It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

woman spanked at work sues for $1.2 mil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
LINK

Employees were paddled with rival companies' yard signs as part of a contest that pitted sales teams against each other, according to court documents. The winners poked fun at the losers, throwing pies at them, feeding them baby food, making them wear diapers and swatting their buttocks.

Are management people still this stupid in today's business world? How did they ever think that they could do something like this and not think that someone would get upset and possibly sue?

Geez, Louise! After all the lawsuits already in the public arena, these management persons haven't learned a thing! A business NEVER degrades their employees!

JDub

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Who would spank someone anyways? Really though, You missed your deadline Diane now bend over and (I'll stop there).

Do parents even spank their kids anymore? What does it prove?

If my boss ever wanted to spank me I think I would have to laugh right in his/with any luck her, face.

I find this humorous.

1.2 Million for a few raps on the backside. I'll take it.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
At first glance, I'm not buying this woman's case... From the source:

One, an Anaheim-based, 300-employee company, said the spankings were part of a voluntary program to build camaraderie and were not discriminatory because they were given to both male and female workers.

Yeah, I think it's a really stupid game to play, but "making them wear diapers"? I don't know about you, but nobody could make me wear a diaper at work. If this woman volunteered for the program, put on a diaper and showed her butt to be spanked, then sued for getting spanked, I can't help but think the 1.2 million is about cashing in instead of her suffering.

I'd have to know more about the particulars of the situation, but at first glance, I'm not buying it.

And yes, I can't believe a company these days would do this and not expect repercussions. Stupid!

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
First of all - Thanks for the replies.

Chissler -

My wife and I both chose to spank our children as just one of many measures of punishment for wrong-doing. I can probably count on both hands how many times we have spanked our youngest child in the course of his nine (9) years. In thinking back, it would be approximately the same for our older son (16). It was never more than three strikes on their bottom and only using a hand. The withholding of priveledges was usually more profiecient for general mis-behaviour than the spanking was, so we used that more. The times that it was warranted for us was the laying-in-the-floor-screaming-in-the-middle-of-the-store episodes. From the number of spankings, you can tell that this did not happen often over the years.

And for 1.2 million, I would hope in the ring with Mike Tyson and let him give me a love bite on the ear.

BH -

I read that too, that it was "voluntary" as stated in the article. As a counter-point, I read on "insider" pharma board where drug reps can write in anonomously about what is happening in/with their trade and many have remarked about the "degrading practices" of their companies making them wear bunny suits or santa suits into the medical offices they visit on the appropriate holidays. While not on the same degradation level as spanking an employee, these reps voice the opinion that, if they choose not to participate, their managers will freeze them out on sales support or even go to the point of forcing them out of the company for not being a team player. It is all anecdotal evidence, and other reps on the board call them liars, but the stories persist.

It is amazing to me when I watch the TV with the wife and view a program like "American Hot Rod". The management style there seems so badly applied that I am surprised that they haven't had a revolt amongst the workers. Everything that goes wrong is someone else's fault, there seems to be little pre-planning and the workers aren't treated equally.

I guess some never knew how to be good leaders and some don't care.

JDub

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Personally, I like to dress up in diapers and slap a pacifier in my mouth while my g/f spanks me for being a naughty little boy.

Peace

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Sometimes VOLUNTARY doesn't really mean that.

The pressure to conform, to pressure to do what the company
says or loose your job, position, raises ....

Did the people who went know that there would be all the idiotic
things going on there? Did they know about pie fights and spanking
before they 'volunteered'??

The woman is right. The company was stupid. Those that allowed
themselves to be spanked are tools. Being an older Irish Catholic
woman ... If it were me, not only would I have NOT bent over to
expose myself and to get whacked ... but I would have done some
damage to those who suggested/tried it on me!!

Usually I don't side with frivilous lawsuits but in this case
I hope she gets her $$$.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yeah, you guys could be right. Like I said, I'd have to know more to make an educated assessment.

I wonder why she didn't just walk out, though? I mean, she quit her job over it. Why didn't she just refuse to do it and walk out? Maybe because there would be no money? That's the part I'm suspicious about.

I'd like to know more, though.

Alarm One officials ceased the practice in 2004, the year Orlando sued, after another employee complained of being injured, according to court records.

Jeez! They must have been really whackin' 'em! :shk: At least they don't do it anymore...

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
After shielding my eyes from that damn glowing red bar, I tend to agree with BH's post.

I mean she was obviosly against it before she was spanked. So why go through with it? I see this as a money grab myself, somebody who took advantage of an opportunity and is milking the hell out of it.

Lets say they did spank her, they spanked her good and hard and she didn't want it. Is that really worth 1.2 million dollars? She was not singled out, it was not a gender thing, so you can wipe out those arguments.

The company should be spanked for being idiotic, but this woman does not deserve 1.2 million.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   
God, i wish I could get spanked at work.

There's this really cool woman who always were very smart expensive blouses and skirts or suits to work. Always wears stockings and heels and wears specs.

She has her hair done up in a really tight 'bun' and knows she could have any man in the place.

I would die to get taken over her knee and spanked.

top topics

join