It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Warns of Gas Guzzling Cars...leaves in gas guzzling car!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

He says part of the blame for the world's higher temperatures rests on gas guzzling vehicles. Obama says consumers can make the difference by switching to higher mileage hybrids.

Today the Senator said, "It would save more energy, do more for the environment and create better world security than all the drilling we could do in Alaska."

"After the meeting... Obama left in a GMC Envoy after admitting to favoring SUV's himself,"

drudgereport

Typical liberal. Always telling the middle-class how to act, but then ignoring their own advice. Just like Al Gore and Larry Davids wife. Unbelievable!

-- Boat

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Did you see the update?
www.drudgereport.com...

[edit on 16-8-2006 by mecheng] sorry.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by mecheng]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Did he leave alone in his SUV or did he have some of his contingent ride with him? As a Green(can't bring myself to describeg my political affiliation as "Liberal" :shudder
I can forgive people in the Trades or with very Large families and/or obligations to transport people and materials, it's the single commuters driving the gas guzzlers that irk me. I see them every day when my bus goes on the hiway and I always shake my head...

[offtopic]
Also, don't paint anyone as "typical." Hypocritical yes, but Liberals aren't typically hypocritical, just a few of them are. Just as only a few on the right are blatant hypocrits as well but we shant get into that. Stereotyping is just another way to prevent oneself from thinking critically(or thinking at all in some cases, I've seen a similiar trend amoung PS3/Wii/360 fanbois of this sin). In a partisan mind to some people on this board, anything that goes against their way of thinking is thrown out while those re-inforcing them are re-inforced. I'm beginning to believe that rabit partisanship is a mental disorder...

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm a liberal, and I drive a 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid. I consider myself the typical liberal, and him to be the type that is an embarrassment to the rest of us.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by alpha_omega]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

it's the single commuters driving the gas guzzlers that irk me. I see them every day when my bus goes on the hiway and I always shake my head...

oooo..youd hate me in my 5.7 litre 400bhp cobra that only does 10 to the gallon on a good day

seriously though...i actually hate myself for it though, at the same time i cant sacrifice that buzz of 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds as i deplete the worlds rubber reserves...fortunatley i plant at least one tree a day as compensation.

Fair point..we have to start getting smarter as regards gas guzzlers.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
oooo..youd hate me in my 5.7 litre 400bhp cobra that only does 10 to the gallon on a good day

seriously though...i actually hate myself for it though, at the same time i cant sacrifice that buzz of 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds as i deplete the worlds rubber reserves...fortunatley i plant at least one tree a day as compensation.

400 horsepower at the flywheel? How about 400 horsepower at the rear wheels and never burning a drop of petroleum (B100 bio diesel instead)? I get that and about 20mpg in a 7,500 lb vehicle. Nothing like smoking the unsuspecting here in SoCal (more than a few sport scar owners have been pwned by me on the 101).

This isn't me, but it's a truck just like mine (he's slightly more modified than me, and has 140,000 mile to my 138,000), and he's running #2 diesel as to my B100 bio. Still, it's an 7,500 lb truck that's driven every day:

Vette pwnage

Camaro pwnage

Trailered Chevelle pwnage

All hail the PowerStroke!

Basically what I'm saying is that you can have performance, and economy while being kind to the environment.

Diesel Monkeys, not just for leaving you behind anymore...

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Probably not the smartest thing for ol Obama to have harped about helping the environment and torn off in an Escalade ESV, but at least he is a supporter of the following. This is a new technology that will take organic waste and turn it into an alternative fuel source. Pretty sweet technology and it will definitely benefit humanity when it becomes readily available. Worth checking out.

www.changingworldtech.com...

www.changingworldtech.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This reminds me of Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, and Walter Cronkite ... all saying that we have to move to alternative energy supplies, but then complaining and trying to block wind mill farms because the windmills would be where they like to sail their boats.

Cut from the same cloth.

top topics

join