It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights/UFO's? over Lake Erie seen off my balcony. Took video's

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Hello fellow UFO enthusiasts!
I've never posted on this board before, but like thousand's (heck, who knows, maybe millions! lol) out there, I've been a lurker here for some time now. Anyway, I hope you don't mind me posting this message about something I saw over my balcony on June 22 of this year.... So here goes....

media.putfile.com...
Could someone please view the above video and tell me if you think those lights that come in at the beginning and then toward the end are anything special???

I took this video off my balcony that overlooks Lake Erie. I'm up on the Penthouse level of a 22 story high-rise.
Also, here's a short video of what the view off my balcony looks like when it's still light out. I'm just posting this for anyone to use as a reference.
media.putfile.com...

Here's some background information on this video (the first one):

I had seen a strange stationary cluster of lights of various colors flickering out there over the lake and decided to take a movie of it -- but by the time I got back to the balcony with my digital camera (that also makes short movies), that cluster of flickering lights were no longer there.

Nevertheless, I went ahead and directed my camera to that same area over the lake where I saw that cluster of flashing lights and made a short movie anyway.
Well, as it turns out, on playback, I saw lights zipping around in the movie, yet when I was making it, nothing could be seen out there at all -- it was completely black. (should add that there was a dense overcast that night and no stars or the moon for that matter could be seen anyway up there -- it was hazy out there too. I took this movie at 10:30 PM on July 22)

I should add that I brightened up this movie a bit and slowed it down a little in Unlead 8 movie editor.

And finally, I also want to say that last year, me, along with 3 others who were with me, saw a huge, low flying, silent, Triangle UFO nearby over the lake. So since that time, whenever I'm in the mood for it, I've been taking movies off my balcony to see if anything shows up. I also live just down the road from a nuclear powerplant -- we get unusual sightings/lights in this area all the time over the lake. Just google Eastlake, Ohio and read up on all of the unusual sigthings that have occurred in this area for many years now.

And one more thing. I'm a believer. Last year around Thanksgiving, me along with 3 others saw a large triangular shaped UFO with flashing lights where there was also another one seen off far into the distance. It looked as real as anything out there yet it was completed silent. We saw it moving slowly across the sky where it then hovered for what seemed an eternity -- and speeding off where a few minutes later, 2 military jets thundered across the sky in the same direction.

Sorry for the hodge-podgy message on all of this and thanks for your patience.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Palasheea]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
www.ufoevidence.org...

The above link describes one well known UFO sighting that occurred in my area in 1988.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The images below are screenshots from the video. The first two are those lights that come in at the beginning of the movie.
The last two images are those lights seen towards the end of the movie.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
To blurry to make anything out.
It looks like your moving the camera and causing it.
Wish the clip was better.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Thanks for your feedback Sandman!
I know that I tried hard to hold the camera steady and direct it at that same area where I first saw that cluster of flashing lights over the lake, that had since disappeared by the time I got back onto the balcony with my camera.
As for the end of the movie where those lights reappear, yes, just as they appeared, a split second later I was panning the camera to the right as I was backing up into through the sliding door and into my condo.
What I found interesting about all of this was that it was pitch black out there -- there was a strong overcast where nothing was seen in the night sky (no stars, moon or anything) while I was making that movie.
And, I thought it was so strange to see these lights in my movie on playback because of that.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Sounds like a firecracker or gunshot in the beginning of the video before it show that whatever that thing was.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Sounds like a firecracker or gunshot in the beginning of the video before it show that whatever that thing was.

Well, I can't expect anyone to believe this, but those sounds you are describing were not heard at the time when I made the movie and only heard on playback.

I didn't even what to go into that part of what's so wierd about this movie ... lol.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
On the second video, the one with only the view of lake and the surroundings, it looks like your camera reacts badly to the change of light. Did you use the same camera on the first video?

On the first video the image looks "washed out", did you make any alterations of the video, like changing brightness and/or contrast?

The spot seen near the low right corner is always present, like a burned out pixel in a LCD screen?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
On the second video, the one with only the view of lake and the surroundings, it looks like your camera reacts badly to the change of light. Did you use the same camera on the first video?

