It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Aug 22nd turns out just to be another day...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Whats next? Auntie Ethels Birthday is when the world will end?

Or will there finally be an end to doomsayer topics and predictons, because, lets face it, according to alot of people we're dead several times over and yet, oddly enough, I'm still posting this onto ATS.

I'm starting to wonder if there is something slighly disturbing, not about the dates, but about the fact that so many people seem to want to embrace total destruction that its prophesised so regularly.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Whats next? Auntie Ethels Birthday is when the world will end?

Probably! Check on her birthday! If the numbers add up to 999 or 666 or 1 or 8 or 12 or 42, then YES! The world will END! RepulsoTarians from Whaffle IXX will land on the lawn of the White House, causing the American military to nuke Washington, D.C. In retaliation, Korea will promise to nuke whoever did that as soon as they can build a nuke, and Britain will Stay Out of it, along with France and Germany and the European Union. Castro's successor will send a fleet of floating cars to invade and recapture Florida and Canada will put up a barbed wire fence at the border.

Or will there finally be an end to doomsayer topics and predictons, because, lets face it, according to alot of people we're dead several times over and yet, oddly enough, I'm still posting this onto ATS.

Are we takin' bets?

I'm starting to wonder if there is something slighly disturbing, not about the dates, but about the fact that so many people seem to want to embrace total destruction that its prophesised so regularly.

It's a desire to be a hero. To have heroic times descend when we can march out against the world and return it to a simpler setup.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Well, its already August 22 in Iran and has been for an hour or two...time is ticking.

Oh waht will Armenojdafwjajad do? The rest of the world is SO scared.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by princeofpeace]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
i guess were just tired of the sword of damocles hanging over us and just want to get it the hell over with.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The 22nd is almost over there.......looks like more bluffing by Amenweqwnqkwjdjad

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
For some of us, ATS and similar sites offer a unique opportunity to collect local data in near real time from all over the world. If something significant is in the works there is every possibility that individuals will notice changes in the day-to-day patterns around them. Assemble these events in one place --- like ATS --- and we might get a heads-up. The cover was blown off the first gulf war because Dominos had a huge spike in deliveries to the Pentagon. Here on ATS we could get numerous reports of leaves/vacations cancelled in the military and public safety sectors, sudden unexpected arrivals of new equipment, redeployment of certain assets, changes in politician's schedules, weird fluctuations in the markets, any number of possibilities.

It's the easiest game in the world to say 'nothing is going to happen' and feel superior to the people actively discussing it. But that accomplishes nothing. The Aug. 22nd discussions came about because of a concordance of events: the WSJ op ed, The Iranian answer to the UN, the Muslim/Islamic date, the significant current tension in the world, the outright weird recent Israeli war in Lebanon, etc. All of this suggested something might be up. I lived through the Cuban missile crisis. End of the world? Hardly. But if the guano is going to hit the ventilator I'd like to have as much warning and info as possible going in. And despite all the noise created by the debunker 'heroes', if anything ever does happen there is every likelihood we'll see it coming in places like ATS long before it hits. What we do here is very similar to what every intelligence gathering orgainzation does... collecting local news from as many possible points as are available.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Well, it won't be just another day even if doomsday doesn't come. Iran will probably give an answer one way or another and that is still historical and adds to the suspense of the rise and fall of nations.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
The "enlightened" ones here at ATS -- myself included -- are waiting for "something" to happen on August 22nd, 2006. It is obvious to the "enlightened" that Iran is going to attempt to fulfill Islamic prophecy on this day --- as a matter of fact, TODAY .

Of course of nothing happens, we will all breathe a deep sigh of relief and, then, there will be those among the "unenlightened" that will say "see....we told you so....nothing happened". The enlightened, naturally, will find that, because of slight miscalculation in determining Islamic dates, the actual date of the Islamic Armegedon will take place next month.

Just because i have a basement full of survival gear left over from Y2K doesn't mean that the rest of the "enlightened" and I are wrong. We are merely prudent and, of course, ready. If nothing happens today, then the date will obviously be September 22nd just as Y3K is the new date for a millenial disaster. The enlightened stand, tin foil helmets at the ready.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Israeli minister Eitan is warning Israelis to prepare for a possible attack from Iran. In his own words he said that Iran was threatening to make Israel its primary target if Iran was attacked.

I wonder why he would tell Israel to prepare for such a thing unless he knew Israel was intending to attack Iran or that the USA would.

Source
Minister says Israel must be ready for any Iranian attack

By Reuters

A week after the end of the war with Hezbollah, Minister Rafi Eitan warned Tuesday that Israel should prepare for the possibility of a missile attack from Iran.

"We are liable to face an Iranian missile attack. The Iranians have said very clearly that if they come under attack, their primary target would be Israel," Eitan, a member of the decision-making security cabinet, told Israel Radio.

