It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 'What If': If the Aurora was Stolen

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Just came up with ideas if someone/you has stolen the Aurora, What would happen and what would the person/you do with it if you stole it?

It could be similar to the Clint Eastwood movie 'Firefox'!

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Ask any professional robber ...... he'll tell you it's pretty difficult to steal something that doesn't exist!!!!!!

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Ha!
And who is so good to steal a super secret highly advanced aircraft from the government......well Klint Eastwood did it once but besides that noone can do it.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
sell it to russia or Iran or better still sell it back to the US

and then buy my self an island

[edit on 1-5-2006 by bodrul]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The situation would be analogous to Belenko's defecting to Japan with a MiG-25.
After being examined, it would be given back in crates by whichever rogue state sponsored the theft.

US response depends entirely on the politics of the situation, but could be anything from a sharp rebuke in the UN on up.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Sorry to break the news... But HOW COULD THAT HAPPEND... yes, it is pretty hard to steal a plane that doens't exist...

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If the Aurora does exist, and you somehow iound out where it's stored and then managed to get to it, start it up etc.. I doubt you would get airborne or even taki to the runway before you were taken out

[edit on 1-5-2006 by warpboost]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Does the Aurora exist? Maybe, maybe not. But and however...there were leaks and rumors about both the RS-71 (before it was released, it was the RS), and the F-117, and no one had the opportunity/intelligence/balls/manpower/etc. to steal something like that. It's just sheerly impossible. There are certain things you just don't do, and that is definitely one of them. When it comes to National Security, Dubya and his cronies (or should I say "Dubya's cronies and Dubya
) do not mess around.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
who suspects there is just one aurora?

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Maybe it's just a decoy...I mean, they directly denied the existence of the F-22, the F-117, and the SR-71 before publicly announcing it. "Haha, just kidding guys...you were right all along!"

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mlindahl
Maybe it's just a decoy...I mean, they directly denied the existence of the F-22, the F-117, and the SR-71 before publicly announcing it. "Haha, just kidding guys...you were right all along!"

I think you have been misinformed, I'm not old enough to remember the SR-71 being revealed but I can remember that there was never any outright denial of either the F-22 or the F-117, in the case of the F-22, the ATF programme was widely publicised from its very beginnings as far back as 1980, only the actual hardware was kept secret until it was officially rolled out, in public, well ahead of its first flight, with the F-117, we all knew it was there but we didn't know what it was called or what it looked like and the USAF/Govt etc simply said nothing at all.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
what about the U2 , Waynos was that ever considered classified information? If the Aurora should be compared to any jet it should be the U2 since its objective is the same.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Well, the Blackbird was first named the RS-71 Blackbird and during the announcement speech by one of the presidents (I forget his name), he mispronounced it as the SR-71 Blackbird, so they changed it. Many people saw this long aircraft being flown in the Mojave Desert (by Edwards AFB) and had no clue what it was. When they asked, they were immediately shot down because they didn't want anything being leaked out on accident.

As for the F-22 Raptor, we all know it was "modelled" after the YF-23, but it's design was just less expensive, so it won out. The battle of Lockheed and Northrop/McDonnell Douglas, and just the whole project itself was denied. Once again, the airplane was seen flying in the Mojave Desert, and people looked at it flying above and wondered what airplane could be making that wing-shape, as it had never been seen before. They questioned it, as did I, and was shot down. I asked my father about this, as he works as a Test Manager by China Lake. He also denied anything was going on. About 6 months later, I found out that he is also the F-22 Project Integration Coordinator for Edwards AFB and China Lake NAWC.

oops...said YF-22 instead of YF-23

[edit on 1-5-2006 by mlindahl]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The U-2 was certainly classified, as was the SR-71 and the F-117, its just that their existance wasn't admitted to, not actually denied.

I've always said that the Aurora has been secret too long (25 years and counting) for it to be real, all other classified aircraft (so far!) have been revealed in much less time than that. It might not be much of a theory, but its mine

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
the way I like to think of it is it will always remain secret until we have a superior replacement to it.

Unless we can stop it, easily, we will not give it to our enemies to study.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
^^^^^^^^^^

Read my last post.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
If somehow I ever stole Aurora I think my first thought would be "How the hell do I land this thing?".

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
A Hypothetical situation along with a glimpse of how Westy’s mind works.

Ah, why would I want to steal it? A simple glance and perhaps a touch or two would suffice for me. One, I’m too pro US Military to do anything but give it right back to the Government. And two, knowing its real and knowing what it looks like would allow me to walk around with a superior and smug look on my face that personally would be worth millions!

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I think it would be very hard to steal something that almost certainly requires an in flight refueling once in flight. And whos to say that we do not have the capability to destroy this almost 20 year old design

-Excuse the spelling and grammer, insomnia has taken hold

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   

The U-2 was certainly classified....

I thought that it was passed off as a "High altitude weather research" aircraft and wasnt really classified it self, just its capabilites and mission.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join