It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If, dragons are alive today, where would we find them?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Just wondering, since theres many theories about the Earth being hollow or sumthing.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I dont know where they would hide... Ive heard or read rumors of somthing large and reptillion living in the rain forests.. Google it and see what you come up with... I do believe dragons lived in our not so distant past... Too many tales of knights fighting dragons.... The book of Job describes what i would call a dragon and the book of 5 rings by miamoto musashi (sp) written in the 1600's says he killed a dragon with his sword which must have been some feat...

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
In an effort to satiate your wonderment ...

Discussions of Dragons on ATS

Hope this helps.

? Any questions or concerns Please feel free to u2u

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
12m8keall2c I love that avatar...Those clouds are awesome....
Sorry about the one line post...

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I personally think that dragons did exsist and they were all moved purposly to somewhere that no one would find them to live like an island to keep them from being hunted and the only few people who knew of these are now possibly dead.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It is possible that they could exist in a parallel universe and at one time visited our universe, maybe on purpose or on accident, then returned to their universe. but there isn't much to back that up. The belief in dragons seems to be more religious than anything. there seems to be only historical sources to back up the existance of dragons. There is more evidence of bigfoot than there is of dragons. There really is no way to tell if dragons really existed. Though there are those people who will sware to everything that dragons did exist and still exist, and they will even say that "if you truly believe in them, they will show themselves to you", at that point, it's basically a religion.
I believe there could be dragons, but i'm not saying there are. And if they do exist, and you find one, you probably won't live to tell about it.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Ever seen The Cave, or The Descent?

The Cave was a movie that featured a dragon creature, in a deep underground cave nobody had ever been to before, you had to go underwater to get to it, and there were tales of Dragon Slayers from the same area, just a movie, but they could exist deep underground some ware.

The Descent was about a team visiting an unexplored cave in a deep forest, turned out to be infested with some kind of human/imp creatures that ate animals and humans.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
i reckon maybe they could live in high up mountains cuz i remember some story about a pilot who reported seing flying serpent like creatures flying around some mountain lol its probaly an internet hoax though lol

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Here’s a site were a guy is obsessed with dragons and the lebonese(just ignore the video at the top, im not sure what he is trying to say with it) but later down the page he talks about all these different photos, some I’m sure are photoshopped but others maybe aren’t. And some have already been proven as something else so …… yup.

www.anzwers.org...

and heres a site but its really not that helpful

trojan.sfcc.pvt.k12.wv.us...

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The Galapagos Islands have plenty of dragons

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
In reality I doubt that dragons ever existed physically. To answer your question,'where would we find them?' is blindingly obvious... Nowhere!
It is an endearing thought that these creatures exist in remote plateaus of dense jungle or as yet undiscovered caverns in various remotely populated regions of the world but I doubt it!
Ancient cultures embraced the symbolism of these fire breathing winged repitles with a certainty of a genuine belief in their existence in the same way as fairies, pixies, etc. Dragons are folklore and I'm not holding my breath for a fluke sighting of one on a future expedition by cryptozoologists.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I doubt there are any dragons around today ,But since the dragon is featured a lot in chinese history ,I would suggest they would reside in the Chinese region of the world.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Perhaps they were some sort of collective entity, that was being fueled by imagination and belief in them. Then what would happen if people didn't believe in them anymore? They would cease to be.... So in reality, Dragons were figments of the wildly imaginative, and when they stopped believing, the dragons stopped existing...

Or then again, maybe that idea is what prompted M. Night Shamaylan to make 'Lady in the Water'...

*shrug* Not real. Anything THAT big, and with the ability to fly, could not exist in the modern day without SOME evidence of their current existance.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I don't think the dragons mentioned in folk lore, fairytales etc ever existed but if you take away the wings and the fire breathing then you basically have a dinosaur so you would probably be better off asking If Dinosaurs are alive today where would we find them? because there is a least a remote possibilty that dinosaurs are alive somewhere today.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
If your looking where to find one try looking anywhere. Dragons appear in every culture including the Chinese.. And the Japanese…and Koreans…Native Americans too... Hmm I’m seeing a pattern.. English, Africans, Australians, and everyone else too. To me they had to have been real, and maybe still are or maybe extinct. It’s kinda like the great flood story from the bible appearing in so many different cultures belief, the masses can’t all be wrong. In my opinion if so many people have stories or drawings of these creatures and they didn’t have any communication between each other then where did they get the idea, they couldn’t have all made up the same thing or at least basically the same thing, without some sort of influence.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
If you don’t believe me about the appearance in every culture take a look at a couple of these sites.

This one talks about a dragon called the water spirit in a South African culture

www.zambezi.com...

this one talks about dragons in ancient china

www.chinapage.com...

Here’s a wiki of Japanese dragons

en.wikipedia.org...

Here’s a wiki of European dragons

en.wikipedia.org...

Here’s one of dragons in the Americas

sommerland.org...

Here’s one in Australian culture (but it does say that they got it from a small lizard, at the bottom)

library.thinkquest.org...

dragons in Greece

www.theserenedragon.net...

okay so you get my point.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Well, I firmly belive in dragons, so I would think that they would live high up in mountains and cliffs where they would not be seen. Or maybe in sea caves.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I believe in dragons too, and if they are extinct on this planet, they maybe they live on another one out there somewhere in our universe. The question should be asked though: intelligent or not? In some societies dragons were intelligent, in others they were the evil demons (Christians have historically hated anything that was different such as dragons) so if they ARE intelligent they would have found ways to hide themselves by oh 20,000 years ago...... I still think it would be neet to see one, that way I could get facts straight as to what they are and the like. However by now they could be extinct if they ever did live at one time.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
i also believe in dragons i am a dragonologist

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Dragons are certainly curious, as are unicorns. These two beasts are treated as a real animal by a huge variety of cultures that were separated by vast distances...

I like to think that at one time there were such creatures as dragons. My personal thought is that there were two distinct types of dragons, which often got mixed in the lore. Perhaps they were the last remnants of their kind (thus rare, and made extinct before the modern age). My idea is that there was a large flying reptile and a large land reptile species that held on...and that the two ideas got merged as stories were told. I doubt they breathed fire of course, but a large reptile's breath was probably pretty warm, and was exaggerated in tales perhaps...and perhaps they spit venom.

If they were around today, it'd have to be remote areas, with large amounts of game, or long periods of hibernation. The desert is a good place, as are remote mountains...and deep jungles, but I doubt any are around anymore, or we would have likely found one by now. But, who knows, we're always finding things we thought were extinct....

<<   2 >>

join