It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to stop being a Fuedal Serf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The reality is the world we think we live in is completely different to the world we actually live in. This is a free E-Book which I have no affiliation to what so ever that explains how American (Western Civilization) Capitalism is just a new word for modern day Fuedalism!

Here are some reasons to read this book:

1. why the number of American billionaires suddenly doubled in 1986, quadrupled by 1987, and by 1990 was nearly eight-fold!!...while at the same time, the number of soup kitchens and street beggars increased dramatically throughout the country
how and why the richest 1 (one ) percent have come to own more wealth than the combined wealth of the bottom 90 (ninety) percent
2. why the elected Congress continues to pass discriminating tax shelter laws that make the rich richer and the poor poorer
3. why and how voters have been left with less influence than lobbyists
4. why so many of America's politicians can openly break the law ...but remain virtually immune from prosecution
5. why Wall Street has been preoccupied with leveraged buyouts and mergers, and how they are fleecing the country

www.justiceplus.org...

www.justiceplus.org...

mod edit to use external quote code, please review this link

[edit on 16-8-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
How is this different from, say, well, any country on the planet?

Modern Day feudalism can be found from Europe to China, packaged under new names, of course.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
What are we going to do about it? How can we fight back when they own the tools such as major media, and all of us are too poor to get something started?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
Capitalism is just a new word for modern day Fuedalism!

I agree with your general premise, both feudalism and capitalism are oppressive modes of production that perpetuate rigid class hierarchies. However, feudalism is greatly different mode of production than capitalism. For instance, capitalism requires a free labor force, rather than the serfdom of feudalism (where workers are tied to the land). Also note that technological advances needed for capitalism to fully take hold were absent during the feudal era. This may seem like nit-picking, but I think it's important to keep terms and concepts historically correct.

Originally posted by Mujahid187
What are we going to do about it? How can we fight back when they own the tools such as major media, and all of us are too poor to get something started?

I believe the first step is educating one's self and the second is educating others, becoming conscious of the class system. From there, it’s organize, organize, organize.

EDIT: Syntax.

[edit on 17-8-2006 by ArbitraryGuy]

new topics

top topics

join