It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria warns Israel over Golan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
SYRIA has warned Israel that the occupation of the Golan Heights "cannot last forever" and said Syrians will emulate Hizbollah to recover their land.

Full story:
www.news.com.au...

Is this similar talk like that of the Iranian leader, or could this latest development actually amount to something serious?

The way Irael has pulled out of the current conflict, maybe Israel is feigning weakness for a reason.
Is it a ploy?
Pulling out the way they did, maybe setting up for a bigger much larger conflict?
Or where they flat out beaten this time around?

And therefore giving countries like Syria the boldness to take them on aswell?

[edit on 16-8-2006 by Burginthorn]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Syria seems to have a deep seated need to get its military rear kicked...again!

Syria had tried to attack Israel with other Muslim countries several times since Israel was recreated after WW2.

The Last time Syria tried it, they sent 72 Russian mig fighters up to challenge the IDF air force.

72 Russian migs went up into the air and 72 Russian migs were shot out of the air by the IDF air force. (It is a simple matter of history to check this-try google "battle of Baakaa Valley in 72”.

Also, Israel used its "Wild Weasels", jets with special radar and missiles.

It flies and tries to get enemy radar to "paint it" with radar.

They then shot a missile down-following the enemies own radar as a homing signal.

Darning the same war with Syria (and others) Syria lost SSOO many radar/radar missile sites, they shut down all the remains radar sites so they did not lose them ALL!!!!

Israel DID have trouble fighting Hezbollah who cowardly hides behind civilians.

HOWEVER, fighting a REAL military that does not hide behind women and children, Israel will flatten all of Syria and it's military if they do something stupid...again.

Of course, don't forget Syria's and Hezbollah terrorist masters Iran.

I would bet Iran is pushing for Syria to start a war with ISREAL...AGAIN, so they can get themselves involved.

I consider it very funny, that Syria put 30 tanks on Israel’s border (Golan Heights), and how long do you think it would take for Israel to blow all 30 tanks-5 min???

Will Syria hide it's military behind civillians-???
Lets see if they are just as Cowardly as the Hezbolla terrorits they fully support??

[edit on 8/16/2006 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burginthorn
SYRIA has warned Israel that the occupation of the Golan Heights "cannot last forever" and said Syrians will emulate Hizbollah to recover their land.

Good for Syria !!!!! they need to get their lands back from an aggressor.

Oh!!!! I forgot!!!!!! they are the aggressor and Axis of evil, sorry

They need to move into Iran and give Israel all the Syrian land.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Marge, you seem to forget or don't know, that land was taken from Syria the last time they and other countries attacked Israel-reread your history books.

The Syrians used the Golan heights-high ground- to attack Israel.

They were defeated and pushed back-Syrians

Israel maintained the -high ground_ so as to deny Syria the -high ground_ to attack Israel...for the 4th or 5th time.........hmmmmm

If I were Israel, I would not give up the high ground to a country that had attacked me many times already-especially when they have 30 tanks and missiles lined up there. As it sits they must shoot up at Israel.

Don't give Syria the high ground to attack Israel again...

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Sorry but by UN laws, internationals laws, it's illegal to re-draw frontiers of countries by war. If the US wouldn't have any veto... Israël would have what they deserve for their lack of respecting laws as a criminal.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Sorry but by UN laws, internationals laws, it's illegal to re-draw frontiers of countries by war.

Thanks Vitchilo.This I know that much the lands do not belong to Israel the same way that US has no business invading and holding Iraq.

Is all a big Hypocrecy in the middle east and then people Dare to asks why the countries around Israel are so evil and hate US and Isreal so much.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Nice to see that the appeasment of Hezzbollah is reaping such rewards. Now Syria is going to emmulate Hezzbollah, how nice...wonder when they are going to kidnap some Israeli soldiers?

Syria attacked Israel from the Golan Heights once before...Israel kicked them out of them. So sorry, Israel should keep the Heights if only to aid in protecting themselves.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Interesting that the Golan Hts issue has finally arose.
Supposedly this is the seed of Armeggeon. If Israel gives up the Golan Hts it's over.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
Supposedly this is the seed of Armeggeon.

Yes you are right . . . the Armageddon believers most be drolling at the possibilities.

After all if the end of the world doesn't come on its own somebody has to give it a push.

The rapture believers most be packing all ready for that day.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Yes, Marge that's exactly what I think too.
It's darn near impossible regardless of your location NOT to have heard or know about Armeggedon. And I think that again regardless of religious beliefs there are those in power who are itchy to bring it to fruition.

So the question is...Was Armeggedon predicted to occur "naturally"? Or because we supposedly know it's a coming that it's being "created".
Hope that makes sense.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Sorry but by UN laws, internationals laws, it's illegal to re-draw frontiers of countries by war. If the US wouldn't have any veto... Israël would have what they deserve for their lack of respecting laws as a criminal.

