It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hadji Girl Video to be Investigated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Source

(WASHINGTON, D.C., 6/12/06) - The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) today called on the Pentagon and Congress to investigate a music video posted on the Internet that seems to show U.S. Marines cheering a song that glorifies the killing of Iraqi civilians.

The song is about a Marine who is lured by an Iraqi woman to her home. There her family attack him with an AK47. This is the sort of stuff most military people do to blow off steam. It is not about innocent civilians like the media would have you think.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
How about CAIR investigate the songs and groups and organizations cheering the deaths of american soldiers???

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

Source

(WASHINGTON, D.C., 6/12/06) - The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) today called on the Pentagon and Congress to investigate a music video posted on the Internet that seems to show U.S. Marines cheering a song that glorifies the killing of Iraqi civilians.

The song is about a Marine who is lured by an Iraqi woman to her home. There her family attack him with an AK47. This is the sort of stuff most military people do to blow off steam. It is not about innocent civilians like the media would have you think.

The soldier sings about using an 8 year old Iraqi girl as a human sheild and then "laughing menacingly" when she gets shot in the head.

The soldier needs to be dishonorably discharged.

I seen this video posted on AR15.com(which has alot of military members) and I was kind of disgusted by how many people on the forum praised the video. Bunch of immoral savages. We are supposed to be better then Iraqi insurgents, we don't need to stoop to their level.

[edit on 16-6-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImplementOfWar

Originally posted by darkelf

Source

The soldier sings about using an 8 year old Iraqi girl as a human sheild and then "laughing menacingly" when she gets shot in the head.

I seen this video posted on AR15.com(which has alot of military members) and I was kind of disgusted by how many people on the forum praised the video. Bunch of immoral savages. We are supposed to be better then Iraqi insurgents, we don't need to stoop to their level.

[edit on 16-6-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

oh! get over it! it's all in fun....I doubt he really did it! its like in rap music where you hear about murdering and raping people (which is far worse in my opinion)

durkha durkha mohammed Jihad! shirpa shirpa backrala!

[edit on 16-6-2006 by XphilesPhan]

[edit on 16-6-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImplementOfWar

She was an eight year old girl huh?
That's strange because the song doesn't mention the age of this fictitious person, it just says it was her little sister. Way to embellish.

blogcritics

She took me down an old dirt trail
And we pulled up to a side shanty
And she threw open the door
And I hit the floor…
Cuz her brother and her father shot her.

Dirka dirka Muhammed jihad
sherpa sherpa bakala
They pulled out their AKs so I could see
and they said
Dirka dirka Muhammed jihad
sherpa sherpa bakala
so I grabbed her little sister and put her in front of me.

As the bullets began to fly
the blood sprayed from between her eyes
and then I laughed maniacally.
Then I hid behind the TV
and I locked and loaded my M16,
I blew those little #ers to eternity.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   
according to the article i read, the guy actually had no intention of having the song recorded, much less placed on the internet. his friends apparently pushed him in front of the camera (no, there was no gun held to his head to make him sing), and he damn sure wasn't aware of the video reaching the internet. we all do silly stuff, and we all have somewhat twisted thoughts...i can hardly see how this is grounds for such a dramatic reaction. soldiers are put through a tremendous amount of stress, and while that doesn't excuse all of their actions, this is ridiculous. we have real people here in the states who rape and kill young children, and their actions don't get this kind of exposure...the media makes me sick.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Not a bad song at all.
This guy is writing and singing to deal with killing and dying day to day.
He deserves a record contract and a video with Weird Al in it.

I hate this war and the atrocities that are committed in it, but
this is not a situation of that.

If you get your fuse blown over this, look behind you, their must be some religious fanatics and media whores with their hand far up your rear end deep into your thick skull.

Here's the deal for the dumb. In Iraq and other middle eastern countries, if a muslim girl flirts with a man, or Allah forbid has sex with a man of her own free will without the consent of her father.
The Muslims stone her to death, or shoot her. If her father, brother, cousins etc RAPE her its all good in the hood. If she tells anyone and complains...she is put to death.

They carry this craziness to our country too. It was ok for my little Iranian sex kitten to be raped by her uncle and then her cousin, but dating me meant being thrown out of her home.

Learn something about the culture that is whining about songs and cartoons before you take their side.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
Here's the deal for the dumb. In Iraq and other middle eastern countries, if a muslim girl flirts with a man, or Allah forbid has sex with a man of her own free will without the consent of her father.
The Muslims stone her to death, or shoot her. If her father, brother, cousins etc RAPE her its all good in the hood. If she tells anyone and complains...she is put to death.

