It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sad but true

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This just in....

The Boston Globe August 29, 2006
Boston MA (AP) - A seven-year-old boy was at the center of a Boston courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his Parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible. The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him. After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Boston Red Sox, whom the boy firmly believes is not capable of beating anyone.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
That does seem a bit strange that the judge would do that. But it's true about the Red Sox. They can't beat anyone!!!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Now that is just SAD

I almost feel for it wondering why you were putting a real story in this section..

I'm such a SUCKER

Semper

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Uhhh
I acually thought this was real and was about to say something mean untill i saw my u2u and it was green

that was funny by the way but kind of sad

I bet your going to get some reactions like this.

TRw

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Throw out line... insert hook... and reel them in!
And I was one of them. I kept thinking as I was reading this, "is this in the right section for a post like this?"

Zing!

Nicely done... lol

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I want to know if this could actually happen to a poor poor kid like that. I mean to be sent to a beaseball team that blew a six plus game lead in the division during the month of August........It should really say where the judge's mind was on this one.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Pathetic!:bash:

Please work on you sense of humor! :shk:

Tim

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
Throw out line... insert hook... and reel them in!
And I was one of them. I kept thinking as I was reading this, "is this in the right section for a post like this?"

Same here, Johnny A.

Hook, Line, and SINKER! ... or was it a curve

jso,

Your sense of humor is drier than a popcorn fart.

[edit on 11/9/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

top topics

join