It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this really weird?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have a question for all of you. Am I the only one that has absolutely no desire to be in a relationship? It's really weird and none of my friends can understand it. They always say how I should get a girlfriend, but really there is nothing about having one that appeals to me in any way. What do you think?

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Well, I have a desire to be in a relationship - but I have no desire at all to be in love - I guess that's just our way of knowing we aren't ready yet.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Trust me. You are okay. The only problem is taking the lip from your friends.

But remember this. I have a friend. Neither of us is a doctor, but he says this about our bad decision-making: "If I had to do it over again, I would have gotten a supscription to Playboy, wacked off twice a day, and studied my a*s off."

If he had done that, he would be a high income producing machine now -- and could have about any girlfriend he wants. And he could laugh at his friends who teased him.

By the way, I have another friend. That is what he did, and he laughs at us now.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Mate its ok, i feel exactly the same way, my friends are always giving me mouth about finding a girl, im not the sort of person who goes out looking for a girl, i let one find me.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
being single is wicked, i never had an issue with it, in fact i loved it!!

however, i was a total slapper...strangley the more women i slept with the more that told me i was awfull for being such a man ho and then slept with me anyway, lol? my best friend and i were on a total mission to out do each other on points...it was always about quanttity not quality....(im going to hell)

When one comes along that you really like i suppose you just know, well..thats what happened to me anyways.

Regards.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I guess I'll be ok then, haha. Perhaps the stranger thing is that I'm 23 and a virgin still (yes, I'm a guy)...by choice because of my religion. I think I've waited so long that I really have no interest in sex now! So combine that with my inability to get really close to people and I imagine I'll be single for life.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
There's nothing wrong with being a virgin. If I could turn back time, I wouldn't have slept with the girls I did.

It's perfectly normal to not want a relationship. One day, you most likely will want one though. Just enjoy being single for now. If you happen to meet a girl, spend some time with her and see how it goes. You never know, you may fall for her.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Its a question that everyone will have a different answer to.

Myself, I look for comfort and the bond that comes with a relationship. I am currently in a long-term relationship with my girlfriend whom I live with, and I would not want it any other way. She is the one I plan to marry, so being single is hopefully in my past.

Being single can be alot of fun, but fun can get boring quick. Having somebody who cares about you as much as you do for them is a good feeling. Tough to understand it until you feel it.

It's not for everybody, but it is for me.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I envy you Chiss, my man.

Good work anyway on the relationship.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
At 23 you have your whole life ahead of you. Don't do anything because your friends want you to, it's your life, enjoy it the way you want to.

I didn't get into a serious relationship until I was 26, and that was a good age for me.
I used to get the same questions your getting, grandma asking when I'll settle down, buddies trying to fix me up with someone, etc.....
But I did it my way and I'm very happy today.

Your more normal than you think.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
IMHO I don't think it is weird, quite normal
People sometimes just need room to breathe without any engaging relationship. Value your "me" time. Perhaps your viewpoint will change, or not. Either way, as long as you are happy with it that is all that matters.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
i really dont think its all its cracked up to be, most of my friends are in #ty relationships and go threw some real gay times cuz the girl is usually nuts.Maybe its just teenage girls, they all seem like they want something but very few are down to earth. I usaully dont even like being around most girls my age. I Aim for personality and not in guys just so noone starts makin up stupid #.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Ashnoth you are just schizoid (considered by some as a personality disorder)

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Zeratul, what exactly does schizoid mean?

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
IMO Women are a distraction, Use your time now to find out what this world is all about and find out what life is all about, then when your bored of that and done everything you want to do, then you can settle down. Coz trust me once your in a relationship the years go so quick you wonder where time went and you wished you spent it wisely!

Good Luck man! Go have fun!

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashnoth
Zeratul, what exactly does schizoid mean?

just use Google or even better Wikipedia

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DodgeG1
IMO Women are a distraction, Use your time now to find out what this world is all about and find out what life is all about.

Do you realize how strange that sounds? Guess who we share the planet with: Women. And finding out about them is part and partial of finding out what life is all about.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashnoth
I have a question for all of you. Am I the only one that has absolutely no desire to be in a relationship? It's really weird and none of my friends can understand it. They always say how I should get a girlfriend, but really there is nothing about having one that appeals to me in any way. What do you think?

I am just wondering are you in high school? Because that would explain it. You see I am like that too, though I am straight and boy do I love to look at hot girls on the internet...I have no desire to be in a relationship yet. You see it is because now a days girls tend to break up in like 5 seconds and they think it's cool, boys however do not. Though I think that I could be in a relationship, I want to wait until I find a girl that's exactly like me, which is going to be impossible because I am the only teen I know (besides one who is a guy..eww) that knows about the illuminati. So unless some girl wakes up and learns about em, there will be no one smart enough to handle my thoughts. Though they will be able to handle me physically, hehe.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by DodgeG1
IMO Women are a distraction, Use your time now to find out what this world is all about and find out what life is all about.

Do you realize how strange that sounds? Guess who we share the planet with: Women. And finding out about them is part and partial of finding out what life is all about.

How long did it take you to find out what women are good for? took me 2 mins - cooking and cleaning!

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I experience a similar thing. I haven't liked anyone since 8th grade and I'm in college now. I just can't seem to like anyone, so then I wonder if I will ever get married. I disagree with having children because what doesn't the world need? Its children, children who overpopulate this world. I also wonder if I can ever like anyone since I haven't in a very long time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join