On the first video the image looks "washed out", did you make any alterations of the video, like changing brightness and/or contrast?

The spot seen near the low right corner is always present, like a burned out pixel in a LCD screen?

Yes, what do they call those burned out pixel's digital "hot pixel's" or something like that?
I used the same camera and it's the only one I have right now available. Nevertheless, I'm still planning on taking movies with it until someday when I can purchase a good videocam. I'm putting my son through college now and I've too many other expenses at this present time on a limited budget.
So for now I just have to make do with what I have.
But I'm seeing a lot of activity over the lake late at night and I won't hesitate to use what I have now -- a cheap digital camera to be able to capture what I see out there.
Also, if you read over my first post -- I said that I brightened up the video and I also slowed it down a bit in Ulead 8 movie editor.
But I've also got those screenshots from the movie in another post in this thread for anyone to view.
I admit that this video is not by any means impressive. And you just have to take my word for it that nothing was seen out there at the time when I made this short movie. And even though none of you were there, -- I was there, and I know what happened.
lol, bet all of you have heard that one before!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
i don´t believe a single word you are writing.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoeon
i don´t believe a single word you are writing.

Lol, and I don't expect you too! I wouldn't believe it either if it didn't happen to me!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
sometimes ufo's cant be seen unless using a video camera...that could be the reason you couldnt see anything but the camera still could. but i still believe you...although the first video u cant see anything i guess it was the fog? i see ufo's most of the time when im not even looking for them... theres no reason for me not to believe u lol

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
www.ufoevidence.org...

The above link describes one well known UFO sighting that occurred in my area in 1988.

PS -- in my first post I just want to make a typo correction -- the movie was made on June 22 and 10:30PM (not July 22)

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthIsOutThere2012
sometimes ufo's cant be seen unless using a video camera...that could be the reason you couldnt see anything but the camera still could. but i still believe you...although the first video u cant see anything i guess it was the fog? i see ufo's most of the time when im not even looking for them... theres no reason for me not to believe u lol

Thanks but as I said before, I'm not concerned that anyone believes me or not. lol but it's nice that you do!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hello Palasheea, and welcome to ATS.

I also agree that it sounds like firecrackers going off in the background, and the lights look like bottle rockets to me.

But it looks like you've got a good spot to take some video. I would definitely invest in a tripod.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
They're just fireworks. Theyre those squirmy wons that fire off and wiggle through the sky.

Notice how you onlysee them during the fireworks exploding?

Just fireworks

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It's not firecrackers, it is sounds from his crappy camera, when he moves it in his hands!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
and yet as he moves it, the screen ironically brightens, when the firework sound is made, and immediately following you see...a fire..work...object in the sky?

suuuuuuuuuuuure.

Come on, its a firework, watch it. Its a sheer coincidence that the sky lights up where the objects are, during the fireworks like sound, and then a firework looking object?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Thanks for your feedback Hal! I'm looking forward to purchasing the equipment that I need and I'm saving up for it now. I also want to buy a good pair of binoculars or maybe even a telescope!
I'm one of those people who are out there late at night and into the wee hours of the morning watching the sky as there's always so much to see on a good clear night, even with one's naked eye!
I even sleep out on my balcony at night when the weather permits it.
But back to what I was saying before -- there were no light's or firecrackers out there on June 22 at 10:30 PM at night.
The sky was as black as could be with a dense overcast and yes, it was hazy out there too. There was not a star or a moon to be seen and it was so quiet out there, the only thing you could hear was the wind blowing off the lake -- and it was windy that night too.
But thanks all for allowing me to share all of this with you -- everybody's been great with the feedback and I really appreciative of that! Thanks again!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Thats just what you want it to be WolfofWar.
People don't want to believe in ET-UFO's so they just try explaining it away and live happy.
I'm not shure what it is yet, but I have an open mind and it could be anything.

EDIT: Ok, it sounded a little too much like fireworks, sorry...

Hmm, now I don't understand what Palasheea is doing on this forum at all..

(I shouldn't post when I'm sleepy anymore)

[edit on 2006/7/17 by TrappedSoul]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join