It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't you like Alex Jones?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm asking this due to the standard reaction whenever you use prisonplanet.com or infowars.com, 2 of Alex's sites, as a source for a thread you make here.

Even if the SAME article has other sources, people tend to not believe it because of Jones. Now, I've seen some answers that seem to come up often, so I'll list them...

1) Alex Jones sells stuff/is in it for the money.

OK...so? Do other radio show hosts, pundits, or TV talk show hosts sell stuff? Bill O Reilly? Rush Limbaugh? Oprah?

For me, the biggest thing that kills this is the fact that he literally TELLS you to bootleg his DVDs, as long as you don't sell them. I know NO ONE ELSE who does this! Musicians are going crazy because you can download their songs for free. The NFL, NBA, etc. always have that caveat about how you'll be prosecuted if you record their games without their consent. Doesn't make sense to me.

I'd also add that he puts a lot of his video material on his site so you can watch it for free.

2) Alex Jones is left/right.

Nah, not really. He's a libertarian. Granted, he IS what you would call a paleoconservative, so in that sense, he is right wing. But, he's not left or right how it is now. He has said that IHO the liberals have always been sold on the NWO and the conservatives have fought it, but now the neocons have taken over the right, so both sides are now pro-NWO.

3) Alex Jones lies/makes up stories/twists stories.

From what I can tell, what they do at the sites is post news articles that may or may not get coverage in the mainstream, with or without their commentary. IMO, even if you don't agree with his conclusions (which I don't always), the articles themselves are good finds.

But, he doesn't pull stories out of his ass as far as I can tell. Frankly, he's more reliable than the mainstream, which ADMITTEDLY lies to me.

4) Alex Jones is a kook/paranoid/a wacked out conspiracy theorist.

Well, he's a bit paranoid, but it's no for no reason. It's because he spends all his time studying the NWO and stressing over the impending police state.

5) Alex Jones is just plain nuts.

Ok...you got me there.
He does seem a few fries short of a Happy Meal, but I think it's because he spends all his time doing what he does. I would think this would make me a little nuts too.

6) I just don't like Alex Jones.

Well, we all have people we just don't like. Not much I can say on this.

So...why don't YOU like Alex Jones?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Alex is wack and is out to take advantage of people's pockets. I feel that he Fake's the funk!!! big time, only becuse he would have already been dead for reveling anything that is really important. The elittist would have a bullet in is brain for making their secrets public.

[edit on 25-4-2006 by nwomi]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwomi
Alex is wack and is out to take advantage of people's pockets. I feel that he Fake's the funk!!! big time, only becuse he would have already been dead for reveling anything that is really important. The elittist would have a bullet in is brain for making their secrets public.

I like Alex Jones! I like Daryl Bradford Smith also. www.iamthewitness.com...

How come good people live long enough to write a book or found a nation? How come G. Washington was able to have the time to do what Great task he did? May be only God knows? Alex Jones has written and directed enough to create such attention that no matter dead or alive, the info is already out there and the damage already done.

To kill him now, is to make him a hero. Once you open your mouth in public, better to write a book or make a movie, than to stay quiet and you will live longer.

[edit on 25-4-2006 by Cinosamitna]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I LOVE ALEX JONES!!!! It's awsome that there's someone who's willing to stand up to the New World Order and say something. He spends all his time trying to wake up the sheeple, and that would be REALLY difficult so can't blame the guy for going a little crazy. Also truthseeka made a really good point with pointing out that Alex Jones is OK with people copying his stuff. I think that's a sign that he's not just in it for the money. Unlike all those phony multi millionare popstars that cry if you download one of their crappy songs for free (these spoiled brats don't know what a real problem is). Seriously if I were already rich I wouldn't care if people got some of my tunes for free. Long live Alex Jones!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I respect what Alex is doing. We need people like him. I've heard some of his interviews and he's been through some bad times. He's been beaten up a few times. It's a funny feeling but I think he's on the red list. Thank you alex jones.

[edit on 25-4-2006 by Crazy_Mr_Crowley]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I've always been a fan of Alex Jones, even if sometimes he makes me cringe. The bottom line is that he has integrity and always uses/sources facts to back him up and support his claims. A BS monger would'nt last too long if this were the case............................Well maybe GWB is an exeption to this rule.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Alex Jones site is in my favorite place, along with Steve Quayle & Stan Deyo.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I like alex Jones, I think he is an Intresting character, and is brave for putting himself on the line, and being open to critisizsm.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The people who don't Alex Jones are the people who don't like hearing the truth, or having their belief system shattered.

I hate Alex Jones...LOL just kiddin!

Nobody likes the truth anymore 'cause of the consequences.

