It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finnish Airforce goes Casa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Finnish Airforce has decided to buy 2 EADS CASA C-295M Transport planes in order to support RDF and Peace keeping operations.
Loosing competitor was Alenia C-27J "Spartan"

Both planes were subjected to intensive testing program in Finnish winter conditions. Both planes passed the tests, but EADS offered a better price.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Yeah... I read about this 2... good choise in my opinion...

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I would have thought the C27J was more suited to the mission by being more structurally solid, or rugged, being designed as it was as a rough field VTOL troop transport while the C-295 was only designed as a commuter airliner.

But what would I know?

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
More than our AF

The transports will only be used to ferry RDF troops and top brass around and in Para training

no need to operate from bad runways in peace time and would you want to use ANY transport plane to do paradrops against Russian army? (Helos are much better for that)

ps I nor the FDF has nothing against Russia, but it still isour main threat

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
We should get Waynos to join the Finnish air-force as an expert... We could use you here...

It's not really a secret northolf... Russia is now and will forever be our only and main military threat...

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Actually our main threat depends on how Hockey goes this week, if Sweden is better than us then it will be sweden for the next few weeks

(joke)

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
So it does...

I remember when they don as last time... I wanted to do something really bad... Well, we ahev a chanse to beat them this tourney...

new topics

top topics

join