I wonder if we look at all the countries in the world, how many have aquired "land" by war.
Furthermore, how many have given the land back-without great effects?

In a perfect world-
- yes, abosolutly Syria should have full control of the territory ( It is my belief and understanding that the Golan Heights ARE NOT part of Syria, but a territory they have)

Unfortunatly, we don't live in a perfect world, so anyone with any military understanding at all would agree, Isreal CAN NOT give up the "high ground" to Syria.
It is militarly insane

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I wonder if we look at all the countries in the world, how many have aquired "land" by war.

You know you're wrong but you can't face the evidence that Israël is illegal in his occupation. Deny ignorance...

Of course, the expansion of borders by war ended after the UN creation. So YES, Israël, is illegal.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
So the question is...Was Armeggedon predicted to occur "naturally"? Or because we supposedly know it's a coming that it's being "created".
Hope that makes sense.

I was just having this exact conversation yesterday with my landlord. The push is being given, and boy are there some puppets that are playing it up out there in the media. I wonder if there ever has been any study to see if there was a possibility that humans were to push armageddon into action according to biblical texts? I can't see how no one could have studied this already, since it's been picked apart to death a zillion times.

Orginally posted by Vitcholo

Darn skippy! But remember, the UN is being made to look like an enemy all on it's own again and again, because they aren't listening to what the certain countries think they can order them into doing. Israel thinks they can do what they want, and they have some wonderful puppet countries to back them up on it.

It's really sad, especially when people are starting to go all batty in defending anything and everything that these countries do, changing/ignoring whatever laws there are that stand in their way.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

In a perfect world-
- yes, abosolutly Syria should have full control of the territory ( It is my belief and understanding that the Golan Heights ARE NOT part of Syria, but a territory they have)

Unfortunatly, we don't live in a perfect world, so anyone with any military understanding at all would agree, Isreal CAN NOT give up the "high ground" to Syria.
It is militarly insane

Let me quote myself, as Vitchilo can't seem read my post.

I will paraphrase it for those who are not clear.

In a perfect world no Israel should not be there.
In the REAL WORLD, Israel canot give up the high ground to Syria, It is military insanity

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Right and wrong have little consideration when a gov't is trying to protect it's citizens.

In a perfect world our differences would be settled with a rousing game of dodgeball, or checkers, but unfortunately in the real world that's just not the case. Israel occupied the Golan Heights to protect herself. The Syrians used it as a launch pad for attacks during the Yom Kippor (sp?) War, they got their heads beat in and in the process lost the Heights...too bad. Now they expect Israel to just give them back? Yeah...in a perfect world maybe, not this one.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Syria is CANDY and they arent warning anyone over anything anymore than Nasrallah warned anyone over the whole "beyond Haifa, beyond, beyond Haifa" and "we will hit Tel Aviv" crap. Dont listen to these regimes...nothing but talk, no action.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Syria lost a war and those mountains. Ever been there or to israel? I have plenty of times, and let me say this - from those mountains to the sea is a very very short distance. he who holds the high ground there holds alot of power in his hands.

Syria is gunning for israel now it sees it losing to hammas, and will indeed bluster for a while, and then it will, with out warning, strike. They have done it before, and will do it again. Its in their blood. Once a land has had islam rule over it, they see it as always having islam rule it. Oh and its a great launch pad for an attack on the low lands below....

Support israel at all costs, thats what the west should do now. Unity not division.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Syria is CANDY and they arent warning anyone over anything anymore than Nasrallah warned anyone over the whole "beyond Haifa, beyond, beyond Haifa" and "we will hit Tel Aviv" crap. Dont listen to these regimes...nothing but talk, no action.

While you might say its candy, any war means someone is going to die. All it takes is a direct hit in a populated city and thousands hundreds could be dead in one pop. Don't act as though its something to flaunt your nose at. Thats arrogance.

Be glad that they didn't hit Tel-Aviv. You were one of the people that was saying they had all these weapons, well if they had them they obviously didn't use them or they held back from using them. Lots more people could have died.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Yes the Golan has always been strategic but as weapons become more advanced, it wont matter as much. Besides, this isnt exactly Guerilla warfare land..the advantage is because of its altitude in a relatively low lying area. Let Syria place artillery there and it will be bombed into submission. The Heights arent as important now as they were 20 years ago, but Ishrael should hold them nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by Burginthorn

Well.. Syria was the agressor? I am confused as to how that can be mixed up? ... Explain please.. how was Syria the victim???

There has been peace in the Gholan heights for a long time, of all Israels neighbors, Syria and them get along the best because of that buffer. They like the buffer!

Why is Syria saying this?? They are antagonizing Israel into a strike.. these people want an open war!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join