It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tramm Hudson Commits Political Suicide (Blacks Can't Swim Remark)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
You'd think that the recent flak from "Tar Baby" comments would make politicians think twice about making racial comments. (Not that I think Tar Baby is a racist term depicting blacks anymore than Marshmallow Man (via Ghost-busters) is a racist term that's derogatory to whites.) Even blacks are having problems playing the race card recently. (Cynthia McKinney) It's just best to stick to issues that don't involve the differences of races.

Along comes Tramm Hudson. He opened his mouth and made a Titanic statement. Titanic as in it's going to sink his ship.

Tramm Hudson Destroys Himself (Video of speech too)
Tramm Hudson is the current front runner in the GOP primary in FL-13, the Congressional District being vacated by Katherine Harris. RedState has happened upon the clip below of Tramm talking to a group of people. His words will, justifiably, mostly likely destroy his campaign and sink his chances of victory.

"I grew up in Alabama. I understand, uh, I know from experience, that blacks are not the greatest swimmers or may not even know how to swim."

Okay, so he did make an honest apology. Should this be the end of his career or should we all ignore stupid comments like these and focus on more important issues. In his defense (Devil's advocate) the Center for Disease Control (CDC) backs him up and verifies Hudson's statement.

Water-Related Injuries
Among racial groups, African Americans reported the most limited swimming ability

Either way, stay tuned to the Daily Show and the Tonight Show for good use of such fine political ammunition. Tramm Hudson....You're an idiot!

[edit on 18-8-2006 by dbates]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Gee .. the NCAA could teach Tramm Hudson a thing or two about swimmers ...

web.usaswimming.org...

It was definately a freak'n stupid comment not to mention totally WRONG.

www.blackathlete.com...
www.blackathlete.net...

[edit on 8/30/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
What an unbelievably stupid remark to make. I am at a loss for words to describe my initial thoughts on this idiot's remarks. Stupid...bigoted...untrue...bigoted...actually those pretty much sum it up.

new topics

join