It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 Theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 03:29 AM
link   
We have all heard about The Green River Complex being the new Area 51....Pure crap. But what if, according to the theory, Area 51 were really no longer a secret research facility and WAS abandoned? I mean after all it isn't really secret. We don't know what is going on there, but are all allowed to theorize and I think thats what the Govt wants us to do to keep us focused on the Groom Lake Facility. What if the true jobs of the Groom Lake employees was to go out there every day, do construction and build a new building here and there, move the cars around in the parking lot, move dirt around, pour concrete, demolish the older buildings and just make it look like something is happening there for the satellites flying over head. I think the only real thing that could be going on there is the security, Just to make it look like there is something to protect...you know? I live here in Vegas and saw a Janet flight landing today (5:20pm), and watched the workers get off of the plane. There weren't many that got off of the plane, maybe 7-8. They didn't look like anything special, they didn't look like scientists or engineers. They all had dusty work boots and blue jeans on. They didn't look like the type that would work at a super secure Govt facility. All I'm saying is maybe the base isn't really what the Govt wants us to think it is.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I have thought this exact same thing so many times. I think that Area 51 would indeed be an excellent distraction to keep all the conspiracy theorists occpied. Yet, you have to think that Area 51, regardless of how many satalite photos are taken, is still one #ing safe base out in the middle of nowhere regardless of how many people know about. Even though people are know aware of the place it hasn't brought anyone any closer to clarifying exactely what is going on there. It does have the longest runway in the world, they would build that for now reason. All the really interesting stuff is underground. . . . .

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Who can say for sure what is underground?? Or if there even IS an underground..you know? I mean the AirForce does use it because it is in the Nellis Range, maybe only a refuelling station? The runway could be simply a space shuttle emergency runway..who knows..I'm just rambling 'scuse me..

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 04:26 AM
link   
It's seven miles LONG! Do you realize that a Space shuttle could make an emergency landing, and COAST to a stop on that thing?

About the non-sighting of employees...

I bet that most of the higher-ups live in the base, just like any other military base. I'm sure that with all the underground space that the place has, there's no reason for people not to live there. Area 51 is most likely bigger than dulce, and even dulce reportedly has resident officers. So, I just think that all the people whom would be interesting to see, just live on the base anyhow.

As for it being abandoned...I sincerely doubt that. I really don't think that the government would halt, stop, or quit using something that the american people know about. i mean, they all know that we know about HAARP controlling the weather and #, and look, they're still at it. Another example could be roswell. we all know that some strange stuff went down there, and yet, the gov't remains hush-hush on the subject. Just a thought.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MK-Ultra
Who can say for sure what is underground?? Or if there even IS an underground..you know? I mean the AirForce does use it because it is in the Nellis Range, maybe only a refuelling station? The runway could be simply a space shuttle emergency runway..who knows..I'm just rambling 'scuse me..

Know I dont know for sure that there is an underground part of the base but it is likely especially with all the earth that can be seen do have been dug up on sum of the satalite pictures, although I dont know anything about how subterainean buildings are made. The least Area 51 is used for is experimental aircraft i mean look at the runway!!

On the more recent satalite photos , which can be found here,you can see tire marks going along almost half the runway both ways. What kind of plane needs 3 and a half miles to stop ? You can also see large construction pits.

One thing I do know is that area 51 is nothing like this ......

[Edited on 043131p://222 by earthtone]

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I beleve that the Area 51 facilities are mostly for research and intelligence activities. They still do some flight activities,but no where near as much as there uesd to be. Mose of the activities at Groom Lake probably take place in secret labs that are hidden beneathe the lake bed and in the surrounding hills/mountians. The focus of base operations may Litterly "Gone Underground". So the True Secrets of Area 51 are probably buried under the dry lake bed of Groom Lake.

Tim

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
There's nothing more than High tech planes,maybe man-made disc shaped crafts.

there's no aliens,no underground alien facilities and no alien crafts.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
There's nothing more than High tech planes,maybe man-made disc shaped crafts.

there's no aliens,no underground alien facilities and no alien crafts.

