person. But the opposite of love is not hate - love and hate are on the same side of the emotion line. Indifference is the opposite of love. And I wish I wish I wish I wish...

new topics

top topics

join