It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new Aliens & UFOs forum...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The one we have now is full of skeptics and people who don't want to believe in such things and worst of all, people just making fun of everything with their stupid comments.

What I want is a new Aliens & UFOs forum where people who don't believe that aliens are visiting earth isn't allowed to post!
Then we that do "know", can have more serious discussions without all the crap from non believers.
"A place for serious discussion and research about the alien phenomena"

I know this is a little weird request, sorry... but does anyone agree with me?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
How exactly do we filter those who do and do not believe?

ATS is a place for serious discussion and I believe the existing forums already are more than enough. Tough to say a forum is filled, it maybe a busy section of the board but that should be a good thing. The more people visiting the site means more people reading what you have to say. The more people that read what you have to say means that we are denying ignorance on a greater scale.

If certain members are mocking what you have to say, simply click the Complain link up the top. This will post in a staff forum where it can be quickly responded to.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
TrappedSoul, if this is in response to a particular problem thread which staff have noticed, it is being "handled" and two of us three Amigos have put in some strong words as has another moderator.

Don't forget, skepticism is important in debunking conspiracy theories. You have to take a neutral view or you are going to wobble to one side without investigation.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
SimonGray, okay I guess I can live with it since you mods are doing such a great job!

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
Don't forget, skepticism is important in debunking conspiracy theories. You have to take a neutral view or you are going to wobble to one side without investigation.

Very true. Skeptics are actually your target audience--preaching to the choir is all fine and dandy, but other than having a good BS session, nothing gets accomplished. Knowing that your post is going to get torn from limb to limb on here by those skeptics will also make you look a lot harder for something that'll stand up to their scrutiny.

I know from experience myself how disappointing it is to spend a fair amount of time researching an event, only to have the first two or three posts knock it out of the water. But I learned from those experiences a little more of what to look for, and the stuff that I've come across since then I'm better able to weed out on my own without wasting anyone else's time. If you can ask yourself the questions that you know one of the skeptics on here will ask, then you'll be more apt to decide "Nah, this one's garbage" before you spend another two hours looking for more sites to support it and then an hour writing up a post.

And besides, it makes it just that much better when you come across something that the only response is a cop out along the lines of "no, they just don't exist..."

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Everyone should expect to take criticism in this kind of arena...

I've had my opinions in the past put down by others, but I honestly don't mind if those critics can provide me evidence that my stance is wrong.

We should all be here to learn.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
I've had my opinions in the past put down by others, but I honestly don't mind if those critics can provide me evidence that my stance is wrong.

Actually Simon, we do it because sometimes it's just fun to poke the head honcho with a stick.

In regards to the original post, I've been here a couple o'years now and I actually think that for the most part skeptics are a lot nicer around here than at other sites.

And as stated before coming here to re-inforce your own beliefs isn't the goal of ATS but to learn the truth whatever it may be.

For example, I disagree with 99.99999% of the stuff that John Lear posts but had I not bothered to actually read the posts and engage in discussion with members like John and others I never would have realized that John and I actually share some common beliefs when it comes to the Apollo program.

Other than that we don't agree or believe in the same things at all. But it never ceases to amaze me that even when you have two disparate views you can still find something in common if you are willing to be open minded about the topic and the inherent wonkiness of proof in this field.

Just my two cents of course.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I think if there were ufos out there they would definately be wise enough to stay away from humanity.

join