Don't mean to change the topic, but this is one of many misconceptions about Islam. From the Qu'ran:

"…and do not come near Zina; indeed, it is an abomination and an evil way" (17: 32),
" ...come not nigh to indecent deeds. Whether open or secret;... "(6:151)
"Say: the things that my Lord hath indeed forbidden are: Indecent deeds, whether open or secret; sins and trespasses against truth or reason; assigning of partners to Allah, for which He hath given no authority; and saying things about Allah of which ye have no knowledge. "(7:33)

And as for punishment of said acts, it gets a little more complex. Under Shari'ah Law and under different Madhabs (Schools of Thought), punishment can vary.
Here's a good place for some basics. Click.

They carry this craziness to our country too. It was ok for my little Iranian sex kitten to be raped by her uncle and then her cousin, but dating me meant being thrown out of her home.

Huh?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
what we consider indecent and 'they' consider indecent could be two entirely different things, as evidenced by the basic freedoms we allow women. your quotes prove nothing.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 25cents
what we consider indecent and 'they' consider indecent could be two entirely different things, as evidenced by the basic freedoms we allow women. your quotes prove nothing.

I would have thought it to be common sense what these Qu'ranic verses are implying, but let me clarify. Rape, Incest, Adultery, Pre-marital sex, and etc. is absolutely forbidden in Islam. Not only that, but any avenues which can lead up to these acts are forbidden as well, and preventive measures (Hijab, Modesty, etc.) are taken under Shari'ah Law. Lets not forget that after the Qu'ran come the Hadith and Sunnah in authority and is where Fiqh (Islamic Jurisprudence) is derived. Here's a website which explains in detail rape and incest in Islam. Take the time to read the verses which are shown there and try to understand the wisdom behind it.

But indeed, the Arab world is not without criminal acts as you can see in the news today. But neither are the Marines in Iraq. IMHO, this video shows the stress that they are going through, but this also throws some light on the fact that the Haditha and Falluja massacres really did happen, and are truly only the "tip of the iceberg".

My 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
it's a fictional story. the song doesn't prove a damn thing, except that we're at war.

insofar as the rape and incest things...well, to be honest, i'm not gonna claim to know what goes on every day over there. that'd be kind of foolhardy on my behalf.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The troops were having some fun, singing a little tune, the average amercian kid has far worse stuff on his ipod for crying out loud.

Oh, but wait, those U.S. GI's are all murderers yes?

Hey what's Haditha got to do with it anyway??? Ain't no proof of nothing regarding Haditha, believe what you want to in the media, that's your choice, but it ain't proof of truth.

And as far as what the Quran says, that's one thing, but that doesn't mean the customs of Islamic men are in any way shape or form in line with what the book says, jeez, that's like saying Tim McVeigh couldn't have blown up the fed building in Ok. City cuz the Bible says Thou Shalt Not Kill, absurd I say!

And the CAIR should stop whining about trivialities.....

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This is friggin ridiculous. We sang far worse songs about killing hillbillies from Arkansas when I was in.

This is going way to overboard. The G.I.s cant even have some harmless demented fun to help deal with the stress without being jumped all over.

This is just like when Clinton banned dirty and lewd cadences because they might offend someone.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Yes one thing is to find a way to release stress and having fun, is nothing wrong with it.

Other is the fact that our soldiers are in a foreign land seen as invaders and unwanted easy target to terrorist groups.

This video may seem harmless to us Americans but to the people that we are trying to gain their respect and helping shape their nation while fighting terrorism may seem obscene and tasteless.

And for the terrorist groups that are targeting our troops is nothing more than more fuel for their cause.

The video is not the right thing to do in this very precarious situation with our troops in foreign land.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
i stil;l say we shoulda just carpet bombed the farkers.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It's a little gallows humor. No harm no foul. Blowing off some steam in a harmless fashion should be condoned not condemed. Besides what happened to the 1st amendment?
If anyone thinks a little song is disturbing, then you'd really freak at the stuff Police officers laugh and joke about.
It's a defense mechanism. Its better to laugh it off over there then to bring it home to their families.

To those that are fathers: Happy Fathers Day
peace

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Man I love Freedom of Speech.

I dont see the difference between Eminem singing about rape and killing and this guy and I support their right to sing about that type of stuff since I support the 1st amendment.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
One thing I don't understand about the people that are up in arms about this. Is these men/women are fighting for these rights they dambed well better be able to use them.
If anyone is offended maybe they need to be offended!
peace

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
so what happened? nothing.

someone wrote a silly song, oh my, the sky is falling.

top topics

join