It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Part of A51.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What does everyone think about this new supposed taxiway or runway?

I dont think its a runway for the reason that it heads towards the building, which wouldnt be a good thing in an emergency case, would it?

Also, the main runways have been built there because of the prevailing winds, as all runways are. Why build a new runway nearly 90degrees away that will catch the cross winds?

An artists impression:

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I would say it is just an access road (shortcut.) I think your thoughts regarding it not being a runway are correct.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   
where did you get that info from?

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dmsoldier
where did you get that info from?

www.dreamlandresort.com...

"Both the fuel tanks and the new runway were constructed in early 2003. The runway leads from the southern ramp area, which also has been expanded, perpendicular to the existing runways. It appears to end at runway 14L/32R. It is about about 4200 to 4500 ft. long, about the runway size of most smaller airports. Not suitable for large jets, but certainly long enough for smaller aircraft and UAV's. It may also be used as an alternate taxiway. Due to the orientation the new runway will likely be designated 5/23"

[Edited on 22-10-2003 by AZLS1]

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
probably just an acess road.. id be supprised if anything major happens at area 51 anymore...

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
probably just an acess road.. id be supprised if anything major happens at area 51 anymore...

You have got to be kidding? I guess the testing of the USA's next generation aerospace projects isn't big anymore.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
it could be a runway to test how the new planes they are developing land in substantial crosswinds.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 12:59 AM
link   
yes that also,

but i did hear on the newws when colobia *spelling* desaster happend they were talking about a 2nd space shuttle landing stripe in "groom" lake

and they proubly made it that long way back when becouse they were thinking of having spaceshuttle attack planes i geuss

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   
It is probably a small runway for UAV's, those things don't need too much space. There was a special on discovery channel about how UAVs are being pushed in military R & D. This would also explain the need for the fuel tanks in the satellite photo, which are positioned at the far end of the runway. Even if it is an access road, why the new fuel tanks? Why now?

new topics

top topics

join