Not a big fan of his delivery though, a little too hyper.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I like him and thinks most of the info he delivers is valid and is worth thinking about, but at the same time I think he is somewhat of a fear monger that loves to sensalationize and dramatize everything he can, and sometimes he reminds me of a WWF wrestler

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I don't mind listening to Alex sometimes, not every night though, he can get on the nerves a little.
Not sure how much validity is in what he says, although as another poster said, if he really knew anything dangerous he probably wouldn't be around.
Who's to say really......If he's genuine, more power to him, If not, well he's still a great listen( in small doses).

I'm just wondering if he's going to have a heart attack on air one of these days, he does get a little.............excited.!

[edit on 26-4-2006 by madhatter]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Alex Jones is [edit] hot!

He's just like Rowdy Roddy Piper from They Live...

"I'm here to chew bubble gum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubble gum!"

A true man of steel and a real patriot... Jones for president is all I can say.

[edit on 26-4-2006 by Edelweiss Pirate]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2006-4-26 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Most Americans just can't get their heads wrapped around the amount of truth Alex puts out every day. Sure he's making money , but I could think of a few million other safer ways to make a buck. Enjoy him while he lasts, his ilk won't be tolerated much longer here in Bu#ainia.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
lol he is kindof like one of those wrestlers on TV the way he's built and the way he acts. I'd love to see him kick Bush's pansy @$$
. I guess we can't blame him for getting all worked up considering what he's dealing with; psychopaths and mass murderers that are in power right now. No matter what he knows they can't kill him now, it would be too obvious. People would flip. Stupid government

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The biggest problem for me is that he appears verbally fanatical.

He also has a tendency to mix the credible with the incredible.

I have nothing but respect for someone who is ready to make a stand against the odds.

I believe that his outspokeness stems from him believing that more people would remember an outspoken conspiracist, and therefore he is less likely to be assasinated, and if he is, it would merely compound his conspiracies.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwomi

Well...

I pointed out the fallacy in the get rich thing against him already. As for him still being alive, they can't kill him...now, anyway. He's been on CSPAN, in a couple of movies, his movies are all over, and he just recently went on CNN. He would become a major martyr if they killed him; hell, that would probably make a lot of people revolt, IMO.

Now, somebody like the kid who did Loose Change could be bumped off easier than Alex. Bottom line, he's brave as hell, I guess because he knows they can't get us all.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
The people who don't Alex Jones are the people who don't like hearing the truth, or having their belief system shattered.

I hate Alex Jones...LOL just kiddin!

Nobody likes the truth anymore 'cause of the consequences.

Not a big fan of his delivery though, a little too hyper.

His delivery is one of the best things about him.

It's entertaining, though I know he has a serious message. It just KILLS me when he does the voice imitations, especially the redneck voice. Maybe that's because I know people who respond to me in a similar voice when I speak the real to them.

But, I can see how people would be turned off by his brash, in your face style and voice. For those people, I recommend his videos, as he tones it down a bit there. I think the radio hyper mode is part of his radio personality, sort of like a Slim Shady thing.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
The biggest problem for me is that he appears verbally fanatical.

He also has a tendency to mix the credible with the incredible.

I have nothing but respect for someone who is ready to make a stand against the odds.

I believe that his outspokeness stems from him believing that more people would remember an outspoken conspiracist, and therefore he is less likely to be assasinated, and if he is, it would merely compound his conspiracies.

Well, I think it's that a lot of the stuff he says is real, but just seems incredible.

I actually laughed at him the first time I heard him talk about the globalists tracking everyone and putting microchips in people. I scoffed when he said the UN sterilizes women in 3rd world countries. I rolled my eyes when he said there are plans to wipe out 80-95% of the human population.

But, guess what? It's ALL TRUE! That's one thing I like about the guy; he has what he says backed up with documents.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
What videos of Alex Jones have you all seen? I've only seen Dark Secrets Inside Bohemian Grove; I downloaded it. I've seen bits of him in videos elsewhere. I also visit infowars.com and prisonplanet.com Does anyone have any links to other Alex Jones videos online? If so please post them

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Alex Jones is THE BEST REPORTER I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Why?

1. He actually has the guts to stand out and say the truth

2. He will do crazy stuff to reveal the truth; an example would be when he infiltrated the Bohemian Grove

3. On his martial law 9/11 videos his speaking is very simplistic, thus making it very easy for the listener to understand

4. HE ENCOURAGES THE DISTRIBUTION OF HIS DVD's. SOMETHING THAT NOT EVERYONE WOULD BE WILLING TO DO IF HIM/HER WERE IN HIS POSITION.
So yes, he may be in it for the money but is defenitely not his top priority

5. He isnt afraid to confront authority, like police officers.

6. Judging by the evidence he gathered in his 9/11 report you can tell he is bloody serious about his job and his position.

ALEX JONES ONWZ ALL. Think about it, would CBS's Dan Rather infiltrate the Bohemian Grove like Alex did?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join