It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting South Louisiana 1973

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I was coming home from the library when I saw a globe of light shoot upwards. AT first I thought that it was a meterite on the distant horizon. It was very puzzling. When I got at my grandfathers house where we were staying my brother and all the neighbors claimed they saw a circular aircraft with a light that was revolving at the bottom. It seemed the outer rim would revolve and the middle was stationary. Several strange objects had been seen in the area around microway towers and there was a tower near the house. Everyone at the house including the neighbors saw it. I wanted to go look but couldn't find the my camera. It seemed the object I saw was the same object they had seen and they described the tradjectory. In the morning, I was working between semesters, up in the sky at about 10° from the vertical there was a luminous jagged blue line that looked like the trajectory of a dust particle in a paper on Brownian motion. These lines were very very high probably in the stratosphere. On returning home the lines had dissapated to a green haze. The Daily newpaper in Lafayette said that we were seeing a missile that was launched in Florida at NASA. That explanation was even more incredible than what we had witnessed. I have never been able to see from South Louisiana any launches from NASA in Florida. Think about it and the distance. I have never seen anything like that again.

Thanks
The Acadian

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
If someone is interested you can read Lafayettes Daily Adviertisors papers from 1973. Also this area is close to the Atchafalaya Basin which is huge and dense with remote areas that even with the advent of modern ATVs and boats some places are rarely visited. There were 5 people at my house and one person at an other household it flew, floated, or what ever over him. The paper had been reporting activity at MicroWave communication towers that have since been replaced and taken down.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
There was a lot of UFO activity in that area around then. You're lucky you didn't get abducted like Hickson and Parker did in Pascagoula, Miss.:

www.unexplainable.net...

One of the most credible abduction stories ever recorded.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Yes I guess so. I have talked to retired Air Force veterans who said that the color changes from Bright Blue almost white blue in the morning before the rim of the sun broke the horizon degrading to a greenish haze in the afternoon was due to the cooling of the exhaust gases they claimed. Also I worked in the Atchafalaya Basin on the East side and where the sighting was was just outside the Western Protection Levee and was not visible 20 miles away East. Yet when I returned home I saw the green haze way high in the sky so that definely discounts the newspaper that this was a test from NASA in Florida. I waited til I am semi-retired to make this known for obvious reasons. I have never seen anything like that before or since. So I know that there is something people are seeing. What the nature is I just can't say. I saw the object as it was quickly ascending. You should have seen my brother and the neighbors eyes. Collective hallucination? I think not.

new topics

top topics

join