It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

...How much do Astronauts get paid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
i mean they train half there lives. an go to space, nasa spend billions in the space program. how much do the workers make.
and how much does that lady that talks through all the transmissions. she talks for like an hour straight,i better get paid good money cause my jaw starts to hurt affter 15 minutes of speach

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DalairTheGreat
i mean they train half there lives. an go to space, nasa spend billions in the space program. how much do the workers make.
and how much does that lady that talks through all the transmissions. she talks for like an hour straight,i better get paid good money cause my jaw starts to hurt affter 15 minutes of speach

According to the most recent data supplied by NASA, pay rates depend upon an astronaut's role in the mission. Some aren't paid at all by NASA, but rather by the universities or research labs they work for. Other astronauts are paid by their military or government service rating.

The only thing they have in common is that they're all paid in quatloos.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Don't know what the military astronauts are paid, but found this for the civilian ones. They don't get paid as much as I thought for sure.

source

PAY AND BENEFITS
Salaries for selected civilian astronaut candidates are based on the Federal Government's General Schedule pay scales for grades GS-11 through GS-14 (approximately $43,000 to $93,000), and are set in accordance with each individual's academic achievements and experience. Other benefits include vacation and sick leave, a retirement plan, and participation in health and life insurance plans.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
This is what I found, hope it helps:

How much do astronauts get paid?

As I understand it, they are Civil Servants on the government pay scale and get paid exactly as much as any other 'GS-level' worker at the same pay scale.

They probably fill out the same 'travel forms' that other government workers do, and are paid about $100.00 per day when on the ground and traveling between their home institution and some other venue.

They are not paid by the mile traveled, because 1) they are not using their own private cars and 2) they are traveling using government-supplied equipment.

I think their pay scale places them somewhere in the $70,000 to $120,000 per year bracket.

www.astronomycafe.net

[edit on 2-8-2006 by pARADISE]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
add a couple more thousand to the payroll for the non disclosure of ufos in their job title.

new topics

top topics

join