It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just FYI, something "clicked" in my mind...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I wasn't sure if the Prediction/Prophecy forum was the right place for this, but it's the closest thing, so here we go...

I just wanted to share with you all something that just occurred to me.

I am not implying that the US gov't was forewarned of the events of 9/11/01, but with that suspicion in the back of my head, the following just popped into my mind.

Simply (and purposefully VAGUELY) put, just before 9/11/01 my National Guard unit had something odd happen related to the possibility of a terrorist attack being in the near future. The same thing has happened this week.

With all the August 22 predictions, I find this strange. It has only happened once before, and that was before 9/11/01. I've been in the Guard for 12 years and it is a very odd situation.

I'm afraid that's all I feel comfortable saying. I will not reveal any more details, so don't waste your time asking. This is something affecting everyone in the unit from the newest PVT to the full bird COLs, it is nothing secret, just a circumstance that strikes me as very weird.

I'd be interested in knowing if any other US soldiers have made any similar observations.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I served in the US Army and from the stand point of a soldier, who is drawn between two directives; one of conscious and the other of blinding discipline, I must only tell you that human leadership can and will fail. With this in mind, always stay on duty as a guard within yourself, not lacking your duties of a soldier. Whatever may happen or who is responsible is not your concern, but hold fast to your own personal duty.

Do not think for a moment that a small NG unit is substantial in light of a higher agenda that the leaders have brewing in the pot, so to speak.

And for faith, look to the Centurion who had faith by stating he also takes commands from a master - whom Jesus praised.

[edit on 18-8-2006 by ben91069]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I'm sorry Rainmaker but you are obviously going to peak alot of people's interest especially with all the chatter just on this board alone with August 22nd.

You said not to ask questions but you also said that it wasn't a secret which means it's something you could reveal. Don't you feel then after starting this thread that you have a responsibility to others to reveal your concerns?

Looking back now at 911 and putting the first weird incident to test in your mind and now possibly making a connection would you have warned people? Done something different?
You may now have that opportunity. If something is going to happen then the public has a right to know. People could die, will die if this goes down the way people are predicting it will.

I served in the Navy and was a cryptologist in my field. During my training it was asked over and over how we would respond if we knew an incident were to occur in our home towns. The idea of the training was that we tell noone including our families. I remember calling my mom and saying mom if I call at any time and tell you to walk the dog even at 3am get out of town immediately.

It was my only way to inform her without actually eluding to any facts that I may know.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Rainmaker... although the government 'talks-the-talk' about working to protect the citizenry, recent events (9/11, Katrina, Oklahoma City, Anthrax, etc.) strongly suggest that either the government is wholly incapable of that mission or something else far more sinister. The only chance 'we the people' have is relying on the citizen soldiers that are the cogs that drive this massively complex machine. Without you folks we are all truly screwed. We are all powerless but to hope that you and your like will follow your orders and complete your missions. But that you will always remember that your ultimate mission is to protect us and to protect the Constitution of the United States of America. We are all hard-wired to recognize right and wrong to one degree or another --- irrespective of what orders have been issued. I, for one, am counting on the fact that most of you recognize what your true responsibility is and will execute that to the fullest.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Very Well Said Guys...............my congrats on that!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
What was the point of posting in the first place if you were only going to say "I think something might happen on AUG 22 but i cant tell you why." Seriously, why post?

I'll tell you why.. because deep down, YOU REALLY WANT TO TELL US... you WANT US to prod you on, coax you... having information that others want/seek makes the person who has this information "IMPORTANT, SIGNIFICANT".. even if only in their own mind and even if short lived. Psyhc 101

You ARE already important be your shear existence... anni up!

Walk in one of our shoes for a moment... how would you feel about a post like that.

Peace

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I find it hard to beleive that, if it is the work of a cabal within the government, that there are doing anything invovled in teh preparation twice, and that it would invovle, of all things, a national guard unit, or that, if its really the work of terrorists, and their prep-work has some sort of effect (unintended by them) within the US military, that it would have anything to do with a national guard unit.

I could understand if we were talking about an anti-terror group within the CIA, or military intelligence, and, say, some action by the plotters results in some small, practically unintended action/effect within the unit, but, not a national guard unit.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Nygdan-- perhaps part of the significance may lie with what the unit's mission is, which I don't want to share so nobody can narrow me down. It is not a run-of-the-mill "weekend warrior" unit.

OK you folks are right, this is no secret, in fact nobody was told to keep their mouth shut, so there really is no reason why I can't tell you all, so here goes...

The weekend before 9/11/01 was a nromally scheduled drill for us, I don't recall what but it was pretty mundane. However my unit suddenly and without explanation were told to cancel our normal drill and location and go somewhere else for a counterterrorism training refresher. This was with about three days notice! I had never been to the other location before because Army National Guard units don't usually go there, and when we were there the security was tight to the point of seeming like a cheesy spy movie, all the way up to the door of the room we were in most of the weekend. One of the briefings consisted of lots of hinting of a terrorist attack. That's about all I feel comfortable saying.

