It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it...time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
In 1789, the French people, after witnessing the success of the American colonists, began their revolution. They wanted peace(ironically, they used fear and terror to promote it), freedom, basically everything anybody wants. Everything any person on this earth deserves.

"... whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

... all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations ... design(s) to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

That's a part of the Declaration of Independence. If you live in America, you should know that. It is my sad duty to report, however, that most of America's citizens do not know that fact, and would probably have a hard time saying what article that section is from. But the words that are quoted in this post are for a purpose. America's founding fathers put this in their Declaration of Independence because they knew that sometimes a revolution is the only thing that can help. They put it out there for the future generations to read if a time were to come when the government had gotten out of hand.

I don't know your political stance. If you're happy with your life and your possessions and your lack of freedom, then this message is not for you. But for the other young and old people out there that are tired of being depressed everytime they watch the news, I'm asking a simple question: Has the time come? Is it now that a revolution needs to be had?

Whatever you believe about 9/11 or Iraq or the subtle police state tendencies we've been forced into for 'security', you have to admit that things aren't looking to good. I love my country, and I would die for it today to see it succeed. I am willing to fight for freedom for me, for you, for everyone we know. Are you? This is not a call to overthrow the Republican government that rules over us. Okay, let me respeak. This is not just a call to overthrow the Republicans, but everything. I speak not of anarchy. Anarchy would hurt us more than the totalitarian order we live under now. Don't you want to know? Are you okay living with misguided stories around every corner, under an umbrella shielding out the truth?

There is the power to succeed, if you want it enough.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Hey!!!!

Some people LIKE the current situation. My family income and my personal wealth have increased under Bush.

I support the status quo.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
My family income and my personal wealth have increased under Bush.

And that's all that really matters isn't it? That's why the revolution will never occur. God forbid they lose all of their percious "stuff".

Vas

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
Hey!!!!

Some people LIKE the current situation. My family income and my personal wealth have increased under Bush.

I support the status quo.

It is very-short sighted to connect the President to your short-term income gains, unless of course you and he are buddies and he made a sweetheart deal that increased large shares of stocks for you. Most of economic success lies in the business sector and what people believe. They put faith in the government and business does well or not because people don't think they could grow an economy without government policies to make or break it.

By your logic, you would be a Bush hater if you weren't doing well and it would still not be the Presidents fault, but business' fault. Quit believing the lie that the Oval Office is the ones responsible for your fortunes. You would probably had gained something if Kerry won just the same.

If you deny this, then describe what exactly Bush did that gave you financial growth.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Say a revolution does occur, and despite all odds, is successful.

Who do we put in charge?

Most people who would be interested in running the country would be no better than what we have now.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by tebyen
Say a revolution does occur, and despite all odds, is successful.

Who do we put in charge?

Most people who would be interested in running the country would be no better than what we have now.

That's not entirely true. For every Robespierre there is a Washington. That's not to say that the rebuilding of a working government would be easy. It would take years to establish itself. The biggest problem I can foresee as of right now is that, if revolution were to occur, no one would be able to control the military. If other nations realize this, and see how weak and confused the nation is, they will try to overpower us. We need to establish how we can keep our international defense up, but at the same time find a way to weaken our domestic tranquility and take it over.

We need a leader not overtaken with greed, someone who could stand for what the country is supposed to stand for - freedom, justice, and the pursuit of happiness.

new topics

top topics

join