It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   
War. Huh. What is it good for?

Seems to me a lot of people forget just what war is. The term 'war is hell' isn't just something someone said one day to attempt to describe it - war IS hell. Imagine not knowing from day to day whether or not that person in street clothes is the man who's going to kill you without warning. Imagine walking down an emoty dirt road in the middle of nowhere, and all the sudden bullets are flying all around you. Imagine not knowing whether or not you'll ever see your family again.

Sure, a lot of people enter the military knwoing that they might die, but that knowledge is somewhat removed from being placed into the situation where you have the very real possibility of dying. It's enough stress to fracture a man's mind. Remember that next time you feel like judging a soldier.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Nothing looks good under a microscope. Especially a soldier or Marine fighting a war.

Well, I kind of think the flu virus is cute. Anyway, I'LL START APOLOGIZING FOR INNOCENT CIVILIANS BEING KILLED RIGHT AFTER THE TERRORISTS DO.
I WONDER IF THOSE CIVIS WERE LAUGHING ABOUT THE JARHEAD GETTING IT.?
THAT COULD MAKE ME KICK IN A DOOR AND SPRAY.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I agree but i also agree with the term "war is a necessary evil".

new topics

join