Well it happened again this week, same scenario, except some brass are going somewhere else while most of us will be in a different place. Same three days notice, same mention of counterterrorism training, but a different (but still very unusual) location.

I don't know what to make of it, but it makes me a little worried.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Hmm.. that is unusual.. do you remember how long from that training until 9/11? That may help us narrow down when we should expect it.

Also, remember just a few months ago when every major government head was in bunkers? Again.. more training for an impending massive assault.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I thought that there was a large scale anti-terrorism exercise at that time? Isn't it possible that your unit was sent to anti-terrorism training on the fly becuase of that, or that there was more security because of that?

Sounds interesting though, I can imagine seeing something that only happened then, happening now, and being DAMNED nervous now!

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
We need to hear from other active or guard military on this board as well as EMT's, public safety (fire and police) and the like. Are any of you seeing changes in your scheduling? Any vacation requests being denied? Any personnel changes? Any new equipment? You all get the idea... without jeapordizing your jobs please give us details and approximate locations (region in US or closest major city). Perhaps we can tie-in subtle correlations. Let's face it, no matter what side of the 9/11 argument you happen to be on, there were PLENTY of 'coincidences' just leading up.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
A friend of mine was in the Coast Guard. He had plans of coming to work security, where I work, but all of a sudden he was "switching" to the Army and was being sent to the desert to train for a month or something and is most likely being shipped abroad.

Probably doesn't mean anything but I thought I'd add it.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Thank you Rainmaker for giving us some insight and some food for thought.
The fact that twice now that your unit has alternate plans of unknown origin is something to think about and I am sure you look back to 911 and see the coincidence.

I personally don't like to put a specific date to any mayhem that may occur within in the next few weeks like the August 22nd boards but I do think we all should be prepared in light of recent events and tensions because something be it next week or next month something is coming and it will affect us all.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The USS New York has only been commissioned twice in history. Accourding to the History Channel, it is being recommissioned again for a third time.

Does any one know when it was last in active service, no? It was Both WW1 & WW2, so you know.

Hmm...

Grrr

Just finished scanning over the active ships, the oldest date back to 1944, going on 62 years service now. The retirement package for an old ship, is being recycled into a another one.

[edit on 19-8-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Other Ships named New York
Frigate: Built in New York City and funded by the citizens of New York, the second New York was a 36-gun frigate. Commissioned in October 1800..

Ship-of-the-Line: After the War or 1812, Congress authorized the construction of 9 ships of the line as a potential deterrent to future war with Britain. War never came and so the New York, whose keel was laid in 1820 and was ready for launching in 1825, never left the stocks.

Armored Cruiser #2 (CA 2): Laid down in 1890, the armored cruiser New York was commissioned in August 1893.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I fail to see how exactly the commision of a ship signifies something?

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Good job on the history lesson.

I was talking about within the last century, but yes technically, the NY has a well seated part in our military. The signifigance of that alone I hope is obvious enough.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
OK folks, I am back from the drill weekend.

This time around the counterterrorism training was much more hands-on and less of pure information, compared to in 2001. Absolutely nothing was said about anything possibly being around the corner, unlike 2001.

Pretty boring in the end, I think it may have just been an opportunity for us to get some training with a chemical unit, thus the sudden change in schedule.

Also, I work full time as an officer in a small police dept., and we have had no unusual things happen such as denied vacation time, extra personnel requested, etc. Neither have the fire/EMS guys, I asked a couple of them today.

In other words, I am breathing a sigh of relief, but I admit I'm still troubled by the discussions taking place in the Predictions Forum.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
what do u mean training with a chemical unit??

like a unit that specializes in handling chemical spills, accidents, or other incidents of this nature??

of course this is something i hope All gov't personell would know how to deal with, cuz thats why we pay so much Tax $, security

but im just asking for clarification

it is a piece of the puzzle none the less

thanks bro,

btw, ty for serving us we appreciate it

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Militray chem training is simular to hazmat exept for a combat enviornment. The different Mopp level 123 and 4 are specific to the threat. MOPP 4 for example is full suit, where as the lower levels only require a mask & hood or maybe gloves and such.

NBC training is Nuclear, Biological and Chemical training however in knox I recall extra radiological info. Testing and detecting of such and be done with recon as some FMs and SOPs outline in TRADOC.

Vehicle specific training may also be covered, hopefully much more cross training will be taken up by those involved. Local responders for example may have to help each other out in a pinch. In Grand Haven, Michigan, Police and Fire dept both have firefighters level 1 and 2 for a minimum and fire fighters have police training. That is how it has always been though in GH. Budget isn't as good as say Grand Rapids or Lansing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join