It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS THIS what the world outside of ATS is like???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
break.com...

these are world questions that children probably no

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
favorit quotes
who landed on the moon..."john clinton"?
other person said"some people dont believe that happen, they thing is was "reincarnated "in arizona....(wth)

how many kidneys some a person have?"one"
which state does KFC come from?"I dont know, i really dont know"
how many eiffel towers are there?"about ten"

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
IMO you could go to any country in the world and make a video just like that.
Americans are just more fun to pick on.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Dude that is the funniest thing I've seen all day.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
ya. but i mean seriously. is obvious they edited out the smart people.or purposely picked out the people that didnt look as smart......but some of the questions are obvious.

ps. on of them was a trick KFC was actually founded in salt lake city

[edit on 2-8-2006 by DalairTheGreat]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Well that's what vox pops are all about. Getting the responses you want. That could be 1% of the entire video and the others all get the answers right. Gives me an idea.

[edit on 2/8/06 by Yossarian]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well a few days ago an American guy asked my cousin from Holland if they have internet there. And when I was living in Holland (The Netherlands officially)
the used to ask me if we were living in huts. And another person at a jobcenter wanted to register a good friend of mine as having the Arubian nationality (which doesn't exist).

And we can go on and on... Most people in Aruba have probably never heard of Uzbekistan and vice-versa.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yossarian
Well that's what vox pops are all about. Getting the responses you want. That could be 1% of the entire video and the others all get the answers right.

Just like 20/20, Dateline and the other so called news shows, except instead of getting the answers right, it is getting the correct spin.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Jay Leno has a feature on his show (I think they do it weekly) called Jaywalking, in which he walks around and asks people at certain location a bunch of questions. It's not very exciting or very funny when people get the answers right, so clearly they pick people who look they won't know anything, and only air the really stupid things.

Admittedly I find the skit hysterical, but sometimes it does bother me how someone could be that stupid, like a girl who when asked to name a few states included Philadelphia and Chicago or something to that effect. I mean, that is just sad...

[edit on 8-2-2006 by Djarums]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
lol, to finish your quote on KFC

"where does KFC come from?"
"The chicken? haha, I don't even know, I don't know."
"Do you know what KFC stands for?"
"Yeah, Kentucky Fried Chicken."

HAHAHA, Kentucky fried chicken hmmmm I wonder where it comes from....

Yeah that is a VERY accurate assumption of American intelligence on the world around them. I work at a apartment slash retirement home, I just chill at the desk and make conversation with everyone that walk on in. I normally am talking to middle aged men or women who seem to like to talk about what ever is on the big TV, which I always have on the news.

I have been told so many absurd things about the wars and politics I try so hard not to laugh, just stare... nod... smile... pretend like I have paper work to do... I remember a few nights ago some guy was telling me the Arab Israelis where murdering the innocent Jewish Palestinians in Lebanon with their "suicide missiles n such n tanks n guns n such" not to mention when Bush said sh#$% on TV one lady was sooo livid mad at Mr. Bush for "Speaking in such a foul manor to the king of England" .... glad Blair got a promotion.

One old guy swore that Israel has been fighting for 2 million years against the Muslims, I told him surly that is not possible, maybe a few thousand apparently I was wrong...

My favorite though was a middle aged women who said "If Bush was smart enough he wouldn't cause so many problems in the Middle East, they won't be voting for him next time he runs for president." .................. Is this video showing the people who answer right.. no.. but can we assume that our populace is a bunch of ignorant fools regarding the world around them even if they claim to watch the news? Yeah, I think so.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DalairTheGreat
ps. on of them was a trick KFC was actually founded in salt lake city

Whaaaaat? Sorry, "Colonel" Harlan Sanders started Kentucky Fried Chicken in Corbin, Kentucky. KFC is now owned by Yum! Brands, Inc.

Not sure where you're getting Salt Lake City from.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Good Vid. even if they picked out the worst videos its still shocking too see how so many people are ignorant of issues within tne world

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
Good Vid. even if they picked out the worst videos its still shocking too see how so many people are ignorant of issues within tne world

I totally agree,it's sad while strangly funny at the same time.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
And we can go on and on... Most people in Aruba have probably never heard of Uzbekistan and vice-versa.

Most people in europe didnt realise that we Germans know how to party and have fun before the world cup.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   
You could get the same results in any other country? I really don't know about that. Perhaps they are targeting certain people, but down here the general populace just seems to be not smarter, but a lot better informed, if you will. I can't really put my finger on it, but yeah . . .

And talking about down here, here's another movie by the same guy (it sounds like - he's got an aussie accent, right? I cant tell. I'm judging from the fact that he sounds normal to me): video.google.com...

(MUST WATCH!)

"North Korea's a lot larger than South Korea! I didn't know it was that large!"

new topics

top topics

join