It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

35000 chickens culled at farm in UK.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
About 35000 chickens at a Norfolk farm are to be slaughtered after dead chickens tested positive for bird flu. Initial examinations suggested it is unlikely to be the deadly HN51 strain.

www.sky.com...

I hope the UK, or any country is'nt going to go through another foot and mouth scenario, i remember seeing the huge piles of cattle burning around here and how it affected the farmers business and families.

Seems to be a big sale on chickens the supermarkets at the moment too, i wonder if the whole bird flu thing has anything to do with it?

CX.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I don't think this is anything to be worried about, they say it's not H5N1, so........if they're telling the truth (for once) this is pretty routine.

Well, as routine as burning 35,000 chickens gets.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Wouldn't have anything to do with detracting from the mess ministers Hewitt, Prescott and Clarke have got themsleves into? Of all the different strains of bird flu, this is thought to be a mild one. Apparently they only found out about it because some of the chickens were off their food and a couple had died. I'd have thought in a population of 35,000 a couple would be dying all the time. Bed rest and plenty of fluids might have been a better option.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Billy Barker
Wouldn't have anything to do with detracting from the mess ministers Hewitt, Prescott and Clarke have got themsleves into? Of all the different strains of bird flu, this is thought to be a mild one. Apparently they only found out about it because some of the chickens were off their food and a couple had died. I'd have thought in a population of 35,000 a couple would be dying all the time. Bed rest and plenty of fluids might have been a better option.

Indeed billy, lots die every day, i work on a farm with about 120,000 birds on it at the moment and i would say that on average 50-100 chickens die on a daily basis. You can tell when something is up for many different reasons, piles of dead chickens being one fo the most obvious

Im sure they have it well under control doesnt look like too much to get worried about.

top topics

join