It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Received a message that says "WARNING"... cant access messages?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'm getting a 404 trying to access my messages, this is the first time i've tried to do so.

"The requested URL /forum/u2u.php was not found on this server."

Curious as to what the warning could be about as I rarely post.

Also noticed a little 'warn' icon now shows up next to my handle.

-Vin

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Not sure about the error message, but i do know what the warn was for.

Click this link to find out what the warn was for.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Sorry to say this fella, but i find your avitar a bit over the top. It could be offensive to some members here.

I for one am against seal culling as your avitar depicts. What i would like to ask, is why you would want that as an avitar? I know you linked it from Rense, im just curious as to why you would want it.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
Sorry to say this fella, but i find your avitar a bit over the top. It could be offensive to some members here.

I for one am against seal culling as your avitar depicts. What i would like to ask, is why you would want that as an avitar? I know you linked it from Rense, im just curious as to why you would want it.

You posted the reply while I was in the middle of messing with my newfound member controls. Gimme a second, im actually looking around for something to use as an avatar.

Yeah, it is offensive, mybad. It was an old avatar of mine on another board, just used the same link to test linking offsite.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I clicked on the link and thats where the 'warn' thing goes to that i see appears now with my name.

But still, what is the warning for? The opening of the post does comes off a bit rough, if that's what it's about. I'd like to think this isn't the sort of place where everyone has to speak to one another like a child. Especially in a thread concerning the topic of firearms in the United States.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I would hazzard a guess that you got the warn for your first paragraph.

Alot of you are coming off as fear mongering pussies

Be careful how you word things. Just a word of advice.....

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Glad to see you got rid of the Avitar

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
Glad to see you got rid of the Avitar

Heh, no prob. I was well aware it didnt fit here, didn't expect anyone would catch it while i was looking for one.

Well, if that was the warning then I guess i'll have to hold it in when i want to really get a point across. (I guess the warning verified my effectiveness?)

I'm glad to see the posting wasn't removed. That's an honest message that came from the heart.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
just a suggestion:

use the "suggestion" tab for complaints like the ones discussed in this thread...

it would be better to not make it a public matter...

i hope this helps...

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
You should have recieved a u2u from one of the staff regarding your warning.

They don't give you a warning without telling you why you had gotten it.

If you believe that you had gotten the warning, without tha explanatory u2u, you should use the 'SUGGESTION' button for this, as well.

When posted there, it goes to a special 'Staff Only' forum, so that your suggestion or complaint will have a better chance of being reviewed.

Just my 2 cents.

Mechanic 32.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Okay, calm down everyone....

Check your U2U inbox, this will tell you the post for which you received the Warn.

Secondly, address for checking your U2U's is www.abovetopsecret.com...

This subject would have been better handled and responded to more easily if you had contacted staff or used the Suggestion button.

(Topic closed)

top topics

join