It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this is history repeating its self again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
how many times will this happen in this country first it was black now its hyspanics i dont want my kid growing up around this BS i don't want anther civil war i want peace yo but if anyone comes up to my door to stir up some, i will deal out some. more to the point you're getting shot in the face!

[edit on 28-4-2006 by razor1000]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Are you referring to the new U.s. immigration policy?

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
sorry i didnt mean for this to be hard to get
my point is that the current imigration problem seems more fixated on latinos and that it resembles that same as the struggle of black people for equality. this country is only going to be rgeat if we keep holding the door open for the next guy trying to get up

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Please, it has nothing to do with "equality for latinos". It has to do with the fact that people are illegally entering the United States. They have pointed out possible long-term problems that might come to pass as a result of this, as well as short-term problems that are already occuring. As for the fact that we are supposedly "promoting rascism" against Latinos the same as we "did blacks" in the past is ignorant; the reason latinos think they are being targetted is because there are far, far greater numbers of illegal latino immigrants than any other race. It has nothing to do with targetting them because we simply don't like them or think that they are inferior to other races and can't think for themselves (as blacks were though of not too long ago). These people who are turning this into a massive battle of rascism don't seem to know about what is going on. They act like we are being racially discriminative about the matter, but the fact is that if these laws are put into actions, illegal asian immigrants will suffer from the same consequences as these latinos, as well as illegal white immigrants. Political leaders realize the problems with these laws, such as the fact that the children of these illegal immigrants are for the most part, legal citizens of the United States, being born here. You then must understand that these illegal immigrants have none of the rights that american citizens have; so you can't state that they are being discriminated against because of their race.

The bottom line is it could have long-term problems for the United States, as well as short term ones. Political leaders are trying to deal with the matter professionally, and not trying to focus on the fact of racial discrimination because that is not the matter at hand. Most of the people protesting that I personally know have little idea of what they are even protesting for. The "wall" that has a possibility of being built along the Mexican border is just one of the few things political leaders can think of to reduce illegal immigration from its greatest source; however, I doubt that would do any good to slow it.

Don't think I'm being racially discriminative either. I am partially of Latin descent, and I also see the negativity that these laws could bring. Illegal immigrants account for something like 5% of our entire workforce; I realize the disastrous effects that that could have on the American economy; especially considering the type of jobs the majority of them have. I also realize that Mexico's economy relies on the billions of dollars sent from illegal immigrants back home to their families every year, and the effects that might have on their economy as well.

I guess you could say I see most of the positives and negatives of these immigration policies; but I don't like it when people try to make it seem like this is nothing more than a repitition of past events in which people were discriminated against; our political leaders are at least smart enough to have more than a reason than that to pass such policies.

[edit on 28-4-2006 by Omniscient]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
i agree with you on some points omniscient i dont agree with iligeal imigration but when i hear reports so the cis making raids primaraly in latino communities i find it hard to believe its not focused on us

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'm against the immigration policies as well, though it may not seem so. I'm not against them because I think they are racially discriminative, however. I believe that passing these policies might hurt us more than help us, economically. I have reasons for believing that, though.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
I'm against the immigration policies as well, though it may not seem so. I'm not against them because I think they are racially discriminative, however. I believe that passing these policies might hurt us more than help us, economically. I have reasons for believing that, though.

why do you believe that

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It very evident that US immigration policy needs changing almost as much as it needs enforcing. No one, or at least not many, are against any form of legal, repeat legal, immigration. Most are against illegal immigration. Immigration built this country, to stop it would be to cut our own throats to spite our bellies.

But it is also time for countries such as Mexico to solve their problems, and to stop the flow of people out of their country. Fixing the economic problems in Mexico would solve the illegal immigration problem, and everyone would be happy, save perhaps the wannabe aristocracy in this nation, who can't it seems mow their own grass or clip their own hedges, or for the love of god, cook their own meals.