Iran could fire missiles at Israel "therefore we must prepare for what could come, and prepare the entire country for a missile strike attack, to prepare all the civilian systems so they are ready for this," Eitan said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
um its 2:12 on the east coast of the united states, and sorry to say but i noticed numerous occations of irregular activity.

heres the list
* my cigarette burnt only on the left side, is this the possible apoclypse?
* my cat looked at me and walked away, with hate.
* there was a emergency alret message on tv, but it left when i changed the channel

* uhh nothing else here on the east coast, but the day has'nt started! and i got my tin foil hat just in case to protect my head from government brain control, and thier pesky terrorism.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sympthons_WDF
um its 2:12 on the east coast of the united states, and sorry to say but i noticed numerous occations of irregular activity.

heres the list
* my cigarette burnt only on the left side, is this the possible apoclypse?

Chances are if you are somewhere in New York State its just the chemically treated paper intended to be self-extinguishing is burning improperly as usual.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
The 22nd is almost over there.

What are you talking about? Enough time left... Not that I do expect something terrible to happen...

Just found an article saying inspectors are being kept out of a key site, but then again, didn't Iran do this several times before?

By David R. Sands
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
August 22, 2006

Inspectors kept out of key site ahead of deadline
Facing a self-imposed deadline today to respond to a U.S.-backed offer to suspend its nuclear programs, Iran yesterday blocked international inspectors from a key research site and vowed once more never to surrender its atomic energy programs.

Washington Times

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   
A interesting precursor?

Iran announces its Arak heavy water plant will soon be operational

August 22, 2006, 10:34 AM (GMT+02:00)

The announcement came from Dep Dir of Iran’s nuclear program Mohammad Saidi hours before Tehran’s promised response to the world powers’ incentive package for halting uranium enrichment. Iran's supreme ruler Ali Khamenei said nothing will turn his country from its course. According to an unnamed source in Vienna talking to AKI, new centrifuges have been installed at the Natanz uranium enrichment facility over the past week.

The Arak plant could produce plutonium for nuclear bombs by an alternative method to the uranium enrichment process

DebkaFile

For me the answer of Iran is crystal clear already.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
1pm here in the UK and still nothing has happened on global scale to affect my rather dull day at the office.

The paperwork sucks, 2/3rds of the people are on holiday, my coffee tastes good and the weather is varied...some rain, some sunshine.

I'll post again later in the day, but I have to say that for our australian cousins, the 22nd is over already so they survived the apocalypse pretty well, or does it only happen on EST, Central or PST?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Just posted this in another thread:

Romanian oil rig comes under Iranian fire

By ALISON MUTLER
ASSOCIATED PRESS WRITER

BUCHAREST, Romania -- A Romanian oil rig off the coast of Iran came under fire Tuesday from an Iranian military warship and was later occupied by Iranian troops, a company spokesman said.

The Iranians first fired into the air and then fired at the Orizont rig, said GSP spokesman Radu Petrescu. Half an hour later, troops from the ship boarded and occupied the rig and the company lost contact with the 26 crew members shortly afterward.

Petrescu said he had no information about any injuries or deaths. The Orizont rig has been moored near Kish island in the Persian Gulf since October 2005, he told the Associated Press.

Eugen Chira, the political consul at the Romanian Embassy in Tehran, confirmed the incident, but provided few details. "Some forces opened fire. That an incident has happened is true. We have no details or the reason yet," he said.

GSP, also known as the Oil Services Group, is a private Romanian company established in 2004 which operates six offshore rigs that it bought from Romania's largest oil company, Petrom.

Two of its rigs are operating near the Iranian coast in the Persian Gulf as part of a deal signed between Petrom, GSP and Dubai-based Oriental Oil Co.

advertising
The Romanian company was in Iranian courts earlier this year over a dispute involving another one of its oil rigs, Fortuna, the financial weekly Saptamana Financiara has reported. It was unclear whether Tuesday's incident was related to legal issues.

The Orizont rig was built in 1987 and weighs 13,000 tons.

Kish, in the southern end of the Persian Gulf, houses the offices of about 100 Iranian and foreign oil companies.

seattlepi.nwsource.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Not all predictions a wrong it would appear:

Clarification required by mods

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Well, it is a signifigant date. Its Layne Staley's Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe today is the day Layne will be resurrected from the dead and appear to all! Thats it!

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
11pm - 22 of August here on the eastcoast of Australia, and besides a bunch of kangaroo's going past my house in full military dress carrying AK47s .....nothing much happening down under

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burginthorn
11pm - 22 of August here on the eastcoast of Australia, and besides a bunch of kangaroo's going past my house in full military dress carrying AK47s .....nothing much happening down under

Nothing out of the ordinary you say.

Weren't those roos trained by the west using M16s, I feel a roos loyalty must always remain questionable.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Nearly 4pm here and the world is still intact. To be honest an apocalypse right now would liven things up a bit because today has been dull dull dull and I could do with an adrenaline rush.

Would love to have seen those AK-47 armed 'Roo's though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join