It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the U.S. military help secure the southern border?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
A poll on CNN.com asked this question. I chose 'No' and saw the results - 75% said 'Yes'.

I think this is a mistake to begin letting the US military do policing INSIDE the US. If allowed, it would grow to other parts of law enforcement in no time.

They could save money by JUST MAKING A WALL and/or hiring more border patrol agents.

...or is this part of the plan to get the military working inside of the USA?

Thoughts?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well, since the wall is not there yet, something needs to be done to stop 3 million illegals who will cross the border in 12 months, otherwise.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Never believe what you read in polls anyway man, because they can be UNBELIEVABLY biased. There's just so many different variables and factors that you can involve in making a poll. That's why I never believe those polls showing the "approval rating" of a anything, because they can be so biased.

As for using the military to secure the border, I doubt they will do this. A wall wouldn't work either. What they need to do is change around the system so that it doesn't benefit the illegals so much (an illegal gets free health care and free education, while a tax-paying citizen who works their @$$ off to pay their bills and taxes does NOT get free health care and loses their home even if they payed their taxes on time for 30 years but were unable to recently b/c they were layed off from their job), etc....the illegals don't pay taxes. If they change these things around, the illegals will slow down I think. Also people won't hate on the illegals so much.

Using the military to secure the border would not be in the country in the way you think, though; it's not like they'd be doing something deep inside the U.S., it would be at the border.

new topics

join