It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Domestic Spying Inquiry Killed in Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Maybe it’s all part of a master plan to win the War on Terror.

The simple, Dr. Seussian explanation they always give is that “terrorists hate America for its’ freedoms”.

By getting rid of more and more of your freedoms, you are making yourselves appear friendlier to the terrorists.

www.cnn.com...

The administration has vehemently defended the eavesdropping, saying the NSA's activities were narrowly targeted to intercept international calls and e-mails of Americans and others inside the U.S. with suspected ties to the al Qaeda terror network.
Separately, the Justice Department sought last month to dismiss a federal lawsuit accusing the telephone company AT&T of colluding with the Bush administration's warrantless wiretapping program.

And to unfreedomify y’all a bit more, the NSA has also been gathering a HUGE database of all the numbers you call. But they’re not listening in on those ones. They promise.
….
today.reuters.com...

"It's the largest database ever assembled in the world," the paper quoted one source as saying. The agency's goal is "to create a database of every call ever made" within U.S. borders, it said the source added.
The NSA has "access to records of billions of domestic calls," USA Today said. Although customers' names and addresses are not being handed over, "the phone numbers the NSA collects can easily be cross-checked with other databases to obtain that information," it said.

Scary stuff.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
That is why is called Illegal surveillance but the friends and supporters of the Bush administration do not have any problem with all this.

Is all in the name of fighting terror and for the good of the nation

!!!!!WE have been spy on by the same people we elected to power!!!!!!

This is sinister, weird, dirty and unconstitutional.

I am outraged as an American citizen.

We took care of a president for doing the same thing, but now we have another one that is getting away with it.

What happen to the citizens of this great nation in the last 30 years?

We have allowed the government to dictate over us and controlling us rather than We the people of the USA demanding our elected government to respect our constitution.

And all is done under gag orders, secrecy and corruption.

Keeping tracks of how many times you call grandma is just the last drop on how much this present administration cares about our privacy.

And like I said in another thread the Yes man appointee Hyden is all for it and have been doing it!!!!!!!!!

Hayden already faced criticism because of the NSA's secret domestic eavesdropping program. As head of the NSA from March 1999 to April 2005, Hayden also would have overseen the call-tracking program.

[edit on 11-5-2006 by marg6043]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Its sickening, disgusting and downright

No wonder they wont close the borders- they're trying to create a huge prison in this country.

Outrageous and sick sick sick.

I wish i had a finger flipping smiley.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
You know what Dg and still when we question the new so call Bush Appointee we are tag nothing more than Bush Bashers.

Is incredible how people will blind themselves just to keep supporting this corrupted government.

I am speechless, courage and ready scream.!!!!!!!!!!

What more prof people want!!!!!!!!!!! we are under control of a dictator!!!!!!!!!! in sheep's costumes with a sign that said I am all for democracy in the world.

Shame, Shame, Shame.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Very disturbing - makes me so angry.

Besides, they know not to use the phone lines now.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I honestly don’t think America will stand for this. I think that it’s just a matter of time before we start seeing massive protests and uprisings. Because average Americans won’t just take this garbage lying down.

It sometimes takes the American people some time to wake up to things (due to the shockingly inept media), but once they do, they’ll change things. And fast.

I just want to wish you all good luck in your efforts. Your non-violent, democratic efforts to say, “THIS IS NOT THE AMERICA I WAS BORN INTO, AND NOT THE ONE I WANT MY CHILDREN GROWING UP IN”.

Let me know if there’s anything I can do to help from up here in Montreal.

-jako

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Jako-

Can i come live with you?
You know, no one will do a thing. I dont know what is happening here.

What in God's name has happened to our wonderful nation? What What????????????

We are all prisoners. Am i losing it?? I'd like to kick someone's asse right about now, anyone- i am very angry.

WHAT do we see here that is so wrong that others dont see? The majority about 70% see the problem yet do NOTHING.

WHY?

*PULLS HAIR* and not trying to be funny either!!!!!

I hate to swear but today is a good day for WTF????????????

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Jakomo,

Even if the nation sleepers finally wake from the induce Bush fantasy dream, what is left for us?

A democratic party rule?

Do you honestly think that they will stop the damage done?

Or just cash out on all this because they are part of the corruption.

Very scary future ahead of us.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I don't believe the media is inept, Jakomo. It's a very smooth propaganda machine. When the US was gearing up for war in Afghanistan, and it was all over the media, I was in Texas and some Polish guys I knew said it was just like when the USSR was getting ready for some action, there would be propaganda. They'd seen it under the Soviets and now they could see it in the (pause while I laugh) "free world".

And why are they recording all these calls? What possible use are they? There are dark speculations about that, of course, mainly involving what happens when the Admin gets around to the midnight knock on the door...

I wonder, given that the last two elections were fiddled, what's going to happen next time when Dubya has to step down? He's ignored so many laws so far...

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23

I wonder, given that the last two elections were fiddled, what's going to happen next time when Dubya has to step down? He's ignored so many laws so far...

That is the very scary thing we will have another group of corrupted leaders to keep the damage done to our nation.

The door has been open and is just going to get wider.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The real bad guys are all using encrypted VOIP anyway, so this really is BS.

WRITE YOUR CONGRESSMAN NOW!

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by rich23

That is the very scary thing we will have another group of corrupted leaders to keep the damage done to our nation.

The door has been open and is just going to get wider.

Marg there are many Americans ready to get up and shut that door.unfortunatly for every one of us willing to do something about it there are 5 more standing there calling us unpatriotic bush haters or just don't believe or flat out refuse to believe our government would do such things

Try writing up a petion to have the entire Bush Admin impeached and taken out of office...then watch as you try and get people to sign it..Youu'll get spit on and called everything but a patriot....the best part is when some (well I won't say what I was gonna call him)snatches the petion out of your hands and rips it up.(didn't happen to me but I know the person that it did happen to)

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree
The real bad guys are all using encrypted VOIP anyway, so this really is BS.

WRITE YOUR CONGRESSMAN NOW!

Showin my ignorance here LOL

VOIP???

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Don't worry this whole issue will spark a big wave of new outrage on the nation's population that are not happy with what is going on.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Don't worry this whole issue will spark a big wave of new outrage on the nation's population that are not happy with what is going on.

Yup and they already have the camps ready for us

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The best thing you can probably do is just to mention it to everyone you can.

Unfiltered through the media.

"Hey did you know that the NSA wiretapping inquiry got killed in Congress? AND that the NSA just admitted that they have a huge database that details the numbers that you and I call on our phones? Do you feel safer?"

Grassroots, baby!

I'll try to drum up some outrage in my little neck of the woods, too. Because, honestly, this is too much.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux

Yup and they already have the camps ready for us

...And the list and what day pick up is is probably ready too

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hey if any of you do not heard of me in about 4 weeks then you can bet I will be one of the first ones to be pick up and taken away but been to risky to national security

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
VOIP Voice Over Internet Protocol

I hope you realize how easy it is now to use military grade hard encryption on anything you send over the internet.

e-mails, chat and VOIP can all be hard encrypted with algorithms that would take decades to unravel and your personal files can be encrypted on individual data disks if desired.

Check out PGP Desktop. www.pgp.com...

I think Bush may be telling the truth about using phone data on average American citizens.

It is MUCH more likely that certain NSA insiders are keeping track of every call made by any congressman, political opponent or organizations deemed a threat to this administration's agenda.

In effect, a valuable tool in the war on political terrorism on certain powerful individuals who would maybe have something to hide.

[edit on 12-5-2006 by FallenFromTheTree]

top topics

join