It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianitys Complete Hypocrisy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizar
But just because you are civily married doesnt mean your damed to hell or any of that BS.

Well, thanks. That's good to know.

But now you've changed your argument from a Catholic, procreative, unitive marriage to the man/man, woman/woman argument. Next time you get into this debate, perhaps you'd better start with that one. Although I still don't agree that it makes sense, at least it's a lot harder to argue with.

You think marriage is between a man and woman only. Fine. Then don't marry a man. This is where the argument breaks down for me. Nobody's asking you to marry another man. Why would you prevent someone who feels differently from marrying the person of their choice?

THats old uneducated nun stuff of pre vatican II times... haha.

That's what I think of all the religious dogma that I hear.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
The main message in the bible is don't judge--love one another--be patient--have hope--trust in God. Those that condemn others for anything they don't understand are not reading the book the right way, or maybe not even reading the right book.

It's a good thing I'm already married! I may just fall in love with you!
Then look at the trouble I'd have!

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
well actually I said the nun comment because it was not until about 30 years ago that nuns actually had to go through college for theology.

THey had nuns out there teaching in schools the craziest things about catholisim that isnt true and is not in line with the catholic church. Vaticain II brought the catholic church to the 20th century and clarified many things that were ambigious to most catholics.

thats another story though that I do not have the proper knowldge of church history to explain.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
In reading through the thread, I came across something here that I wanted to clarify.

Originally posted by Mizar
In a Catholic marriage the marriage is reconizied by God and the State however a civil marriage is only reconizied by the State.

You do understand that a Catholic marriage 'contains' a civil marriage, right? It's not that a Catholic marriage is recognized by the state, it's that when people have a Catholic marriage, they have the civil union at the same time. Legal papers are signed.

If you just got married in a Catholic church without the legalities, the church might recognize it, but the State wouldn't .

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
It's a good thing I'm already married! I may just fall in love with you!
Then look at the trouble I'd have!

*blush* ~ Especially since it's not too far from my house to your house!

My honey said you made him jealous!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join