It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Airport in 'liquid bomb' alert!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Seems that Tri-State airport in West Virgina has been evacuated, since security found a bottle of liquid that bomb tests and sniffer dogs both positively ID'd for explosives. Another day of terror it seems. Not what I wanted to hear, because frankly, I would prefer not to create threads about this.

BBC NEWS

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
CNN Source

Apparently the woman was on a one way flight from Pakistan. What bothers me the most about this is that it seems the BBC got the information up before the US news stations did. I have a bad feeling that this is going to be the beginning of many scares inside the US as well as Britain.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
A positive from a swab machine and a sniffer dog, this isn’t good, I’ve seen test of those swab machines and they’re very accurate and sensitive, will even tell you what kind of explosive it is. Lets hope for this woman’s sake that this is just residue from an outside source.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed it is all Pakistani in origin. The bomber in this had Pakistani roomates.
en.wikipedia.org...

Was that a dry run for this year? Can you imagine suicide bombers simultanously at a few stadiums around the US?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
A positive from a swab machine and a sniffer dog, this isn’t good, I’ve seen test of those swab machines and they’re very accurate and sensitive, will even tell you what kind of explosive it is. Lets hope for this woman’s sake that this is just residue from an outside source.

Yeah, that is the point that made me take this ultra-seriously. If it would have just been an unknown bottle of pakistan's finest booze, I would have shrugged it off, but these machines are no joke. They are the ultimate in testing for explosions and have a very small false positive chance.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Can't be Pakistan - they're a 'key ally'

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
How is this not showing up anywhere else?
Nothing on Drudge even.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lardo5150
How is this not showing up anywhere else?
Nothing on Drudge even.

As I have said, this is really bothering me. You know it isn't even making the headlines on some West Virginia news sites? I got a better idea of what is going on from one of them, but I had to dig into the site to find it. Even if this is all a game, even if it is all a conspiracy, this needs to be front page material for the sake of information. Apparently she was originally from Pakistan, but they haven't reported where she lives at the time. Her final destination (forgive the pun) was Detroit. What would she have been targeting there? Or was it the flight itself? This is a relatively small airport, which raises my suspicions as well. There were four bottles in total and the screener thought they were suspicious. May have been a wise hunch after all.

*Edit - Forgot to link my source for that information.

[edit on 8/17/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous
Can't be Pakistan - they're a 'key ally'

The government is as much an ally as they can be; given the circumstances we are better of now than with the extremist in control of Pakistan. But it has an extreme part of the population which would willingly carry out acts such as these. Besides, have you forgotten about the British born suspects caught last week?

[edit on 17-8-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This is getting absurd....

Somehow, I have a feeling that they are setting us all up for what is coming next....with all these "scares" coming out, it would be an ideal time to perpetrate something big...people are being conditioned for something....seeds are being planted into minds....when something does go down, all they have to do is name the accused country, and it will be war all over again...with Toby Keith making a song about it and Bush being glorified as a hero....

My only fear, is that thousands of innocents are going to die for no reason other than to give us an excuse for Holy War....they won't call it that, but it will be obviously against all Muslim nations...

Hopefully, I am overreacting, but if something does go down, don't be surprised....

The NFL season is just getting underway, and a lot of post 9/11 security measures at NFL stadiums (such as patdowns) have been eliminated.....They would make an obvious target for anyone wishing to kill thousands.....It is places like that to keep an eye on.....I'm not trying to further the fear tactics already being spread, but I just want people to be aware of their surroundings...

Just live your life as normal, don't let the fear mongers control you....Live each moment like it was your last....Love one another, and seek knowledge....

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

... we are better of now than with the extremist in control of Pakistan.

But... ummm...

Oh forget it!

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
But... ummm...

I know what you’re thinking, but there are a lot worse than Musharraf, you can view him or those in his government as extremists but compared to the MMA he looks like a saint. Like I said, under the circumstances its better then the alternative.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

The government is as much an ally as they can be; given the circumstances we are better of now than with the extremist in control of Pakistan. But it has an extreme part of the population which would willingly carry out acts such as these. Besides, have you forgotten about the British born suspects caught last week?

[edit on 17-8-2006 by WestPoint23]

No I haven't forgotten but I also remember the leading Pakistani nuclear scientist admitting he'd supplied Iran with the centrifuges critical to developing nuclear capability I remember he wasn't punished by Pakistan because he said he was sorry.

Pakistan gives overt support to islamic extremists, Saudi-Arabia has flooded the world with hard-line Wahabbi versions of the Koran and yet both remain free from sanction or criticism by the US. Both are fundamental to the rise of islamic extremism we're saying at the moment
Neither are democracies and yet the US has invaded other countries on the basis they were undemocratic!

Double-standards being applied?

[edit on 17/8/2006 by Strangerous]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Yeah right, the goverment.

Wasn't it the top Pakistani ISI official who wired 100000$ to Mohammed Atta just before the 911 attacks?

Something that was never decently explained and imho worth explaining since that same official is still in his position.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
OK, lets all take a chill pill until we see more info...

at this point, it could still have been a false positive...

I am also very curious if there are "explosive" type contents in common hygeine products (like alcohol)

Also, did anyone notice how the info changed fast...

at first it was a "michigan born 28yr old" traveling in the USA...
now it is a pakistani born pakistani, on a one way trip...

quite a difference... especially as the original info seemed to answer the readers next question of "were they muslim?" with a catagoric NO...

now its yes... interesting... I want to see a picture of her...
and I want to see a picture of her strewn innards if she was truly attempting to murder 100's of innocents... maybe with her still alive

that was the best i could come up with...

anyone else have some torture ideas for captured terrorists attempting to murder 100's of innocents?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Howdy folks...

Interesting that this airport is only about 7~8 miles from my house...

It waas also reported here @ 12:24 by WSAZ, here is a video of it, you have to scroll down to Featured Videos...

www.wsaz.com...

Also here is a live stream from the airport ( no audio )...

www.wsaz.com...

Here is from the Hunting Dispatch (WV)...

www.herald-dispatch.com.../20060817/NEWS01/60817009

And the Ashland Daily (KY)...

www.dailyindependent.com...

Will let you know if anything more on the evening news...

*Edit*

Nothing really new as of yet, except that the explosive materiel appers to be some form of nitrate...

[edit on 17-8-2006 by Jedi_Master]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous
No I haven't forgotten but I also remember the leading Pakistani nuclear scientist admitting he'd supplied Iran with the centrifuges critical to developing nuclear capability I remember he wasn't punished by Pakistan because he said he was sorry.

Yeah I remember that too, and it was the US who forced Pakistan to "out" him and force him to apologize, and although he may be getting a slap on the wrist that’s about as far as we can push Pakistan, like I said, look at the alternative. Lesser of two evils. BTW it was Pakistan who helped with the case last week, and they have helped a number of times in the WoT by investigating individuals.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This story has made me give up our media. After watching how Cynthia Mckinney is anti-Semitic and JonBenet's murder gets media coverage, I think it's time to say they have become far too sensational. Drama is taking the place of any form of national security, whether faked or otherwise. :shk: What a shame.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
From jedi masters first link:

The trace analyzers detect minute amounts of explosive material. But they can also give positive readings on items that have come in contact with fertilizer, recently dry-cleaned clothes, and even hot dogs -- anything with nitrate compounds.

so that tells us that even when postives come up, they still aren't positive...

and i suspect that are many common ways to come into contact with nitrates...
apparently they are even possible in private well water.

So we have to take original reports with a grain of... nitrate...

top topics

join