It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skunkworks reveals secret UAV

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
In the first picture the OP gave, it looks very much like the german experamental Gotha fighter (GO 229)

GSA

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
You have voted intelgurl for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

She is bloody awesome, and we should all be very very grateful for her continued kindness in sharing some really really awesome knowledge and sources.

Oh and I agree that looks like a fast mover, but cast your eyes to the piccie on the right, seems like a pumpkin seed shaped craft floating over a city in the night.....

IntelGurl you are, in the words of my counter strike playing husband...

' Totaly W00T with L337 sk1llz!'

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
(just had to brag)

Bragging is okay once in a while
. Its good to let the sheeple know that once in a while there are those in here that do know what they are talking about. First Time I met Scott was at Trenton AFB in Ontario.. first place they revealed the stealth to the public. [yeah Canada got to see it first
], then I after several moves I ended up here and found he was instructor at Nellis.. small world sometimes. The other time I happened to be at a public release was at Alameda.. when they declassified the Sea Shadow. Got some nice pics that day

Hmmm truth in Avatars... who woulda thought?

Thanks for the links, I will add them to my list. So ummmm any secret ones? Its okay you can tell me... no one pays attention in here

Just for kicks... in Cheyene Mountain there is a door to a broom closet that has a designation on it SG-1....

Never did open it actually.....

[edit on 24-7-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Ok, that's just showing off now.
Lucky. I'd give my right arm for a flight in an F-15 or F-16. The closest I got was an engine run in the back seat of an F-15D.

Right arm? Hmmmm now what would I do with that.... well you can always book a flight on a Russian Mig. Almost as good.
Or ya could sign up but errr says no recruiting here

FLY A MIG

[edit on 24-7-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Intelgurl - I think that the zoomed in picture you posted is the Nighthawk.

Heres another picture of the new skunkworks UAV.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Murcielago]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Nighthawk?!? You mean the F-117?
the pic on the wall that Intelgirl blew up doesn't look like any stealth fighter I've ever seen.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jewish_hammer
In the first picture the OP gave, it looks very much like the german experamental Gotha fighter (GO 229)

The Janes article specifically states that it was based on the GO229/HOXIV.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nanobyte
Nighthawk?!? You mean the F-117?
the pic on the wall that Intelgirl blew up doesn't look like any stealth fighter I've ever seen.

...just a guess.
I dont think you should expect to see a poster of a black aircraft...behind a recently black aircraft.

I think the F-117 matches up pretty close.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The fuselage looks different to me. Longer and skinnier than the F-117. It looks like someting designed to be super fast.

GSA

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Looks like a militarised version of their l-2000 project from years back - just painted black !

What ever it is, theres no way that pictures of an F-117 as the shapes all wrong in it. i am still interested to see if any one can get a better image of the picture on the right of the pole cat though, the dark blue pic with the pumpkin seed shaped craft.

Dew

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
new pic with gear-up.....

click for larger!

looks like a still from a video - who's got the tape

[edit on 25/7/06 by Dew]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Nice pics everyone.

I dont think there is much point in getting excited about the posters on the walls. Firstly I dont think Lockheed would be that stupid, secondly they just look like concept artwork to me, not photos of black aircraft.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by gfad
Nice pics everyone.

I dont think there is much point in getting excited about the posters on the walls. Firstly I dont think Lockheed would be that stupid, secondly they just look like concept artwork to me, not photos of black aircraft.

That's just mean...

You're taking the fun out of guessing, wishing or sleuthing to find out more...

GSA

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Nick cook - Hunt for zero point.

When he was given the rare as hens teeth privilege of getting inside the skunk works for an interview, saw on the wall an image of all the aircraft lockheed had ever made - On it was one he recognised - a project called kingFisher.

Read his book as its in there for you to read - they still will not answer questions about it today, and this was a project designed around the Blackbirds time... If they have it on the walls as art work at the skunk works, who is to say that this is not one mistake done very unintentionaly?

