It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US may block anti-Saudi suit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 06:32 AM
link   
WASHINGTON, 26 October � The Bush administration is closely monitoring a private lawsuit filed by Sept. 11 victims accusing Saudi individuals and firms of having links with Al-Qaeda, and may move to dismiss or delay the suit, according to administration officials. Government lawyers, the officials said, are trying to determine whether the case threatens to damage Saudi-American relations, which would give them reason to block the suit. The suit seeks $1 trillion in damages and is being pursued here by nearly 3,000 of the relatives of the victims. A State Department official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said he knew of no plans by the United States to take action in court, but he said the issue of the lawsuit had been raised in recent meetings of top American and Saudi officials, Asharq Al-Awsat reported quoting The New York Times. "The Saudis have made their concerns known at a senior level," the official said.

www.arabnews.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 06:35 AM
link   
i think any such suit should be blocked on the grounds of sheer stupidity ....

- qo.

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Ofcourse they should dismiss such a ridiculous claim. How in Gods name the lawyers would indicte (sp??) the real culprits is beyond me!

Regards,
Illumni

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 08:26 AM
link   
where the lawyers possibly outnumber the criminals;but no one can distinguish sufficiently clearly between them to make counting possible.

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It'll be interesting if they actually win.
consider what it paves the way for.

yesterday a group of Berieved British families filed a 3 trillion pound suite against several high profile American businesses for their funding and continued support of the IRA, a terrorist organization responsible for killing hundreds of civilians.

would certainly make me laugh.

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 08:56 AM
link   
hell, if we're talking 'acts of terrorism', what about sueing the US itself for loss of taxes after the war of independence?

- qo.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
How about suing the US government as my company closed down because of the illegal war on Iraq? WTF!

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
open your eyes wisdom, the war in iraq is completely legal under u.n. charter.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by astroblade
open your eyes wisdom, the war in iraq is completely legal under u.n. charter.

Good luck convincing him of that. The U.N. passed its famous Iraq resolution in 2003 not thinking the U.S. actually had the balls to act on it; they just thought the resolution would pacify the U.S., then the usual diplomatic bull^@#$ which had been going on for 12 years at that point would continue. Weren't they surprised! Now the U.N. whines about it, go figure.

Wisom, you have my condolences though for going out of business.
Small businesses are the backbone of the U.S. What were you selling? How did the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003 force you out of business?

top topics

join