It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dna test confirms hybrid bear(i say the government did it)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

yahoo has some info on it.

I honestly think that the hybrid was mixed up in a lab,by scientist or the military an was just let into the while to see how it would react.

otherwise I dont see how a Grizzly Bear an a Polar Bear would meet even by accident an just decide to....do what they do.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Don't you think that this could have happened naturally. According to the article, polars and grizzlies have been succesfully paired in zoos. There are other animal hybrids out there. You have tigons and ligers, and in Hawaii we have wholphins. Actually, I also saw a wholphin in Okinawa as well. Let me pose this question to you, with the descent in numbers of certain species, do you think these animals are cross-breeding(?) to save thier species?

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Mules! Donkey+horse. Yes, I saw the ligers as well. Cool. Wolves+Dogs=feral dog. Had a dog who was part wild, part street mutt. Good dog, never bit me btw.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I, as well as the poster's on here agree that it was from "Natural occurance's of nature".
Why would you think that the Gov. would want to create or institute such a thing any way?
I guess it is an "Each to thier own" scenario.
It is unusual though.
I heard a story that it is because of the Polar Bears being forced out of thier own habitat by global warming and possible food shortages for the bears, I also think there is some issue's with the Grizzlie's getting extremely close to populated areas in the U.S. too.
Scary thought's come from those occurrance's as they maybe quite detrimental to the over all population's of the Grizzly Indigenous areas.
Have to wait and see.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Why does the military or the government have to be behind this?

Animals do some basic things. They Eat, Sleep, Crap, Pea, evade predators and make other animals.

Is it so hard to believe that, a big horny polar bear saw a smaller grizzly bear and said, lunch!!!!

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I say we all throw bullets at it as hard as we can.

Or maybe just at the ground near its feet.

"Take that hybrid bear."

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
A very natural occurrence in a rapidly shrinking habitat. Polar Bear numbers are shrinking quickly due to seasonal disruption and other factors.

If you can't find your own girls to mate with and it's that time of the year, you take what is close and similar.

Personally, I have no problem dating outside of my race. But I would think it's not for the same reasons as our furry friends.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
You think that the government captured a polar bear and a grizzly bear, maintained them in a captive breeding program, and then secretly released the offspring, and then had some hunters kill it and then perform DNA tests on it?

You think that that is more likely than two bears meeting in the woods?

otherwise I dont see how a Grizzly Bear an a Polar Bear would meet even by acciden

It states in the article you cited that not only do their ranges overlap, but that their breeding season over laps.

[edit on 12-5-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
What interest would the government have in secretly crossbreeding animals that can reproduce naturally? I see no reason for secrecy there. Are they planning to send an army of polar-capable grizzlies across the arctic to invade Russia??? I mean come on, it's Canada- the soft spoken mormon nextdoor to the frat house- I can't see anything sinister coming out of there. (Not that this pointless little chimera is really sinsister in any way).

If they'd genetically engineered a hybrid dog-bear, that might be another story (and I'd kinda like to have one of them. Imagine having a 500 pound killing machine that attacks on command then heels when you say. "Beware of bog!" lol)

The best pet I ever had was half timber wolf, half german shepherd. Very large, very scary, and harmless as long as you left her and my family alone. Unfortunately the neighborhood kids liked to harass her, and then we found out that she could clear a 6 foot fence EASILY. So we ended up sending her to my dad's construction site as a guard dog.
viva crossbreeds.

new topics

top topics

join