It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me name my new kitten!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Well, yesterday as I was throwing my garbage away I heard some meowing inside the dumpster. Inside was a box of kittens, obviously from the same litter and about eight weeks old. The shelters around here are entirely full, but I got one to take in four of the kittens. I'm holding onto one for now, and haven't quite decided to keep him, though I probably will... Anyway, if I do want to keep him, I'll need to name him. So far the list of possible names is rather short...

Leto
Lucas
Jodo

Here are some pictures of the new guy:

Here are my other two kittens, Anakin and Luci, respectively:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
How CUTE!!!!!!! well jodo sounds nice. seems to match your other two cats names. You know i found a mother cat once stranded snowing and very cold out. I took her in waited till her babies were six weeks old then stood in front of a video store and within no time a teenager around 18 or 19 would fall in love and take a kitten. I dont like given them to shelters never know what may happen to the poor cute things.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
What about V (from V for Vendetta)

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
While that would stick with my movie-named animals, I donno. I had thought about V, and while that was an excellent movie, I just don't think it would be fitting.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I think that as cats are known to have been idolised in Ancient Egypt...

what about Pharoh? i think its a b4d455 name!

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
That's a neat twist on things, though if I were to go with Egyptian Gods I'd have to pick Thoth.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
My favorite Egyptian God name; Virgil

Or his consort: Marcy

Cats also love to be numbered, as in 62 or 47.

Your beautiful Animal deserves the best!!!

[edit on 15-8-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
How about Claws because it's the coolest, however cliched, cat name there is especially for something so full of life as your most interesting feline. Cats were and always will be weird and even thou you think that they're depressed because they never get to go out :shk:, the are presicely the exact opposite.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Myowajalopolator

I think thats unique enough, huh?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
He is so ..... wonderful. He looks wise and brave.
How about Uno. Number one in Latin.

Thank God you found them.
WIS

PS. Could he date my Angel when he "comes of age", she is a very slender Angora blond.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by WalkInSilence]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Hi All,

Well, as I was staring at the little guy, the name 'Juri' came to mind. I am sure you will find a great name for him soon!
In the picture he seems to have the sadest eyes. I wonder if he will have a mellow personality?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well, I've narrowed it down to Thoth or Jodo. What do you all think?

For those not familiar with either...
Thoth at Wikipedia
Jodo Kast at Wookieepedia

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I would go with something less controversial such as Claws the cat. But that's just me and my all too simplistic mind.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Jodo!

Which over time, you will bastardize into some other cutsey name..Like all good cat owners do..
It might just morph into the name YODA..LOL

Thats what would happen if he were my cat!
I mean, look at him!

[edit on 15-8-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
JODO

yay

hahahah, iam sure, that is my final answer

[edit on 15-8-2006 by ragster]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
What a gorgeous baba!

Yes I like Jodo out of the 2, but when I read your initial 3 suggestions I liked Lucas because I am pondering naming my kitten (when I get him lol) Lucius. And he looks like a Lucius

P.S He looks exactly like my sister's kitty Clarice

[edit on 15-8-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Name him Virgil.

I had a cat named Virgil and he was the coolest cat ever.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Hmmm... Virgil, you say?

Yeah, I can see the resemblence. Or did you mean the poet?

Virgil would have been my third choice, and I do like the name a lot... Though, when (and if) I have children I'd like to name my son Virgil. So, that could be kind of awkward, don't ya think?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Actually, I meant Virgil the poet. I'm not familiar with the cartoon character. Is that a chicken?

Anyway, when the kid comes along, you could differentiate by calling the cat Virgil the Cat, or you could have Virgil I and Virgil II. You could call your son by his first and middle names, like Virgil Bob, or Virgil Ray, or Virgil Joe, or Virgil Eddie.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Fowl, actually. It's from a show I watched when I was growing up.

And, that would be interesting to do, though I can't say I'm a fan of any of the middle names you suggested.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join