GO GO IntelGurl!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
OK intelgurl if I have to play along heres what I found that could conceivably be the aircraft in the image. I found it here and apparently its a concept for a supersonic recon plane. It doesnt mention where it got the image from or what era it was designed in but it does bear an uncanny resemblance dont you think?

Oh and I remember seeing a program once that mentioned a competitor to the A-12 in the development stage that was called something like the Kingflyer or something along those lines. I think it was rockwell or north american but I havnt been able to find anything on the internet about it. Does anyone know more?

[edit on 25/7/06 by gfad]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GSA
Nick cook - Hunt for zero point.

When he was given the rare as hens teeth privilege of getting inside the skunk works for an interview, saw on the wall an image of all the aircraft lockheed had ever made - On it was one he recognised - a project called kingFisher.

Read his book as its in there for you to read - they still will not answer questions about it today, and this was a project designed around the Blackbirds time... If they have it on the walls as art work at the skunk works, who is to say that this is not one mistake done very unintentionaly?

GO GO IntelGurl!!!

Right I've found it ... when the CIA decided to develop a high speed recon craft they asked Lockheed and Convair to design concepts. Lockheed came up with the A-12 (or SR-71 I always get the timescale mixed up!) and Convair came up with the Kingfish. Apparently the Convair design was preferred but in the end Lockheed won.

Heres the info on the Kingfish. No wonder Lockheed wouldnt comment on it ... they didnt make it!!

And heres a bit more info. This is a very interesting detailed article on the entire history of the OXCART project including the competition between Lockheed and Convair. Apparently this is a CIA document declassified in October '94.

Check out this Russian site on the Kingfish which features a diagram and several pictures of the Kingfish prototype apparently in RCS evalutation.

GSA

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the link gfad but thats not the kingfish design i was talking about - I know you will laugh but thats so different its almost a totaly seperate aircraft - The one i was thinking about was....hell give me five minutes and ill dig up the piccies from the book and post them. totaly different to what you have.

Great piccies by the way, thank you!

img124.imageshack.us...

heres what i thought the KingFisher looked like... and maybe its an insider joke if its on lockheed art work??!!

[edit on 25/7/06 by GSA]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
[
Right I've found it ... when the CIA decided to develop a high speed recon craft they asked Lockheed and Convair to design concepts. Lockheed came up with the A-12 (or SR-71 I always get the timescale mixed up!) and Convair came up with the Kingfish. Apparently the Convair design was preferred but in the end Lockheed won.

Heres the info on the Kingfish. No wonder Lockheed wouldnt comment on it ... they didnt make it!!

And heres a bit more info. This is a very interesting detailed article on the entire history of the OXCART project including the competition between Lockheed and Convair. Apparently this is a CIA document declassified in October '94.

Check out this Russian site on the Kingfish which features a diagram and several pictures of the Kingfish prototype apparently in RCS evalutation.

The first link shows the FISH design and the Russian web site link(3rd link) shows the KINGFISH design

GSA

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
That so is a different aircraft to the one in the wind tunnel model shown by Nick Cook. thats really freaky - almost seems like two seperate projects -

The one in my pic has no dorsal intake, just a under belly intake, and has a rounded hypersonic nose not a needle nose....

They look far far apart from each other in design needs - awesome pics though, thanks.

Nick Cook at Janes didn't know this or are there two kingfish /kingfisher projects / designs?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GSA
Thanks for the link gfad but thats not the kingfish design i was talking about - I know you will laugh but thats so different its almost a totaly seperate aircraft - The one i was thinking about was....hell give me five minutes and ill dig up the piccies from the book and post them. totaly different to what you have.

That photo is identical to the 3rd picture in my first link. Thats the Fish aircraft not the Kingfish (as pointed out by ajsr71). The Fish was a Mach 4 parasite plane that would have been launched from a B-58B, unfortunately when the AF cancelled the B-58B project the Fish got killed too, this led Convair to develop the Kingfish which could take-off by itself but was essentially a different plane.

I think either the author of your book GSA has either got mixed up with his information or is just talking crap!

ajsr71, I only realised after I had posted
. That second link really is an interesting read tho if you have the time!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join