It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An idiot's guide to airline safety

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

A 21-year-old man was taken into custody and has been charged with carrying an explosive aboard an aircraft after a partial stick of dynamite was found in his luggage this morning at George Bush Intercontinental Airport.

After Howard McFarland Fish's checked luggage was singled out for extra scrutiny, a secondary inspection performed by Customs and Border Protection found at least two suspicious items, including the dynamite, in his bag.

Seriously, what the hell were you thinking?

Just when you thought you had seen it all, you're smacked upside the head with an article brimming with human stupidity. Our friend, Howard McFarland Fish, decided that despite the heightened security measures placed across the nation, it would be alright to pack a partial stick of dynamite, a blasting cap and a handmade fuse in his luggage on his return flight from Argentina.

It has been determined that Mr. Fish is not a terrorist, but merely an idiot. What's next? It's not like some other idiot is going to pack a suspicious looking sexual toy in his luggage, and proclaim it's a bomb, or anything. Oh, wait...

Seriously, what the hell were you thinking? Part II

Geez, there is so much fodder here, I don't even know where to begin!

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This guy is probably one of those people who never listens to tv, never talks politics with anyone and is totally oblivious to what's happening in this world.

OR he's an idiot.

BTW, Maria, the nutcase tittle belongs to me
Just so you know....

[edit on 26-8-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Idiot + dynomite = BOOM!. Some one should take away the dynomite for his safty. Lol.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Yeah, I totally agree.

This guy must have really had his head up his you-know-what to bring home a stick of dynamite as a souvenir.

[edit on 8/27/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   
maybe it was a huge firecracker...i remember when i was younger being able to get 1/4 stick of dynamite sold as a firecracker. i have no idea if these are still available.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by devolution
maybe it was a huge firecracker...i remember when i was younger being able to get 1/4 stick of dynamite sold as a firecracker. i have no idea if these are still available.
Selling Dynamite to kids as firecrackers! Makes me wonder about some people.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
i'm amazed nobody here has asked the important question:

how was a stick of dynamite with blasting cap not discovered before the aircraft departed? how did that bag get through inspection, and can it be done again?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
OMG HAHA

"Man told airport security his penis pump was 'bomb'"

That was a good laugh, thanks for that.

Yes, sadly it's true, people are stupid, over 80% of them, i mean us

Well, its crazy and Snafu brought up a rather intresting question, how was it not discovered? No idea, but I believe things are just much more complicated now, not really any better.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Honestly, if the screeners were able to discover this, can you imagine what they don't find? I bet there is also sorts of things getting past the screeners.

Anyway, these are just prime examples of just how low an IQ can go!

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Or can it be that someone tried to use this "idiot" for their own purposes?

Like a Drug smuggler convincing a kid : take this white powder and in return ill give you a PSP.....

Probably someone took advantage if this person's IQ and decided to try to see what would happen....

new topics

top topics

join