It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange news item about OBL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Just a few minutes ago I saw a news item about Osama Bin Laden on the local channel; the source was CNN. The news item was like a mini documentary, where OBL was portraited as a super villain, who was a coward as young person, and although he treated his son in an american hospital, he betrayed his benefactors.

Until now it seems normal, does it? well, there is one detail: I am not a USA citizen. I am from Greece, and the news item was on a public channel (funded by the government).

You may wonder now how is that strange. Well, there has never been such a news item for a long long time since 9/11. The item was pure propaganda against OBL and muslims. And the strange thing is that this period is relatively idle regarding news on terror in the sense that there has not been any activity from Al Qaeda for a long time.

I am not saying that OBL is not the bad guy in this. Most probably he is. But since my country is a minor player is world politics, it seems that the news item was fed by higher powers to us.

Which only leads me to this thought: could it be possible that a worldwide campaign has started in order to persuade the world of OBL's evilness? because if it is so, then it is possible a big terrorist strike in US might accidentally follow...

The timing is perfect for such a move. September is close, and the world needs a big motive in order to join the big powers against the world of terror:

1) The supposed terrorist act in Britain's planes failed to get the world together against muslims.

2) The war in Lebanon did not suceed in turning the world against muslims.

By taking into account all the above factors, the only logical conclusion is that if there is a conspiracy to lead the christian world against the muslim world, then it is a good time for a big destruction in USA.

Personally I think the scenario is highly unlikely, but I can not explain the sudden anti-OBL rhetoric in another way.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Maybe it was a slow news day. Was the documetary in Greek or English?

I will admit it was strange. Usually such documetaries are mainly fed to the US public where it will have more impact of reminding people that the boogeyman is still out there. Well, if he's even still alive.......

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
Just a few minutes ago I saw a news item about Osama Bin Laden on the local channel; the source was CNN. The news item was like a mini documentary, where OBL was portraited as a super villain, who was a coward as young person, and although he treated his son in an american hospital, he betrayed his benefactors.

It sounds like it got you to watch it? I'm sure others did too. Higher ratings = more $$$

(mod edit to reduce unnecessary complete quote of first post)

[edit on 26-8-2006 by pantha]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I watched it, because I was interested to see the reason why it is shown. The public state TV has never shown such news item before.

I is certainly not for the ratings, because a) the state TV is funded by the people (we pay for it, no matter if we watch it or not), and b) anti-americanism is high in Greece and so many people secretly inside them support OBL (I apologise for this to people from my country, but that's true), so a piece that supports USA so easily would turn people away.

And it was not a slow news day, because there are plenty of things going on at the local level, and the news item was short.

I wonder if other countries in the area got their piece of anti-OBL rhetoric.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It was "In the Footstep of bin Laden". It's a mini-series of documentaries CNN is running on their ramp-up to the fifth anniversary of 9/11. And then they are going to replay (they say) unedited and uncut all the coverage of the day (8:30 a.m. to midnight)...yeah.

So if there's video you want to catch - that'll be the day to do it....yeah.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
It was "In the Footstep of bin Laden". It's a mini-series of documentaries CNN is running on their ramp-up to the fifth anniversary of 9/11. And then they are going to replay (they say) unedited and uncut all the coverage of the day (8:30 a.m. to midnight)...yeah.

So if there's video you want to catch - that'll be the day to do it....yeah.

Thanks for the info!

Has anyone from other countries seen it in their local TV?

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
yeah its on here in the UK too. Was going to watch it and then forgot. I always do that

top topics

join