It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metallica fans??? Anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
i want to say that i am a metallica fan and i listen to their garage inc disc 2 because it has some frikin awsome music on it!
does anyone else like metallica? which album do you like?

just dont tell me you hate them because they got mad and sued, if some jerk stole something of myne illegally and made profit from it i would sue too. if you dont reply to this i predict you are browsing or you dont like metallica but if you do like them then do reply.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I love the old stuff. Everything up unitl the black album was classic. I know everyone says they hate the new stuff because metallica "sold out". I don't think they necessarily sold out, I just think they make absolute crap music now. They don't even remotely sound like the same band.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by outofstep]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by outofstep
I love the old stuff. Everything up unitl the black album was classic. I know everyone says they hate the new stuff because metallica "sold out". I don't think they necessarily sold out, I just think they make absolute crap music now. They don't even remotely sound like the same band.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by outofstep]

garage inc is not crap music!! breadfan... blitxkrieg... am i evil.. crash course in brain surgery... too many hits. you must think garage inc is ok dont you?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Mate all those songs on Garage were written by other bands!. My fave Metallica song is about as old as it gets. Jump in the Fire from Kill Em All, man that song rocks. I havent bought a Metallica album since Black, doesnt mean i dont like the dudes anymore, ive just discovered other stuff thats better. Just dont confuse Garage Days and Garage Inc as being Metallica cause its not their music, its the stuff that they grew up with and listened too.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
All of those songs were previously released well before the black album. Breadfan was the b-side to the "one" single, blitzkieg and am I evil were on the original garage days ep (not the 1987 ep), and were also bonus tracks on the later re-pressings of kill em all, and crash course in brain surgury was released on the garage days revisited ep. Like mojo4sale said, all of those are cover songs as well. I must admit that I do like their versions of so what and stone cold crazy, both of which were recorded at the same time as the black album, but I still stand by my statement that they have been absolute crap since then.

[edit on 17-8-2006 by outofstep]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
whatever. theyre supposed to come out with a new album in 07. i hope they wont make something like st. anger again.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Im a huge fan. Not really into st. Anger or as obsessive as i used to be, but they have had a huge impact on heavy music and i thank them for it.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I'm an avid Metallica fan, I like and own every album they put out EXCEPT St. Anger. The only thing Metallica about that album is the name on the cover.:shk:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ecidemon
I'm an avid Metallica fan, I like and own every album they put out EXCEPT St. Anger. The only thing Metallica about that album is the name on the cover.:shk:

I completely agree, they should just come out with a "best of" album and get it over with.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
My favourite song is whiskey in the jar from Garage inc , I love it , one of my favourite songs of all time .

Not digging St Anger though , as seems to be the cencus of opinion here.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
ever see the video: cliff 'em all ??

dedicated to cliff burton, their first bassist (and best)
was on :: kill em all,no life till leather,ride the lightning, and master of puppets,
and garage days rerevisited .....he was awesome!!!

anyways,, on this "cliff em all" video, mr. james hetfield says
:we're not gonna SELL OUT to the big "major labels" record companies:

and i've noticed, (after being a die hard long time fan) that yes indeedee,
that is exactly what they have done,

i noticed the difference since the black album,
and they seemed to just suck ass after that.....

with the exception of a FEW good songs (2x4, ronnie,....maybe 2-3 more)

they used to not care what the record companies said.
and used to play for the fun of it (for the people)

now again, they "suck ass" and are kissing the record co's butts,
and bans downloads,, and since they do it like the record company wants,
it is pretty much (( not their music anymore))
its how theyre TOLD it sounds good.....by someone NOT IN THE BAND!!

and justice for all, (excellent album) displays the team,
starting with a new bassist, "jason newstead".........he's good too,
but in this album it sounds like they are teaching him (starting over again)

instead of picking up on where they left off with clifford

if cliff were still here they still would say F*@* the record co's,,
and their music would still be some hard core, kick ass, knock down, drag out,
killer #... alas, i personally feel their band died with cliff..

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeah right
ever see the video: cliff 'em all ??

dedicated to cliff burton, their first bassist (and best)
was on :: kill em all,no life till leather,ride the lightning, and master of puppets,
and garage days rerevisited .....he was awesome!!!

anyways,, on this "cliff em all" video, mr. james hetfield says
:we're not gonna SELL OUT to the big "major labels" record companies:

and i've noticed, (after being a die hard long time fan) that yes indeedee,
that is exactly what they have done,

i noticed the difference since the black album,
and they seemed to just suck ass after that.....

with the exception of a FEW good songs (2x4, ronnie,....maybe 2-3 more)

they used to not care what the record companies said.
and used to play for the fun of it (for the people)

now again, they "suck ass" and are kissing the record co's butts,
and bans downloads,, and since they do it like the record company wants,
it is pretty much (( not their music anymore))
its how theyre TOLD it sounds good.....by someone NOT IN THE BAND!!

and justice for all, (excellent album) displays the team,
starting with a new bassist, "jason newstead".........he's good too,
but in this album it sounds like they are teaching him (starting over again)

instead of picking up on where they left off with clifford

if cliff were still here they still would say F*@* the record co's,,
and their music would still be some hard core, kick ass, knock down, drag out,
killer #... alas, i personally feel their band died with cliff..

omg rock on mang, you couldn't have said it any better!!!!!!!

i own 'cliff 'em all' and it totally rocks... i would love to have seen them back in the day... i would've also went to see them on the AJFA tour if i had the chance... but now, LMGDFAO, i say Kill 'Em All!!! and let Cliff sort 'em out... lol... focking sell-outs... ack...

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
My favorite album is Load... Love it!

And not a major fan of St. Anger either.. A few good songs on it, but Hettfield isnt one with the music like he ususally is, and their new drums sounds like crap.. O_o

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by buckaroo
My favourite song is whiskey in the jar from Garage inc , I love it , one of my favourite songs of all time .

Not digging St Anger though , as seems to be the cencus of opinion here.

Amen to that brother!! That song is the bomb! My first Metallica album i bought was St Anger and i thought there was a good song or two on there, can't remember the name now but it was good. And then my friend showed me Master Of Puppets,

and i collapsed it was so good

My favorite album is Load... Love it!

And not a major fan of St. Anger either.. A few good songs on it, but Hettfield isnt one with the music like he ususally is, and their new drums sounds like crap.. O_o

Yeah i thought their drums sounded a but weird too, my drummer friend said that they were in tune and all but there was something very different about them

\m/ METALLICA \m/

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I like it but only first four albums

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I bought ...And Justice For All when I was 9. I was the coolest kid in my class. From there, I bought their older albums and became a full fledged fan by the time I was 10. And when the Black album came out, I picked up a guitar and learned Enter Sandman.

As a teen, after the release of the Live Sh!t:Binge & Purge box set, my friends and I would play nothing but Metallica tunes in my friend's basement. We were the sh!t back then. Those were wasted days of my youth.

I was totally disappointed when Load came out. To me, it sounded more like alternative rock crap than hard, fast, heavy metal. I haven't bought their albums since and I downloaded all their older material onto my comp.

But yeah, I'm still an old school fan.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by diggerdan

I was totally disappointed when Load came out. To me, it sounded more like alternative rock crap than hard, fast, heavy metal. I haven't bought their albums since and I downloaded all their older material onto my comp.

strange, i thought load was quite a good album. I really didnt enjoy reloaded at all thought. I thought it was just a bit of a money grabber

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Did Larse Oric ever say a quote about being a "nice guy"? If not, I'm check out myself and find out.

new topics

top topics

join