It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donnie Darko: Meaning of the movie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Hello,

I have always enjoyed watching the movie "Donnie Darko". The movie seems extremely esoteric. I can't seem to pin down the true point or meaning to the movie.

Does anyone have any ideas or think they know the secret of Donnie Darko?

Information about the movie (basic)

en.wikipedia.org...

-- Boat

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I'm not sure there is a point to it....it was just dark and bizzare. I know that in the dream, he was given the knowlege to make changes in life. Like finding that the motivational speaker was a pedophille...but again, what does that matter since at the end of the film, he dies. Soo, perhaps the point of the movie is that there is no turning back, no true meaning soo lets live without regrets or fear.....

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Interesting point of view. It could be, I think I may need to watch it more times.

Anyone else have any ideas?

-- Boat

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It's all been done as such, just let nature run its course.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
if you see the extended director's cut, you may get more out of it, and understand more of it.
it all has to do with parallel universes and such.

i love the movie, and i have done a lot of reading on the meaning of it, and what actually goes on.
i found the book written by mrs. sparrow somewhere on the web, too. that one clears up things even more. note that this is not a real book, but they have written one for promotional causes, and probably for clearing up things too.

if you want, i can give you my opinion on the movie, but it contains spoilers, so i won't just go on without giving warnings.
just reply here, and i will post another reply, with a warning, in case people don't want to read spoilers. :p

top topics

join