Only a few bigots would hate Mexicans for wanting something better for their families. However, the strain on this country is beginning to be felt as never before.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by razor1000
why do you believe that

Well, for one, as I said, illegal immigrants account for 5% of our work force. To ACTUALLY ENFORCE these policies would deal a big blow to our economy and possibly a fatal blow to Mexico's. I doubt that even if these are passed that much more enforcement of laws will take place.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

why do you believe that

Well, for one, as I said, illegal immigrants account for 5% of our work force. To ACTUALLY ENFORCE these policies would deal a big blow to our economy and possibly a fatal blow to Mexico's. I doubt that even if these are passed that much more enforcement of laws will take place.

yes yo are right thats why they should just legalize all of them and get them to be proper citizens they came here for the american dream. but before they try dealing with them, the gov needs to put a stop to the infiltration thats going on an all sides the current fight is just a battle securing the borders and ports is the real war.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I think it's scary, in an odd way-their parelling Jewish and Native American Prophecies. Why are leaders turning Prophecies into social policies for mexican and all peoples in the US?

I DON'T think all Latin peoples in the US are like that, but I think it's scary, that the illegals have to believe because of their low incomes and moderate educations to begin with(normaly).

Sources:
www.welcomehome.org...

www.texfiles.com...

www.welcomehome.org...

www.worldcouncilofelders.org...

Leader Sources:

www.freerepublic.com...

video.search.yahoo.com...-VIDEOS
www.lib.berkeley.edu...-MORE VIDEOS

www.lib.berkeley.edu...-VIDEOS(GOVT & POLITICS ONLY!)

www.indymedia.org...

Mythology and History links:
www.mythinglinks.org...

www.mesoweb.com...

www.tnte.com...

History:

womenshistory.about.com...

www.websterschools.org...

www.museum.state.il.us...

That's all I can find.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

yes yo are right thats why they should just legalize all of them and get them to be proper citizens they came here for the american dream. but before they try dealing with them, the gov needs to put a stop to the infiltration thats going on an all sides the current fight is just a battle securing the borders and ports is the real war.

I never said we should legalize them; that would be a promotion towards the illegal, which is bad as well.

I think we should possibly lower tolerance about incoming immigrants, but not make a HUGE deal about the immigrants that are already here. Another big issue is that many immigrants are starting to bring diseases into America that are/were nearly eradicated. If this continues, it could cause an eventual pandemic. There are so many sides to this immigration thing, it's hard to take one side. I partially remain neutral. I think some things should be done to prevent further immigration at the rates it has been occuring in recent years, but, yet, I believe that we shouldn't be incredibly harsh on the illegal immigrants already in the country; but, on the OTHER hand, I don't think we should make them legal citizens because that would be going against our Constitution, unless they went through the process to become legal citizens.

Wow, long sentence.

Omniscient.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I never said we should legalize them; that would be a promotion towards the illegal, which is bad as well.

I think we should possibly lower tolerance about incoming immigrants, but not make a HUGE deal about the immigrants that are already here. Another big issue is that many immigrants are starting to bring diseases into America that are/were nearly eradicated. If this continues, it could cause an eventual pandemic. There are so many sides to this immigration thing, it's hard to take one side. I partially remain neutral. I think some things should be done to prevent further immigration at the rates it has been occuring in recent years, but, yet, I believe that we shouldn't be incredibly harsh on the illegal immigrants already in the country; but, on the OTHER hand, I don't think we should make them legal citizens because that would be going against our Constitution, unless they went through the process to become legal citizens.

Wow, long sentence.

Omniscient.

you are right about keeping an eye on the borders but as far as diseases, more disease is spread from intercourse than from people coming over from another country. the only way to stop imigraation is to build a buble around this country, oviously this is not going to happen another way to stop imigration is to take over the world and make everything free. and yes they should legalize the peolpe here now so they can be more than they can be.

new topics

top topics

join