It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me again why we can't store or use the electricity from lightning?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MBF

Originally posted by imbalanced
so now we know how all we need is funding to build this lighting powered generator. Who want to throw on a suit and enter the fun world of investors ?

Well...I don't see anybody begging to throw on a suit to go get the funding. The problem that I have encountered is that when you go to a large corp. with an idea, they say that "if it would work, our people would have already came up with it".

There are a lot of good ideas out there just gathering dust.

The key is to not let those people get you down. Who cares if the first hundred tell you that it could not possibly work if the 101st tells you he will invest in it.

Even inventors have to be good at selling.

If you know of any great ideas please post them.

MBF

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit

The key is to not let those people get you down. Who cares if the first hundred tell you that it could not possibly work if the 101st tells you he will invest in it.

Even inventors have to be good at selling.

If you know of any great ideas please post them.

A friend and I received a patent a several years ago that would extend the life of a wet sleeve engine. We contacted manufacturers all over the world about our invention, but we never got anywhere. They said that their engines never experienced the problem which our invention solved, which is a lie. Cummins said that their engines never had the problem, but if our invention would solve the problem, their engineers would have already come up with it.

The closest that we ever got was a scheduled meeting wiith Caterpillar. The week before we were to have the meeting, it was called off. The reason was that the legal department was mad because the meeting was scheduled without their knowledge by the engineering department. The engineering department admited to us (unoffically) that all wet sleeve engines had the problem and were interested in our invention, but their funding was cut so they could not run any tests.

I have had lots of ideas for inventions that 10-15-20 years after I came up with them, I would see this "great idea" that somebody had just came up with being sold making a pile of money.

I guess that I'm just not much of a salesman.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
See with my invention I want to have a full working model of my device although it does not relate to the collection of energy will be something else and expensive. Man is this thing ever costing me a fortune. I have already spent about 150k and I will probably spend about another 35k in parts plus I am building it all on my own. Quite cheap considering it's function and the fact people have spent billions researching this to come up empty handed. If they had any clue how simple it was.

Anyway if you want to collect lighting bolts do what Tesla did and broadcast energy back and fourth between two stations. These lightining bolts pick up steam and energy from the shumanns cavity and could be considered free energy if it was ever realized.

Collecting lightning by itself would be hard considering storms are randomly occuring as with lightning strikes. I feel it would not supply energy needs because they would be short bursts of power. I hope you get funding cause it will cost you millions if not billions to develope and research such a device. Are you willing to risk large amounts of money and stake your reputation.

I took a huge risk with my invention but it looks like this could be my big break into a much larger world of business and sciences not yet realized. First you need to think how you will sell the device to investors, then after you do that you have to research, then build a working model. Then you go for a patent and the big money.

I said previously on this forum i would not disclose my plans for my protection but since no one will beleive it till they see it I guess I can say. By August I will produce a video demonstration of the worlds first "known" antigravity disk which measures about 3 feet across. I am having stability issues but this can be correcting with gyroscope stabalization. I promise it will hover with out any physical thrusters and it will be a smooth perfect surface. It seems far out there I know but I have gotten it to fly already (without disk shell) it can lift more then it's own weight and uses remarkably low power.

Other then what I have stated above I am in no way going to disclose online how i accomplished this. Of coarse I am doing this to be famous, rich and so I can retire early plus I will revolutionize transporatation. With me in control of my technology I will get any investors I can with a lot of money to help me build the first full scale manned craft.

If you have a dream and you want to accomplish it set goals and figure out how to accomplish this.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Doctor, if you need any help with further developing your product ATS might be a good place to find it. If you need a face man for your operations or potential investors u2u me and I will try to help anyway I can. I have a few family friends that work for Venture Capitalist Companies and I love to sell.

I pray to God that this is true! And that 1, you are not pulling our leg and 2, that you will be physically safe throughout this process.

Good luck to you the Good Doctor!

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I have all the money I need to complete my project but thanks anyway though I appreciate the gesture. I have quite a bit of my own money more then enough to fund this 20 times over. I myself am a business man working my way up the ladder of financial dominance. If someone were to say I would not want to profit from something like this I would call them foolish because this can and will make me rich beyond all expectations and man kind gets to benifit as well. I call it a win/win scenario.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
the next question for the doctor then is, are you hiring?

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Be sure to post your progress here at ATS. I know I'm not the only one interested in seeing a working model. And if you ever need someone to help test out the new system, send me a U2U!

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The_Doctor, I've heard rumors here and there that other people are working on that idea also. I hope you can get it patented before the others do! I wish you much luck! This would be awesome!
Antigrav technology is waaay beyond me, I'm currently working on a way to liberate hydrogen and oxygen from water "on demand" to run a car. Things are looking good so far, I hope to have the system on my Geo Metro in time for my trip to Michigan in early July.
I'm not getting rich from this, I'm going to give it away to anyone that wants it...... if it works.
I think it will, but I'm not 100% certain yet.

MBF

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy
I'm currently working on a way to liberate hydrogen and oxygen from water "on demand" to run a car

What method are you using to do this?

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I'm using an amplitude modulated audio frequency. The audio is approximately 600 Hz. The carrier wave is around 1khz.
I need to adjust the frequencies until I get resonance in the water.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
A small fwiw.

Yesterday afternoon and into early evening, the Phoenix area had over 18,000 lightning strikes.

Recorded by doppler weather detecting devices.

Reported on channel 3/23 news.

MBF

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy
I'm using an amplitude modulated audio frequency. The audio is approximately 600 Hz. The carrier wave is around 1khz.
I need to adjust the frequencies until I get resonance in the water.

I read something about that method a while back. If I can find the info, I will get it to you, maybe it can help.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It was from a patent done by a guy named Puharich. I have a lot of good info, just need the time and money to put it all together.

MBF

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Good luck. I hope that all goes well for you.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
What would you say if i come up with a way to harness lightning energy.I have done some designs but i still do not know weather it will work or not.I beleive building such a device would cost alot of money at first, may work perfect once in operation.I cannot post details of such a device until i find the right person or organisation who can evaluate my design.Where does one go from here.You might call it a new invention if it works.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shakeyjc

If you were to put a large resistor in the tower, then couldn't you increase resistance to reduce chance of a burn out? And couldn't you place different out puts down it, so when a storm comes, you split the potential difference across a few cables so you divide it.

The fact is that lightening take the least path of resistance and as soon as you try to put anything in that path, the lightening will leave that path and take another. You can't stop it.

Actually that's what a lightening is - a path of least resistance from clouds to the earth. The earth has the lowest potential of all. The rods provide a path of least resistance and convey the charge away to earth. That's why they work. They are not "collectors" of lightening.

So you can try putting huge resistors, capacitor or whatever in its path, chances are that it will divert to other path. Its not possible to predict easily where it will go. If you insulate all of the surrounding ground, may be you will get some, if it occurs at all.

Another factor is cost. It will take more money to set up a lightening power plant (tech for it is no where to be seen btw) then you can get back.

Its like asking why don't we set up a huge wind mill to use the energy of a hurricane. Its not impossible, but not practical.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Where the ancient pyramids nothing more than lightning rods to collect energy?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join