How can you say that? Nobody has proof either way. Seeing as there arn't many buildings above ground, and also looking at the number of unmarked planes that head over there everyday, I would have thought that there would be underground facilities.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
First of all, 7 miles long?! I guess we need those satellite photos coming out to prove this. I just thought it went at most to 1 1/2 miles.

As for using the runway as a emergency shuttle runway, it would be more probable that they would have made an west to east runway.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cammo Dude
First of all, 7 miles long?! I guess we need those satellite photos coming out to prove this. I just thought it went at most to 1 1/2 miles.

Thats what I thought. Then Loki said..

It's seven miles LONG! Do you realize that a Space shuttle could make an emergency landing, and COAST to a stop on that thing?

I guess I'm gunna have to find out. It's still supposed to be the longest runway in the world.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The presence of an underground base doesn't mean there's a conspiracy and aliens.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Exactly.

I think its just simply a research base, the long runway is just there simply in case its needed.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
Exactly.

I think its just simply a research base, the long runway is just there simply in case its needed.

Take a look at the picture of the runway. You can clearly see, even from a satalite photo, the amount it is used by looking at the tire marks down the runway.

Edit: #ing picture isn't working, what a drag

[Edited on 013131p://444 by earthtone]

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't think a plane would skid two miles. ..but they are using advanced aircraft. So 1/3 of a mile sounds just about right. Check out www.dreamlandresort.com to see the real length. I think it is just about a mile to a mile and a half long.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The link itself doesnt work either, earthtone.

I havent seen the skid marks, so I couldnt comment.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I think that Area 51 probably was at one time being used for research and hiding something from us.. Aliens, I don't know ( of course ), but I think that it's more that top secret aircraft.

I also agree that, I think that over the past 10 years or so, it has been used as a distraction... we really should be focusing elsewhere... "they" are hiding... we just have to find and prove it.

I have a theory on where I think that aliens might be hidden... not sure i'm ready to disclose it.. maybe later today as another topic.. peace my friends..

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I think there is also a possibility that Area 51/Groomlake is an entrance to a long and vast underground city complex

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Why don't we send an RC aircraft into Groom Lake with an infra-red camera attached to it? We'd most likely be able to see what's inside of the hangars, and how many people are stationed there. Or someone could do a touch-and-go on their runway for fun in a decent aircraft and have a partner take a few snapshots while they're at it. And if the government won't admit to the existence of this base, couldn't we just take a fully automatic weapon and start firing at the base to shake things up? After all, you can't commit a crime against something that doesn't exist.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
[quote. And if the government won't admit to the existence of this base, couldn't we just take a fully automatic weapon and start firing at the base to shake things up? After all, you can't commit a crime against something that doesn't exist.

The government had to admit it's existence after the first satalite photos were taken back in the 60's. There have also been lawsuites against the government that involve workers at the base so. . .

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
First off, Area 51 proper, is only part of the whole complex...

But what if, according to the theory, Area 51 were really no longer a secret research facility and WAS abandoned?

No. As some mentioned, regardless of it being "public", it's still away from prying eyes, and is a HUGE complex. This isn't something you just walk away from...you just make it more secret (hence the recent land grabs)...

JANET planes still land, and yes, they may not look like scientists or engineers, but neither do others who work in other research facilities (such as my pop for one)...

There's still the underground facility (which has housing, and most city provided services, such as movies, eating, etc.) which is then linked to other parts of the complex, such as S2, S3, and the infamous S4 (Site 4). Supposedly, S3 and S4 are the only sections related to aliens, with S1 and S2 being related to the testing of derived technology, and contracting with Lockheed, Boeing, etc. for use of the facility when testing experimental planes. S3 is rumored to contain the bodies, as well as the last EBE "guest", whereas S4 is where the reverse engineering takes place.

It's said that some of these scientists came here back when the base was first operational, and haven't left the base ever, since. While that sounds far-fetched, I then thought, that if I was working on a genuine UFO every day...I could deal with not leaving too...

Oddly enough, I've been to an underground research base before (not an alien-related one of course, this was for avionics), and the ID-4 depiction, was pretty damned close to the appearance of it... It's likely pretty accurate as to what you'd see under Area 51 and environs....

[Edited on 6-11-2003 by Gazrok]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join