It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I just got back from watching Scary Movie 4............

Waw, i've been away from this website for maybe 2 - 3 years (see my title) but i gotta tell you Dumbing Down of America project remained on your soil with full force, honestly, what kind of mindset do you need to have to make, watch and enjoy that kind of movies?

Particularly i liked the fact that they borrowed heavily from all the other similar movies such as The Village?

Byrd do you see what the elite is trying to tell you with these media images? No you don't

I mean come on, this is just a movie right, still its more than just a movie. We get our children exposed to flicks like that, for crying out corn flakes.

If Byrd made you all belive that the elite have forgotten about you..... have they?

I sincerely doubt..................

[edit on 25-4-2006 by Freeman]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It's one of many stupid movies that many stupid Americans will line up and pay to see. That pretty much goes for everything, these days.

What will the stupid Americans consume? Apparently, the answer is crap... both in food and entertainment.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I agree. All the "Scary Movie's" are trash for trash to watch. Yep, more movies to dumb down America. As if we don't already have enough trash for trash on TV. I don't find this kinda humor funny at all. It's base, immature, disrespectful, and tasteless. And you're right; a bad influence on the minds of the young.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Its not just the America, its everyone, in the west. Russia, Europe... UK, share simialr polluted and perverted morals and ideas.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by firebat
What will the stupid Americans consume? Apparently, the answer is crap... both in food and entertainment.

What does it have to do with America, though? I suppose crappy entertainment exists in all nations, and it's probably turning a profit everywhere. And there is a lot of unhealthy food being cooked and consumed in large quantities throughout the world.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeman
Its not just the America, its everyone, in the west. Russia, Europe... UK, share simialr polluted and perverted morals and ideas.

I know.
Why is this happening? People were better then this years ago.
What made it go downhill?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

What does it have to do with America, though? I suppose crappy entertainment exists in all nations, and it's probably turning a profit everywhere. And there is a lot of unhealthy food being cooked and consumed in large quantities throughout the world.

You're kidding, right? Look up the obesity rates of this country. We have more instances of cancer here, diabetes etc. It's from the food.

I challenge you to look at U.S. health statistics and compare them to, say, Japan.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Sure, you can always check out the US vs Japan cancer rate table.

There is also Sri Lanka in that table, which appears much healthier, but don't be enamoured with Japan as cancer rates are concerned.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I didn't just mean cancer-rates.

When was the last time you saw an obese Japanese person? (Although I've read reports that this is slowly emerging as problem in Japan but my point stands that people over there are generally healthier people and I think a lot of it has to do with the quality and quantity of food.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I wouldn't deny that there are more fat and obese people here than in many other countries, that's an obvious fact. However, I just didn't quite like the generalization that we are the nation of junk in both food and entertainment. It's only partially true and painting with a broad brush doesn't do justice. For one, none in my extended circle of friends eats fast food regularly, and they don't watch junk on TV or in the movies.

I'm just concerned as most people about the diabetes, obesity etc., and I think there should be a law that would put a warning statement on each box of McFries similar to what we have on cigarettes.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I know it's a tad bit of a generalization... I know there are plenty of people out there who are able to exercise some self-discipline. I thank my lucky stars that my mother tried her best not to let me have all junk-food I wanted when I was growing up although even now, I find myself slipping. The past 5,10,15 years there has definately been an upswing in popularity of organic and all-natural, healthier foods... or at the least a larger number of people are staying away from the crap like coca-cola, mcdonald's etc.

But today's American consumers are still targeted by some filth-factories marketing some pretty dangerous products. There are still A LOT of people who are literally poisoning themselves to death over a period of years and decades.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
How long ago exactly was it that people were better and didn't go to see crap movies in droves?

I'm just wondering because the #1 top-grossing Canadian film of all time is Porky's and that was made over 20 years ago.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Man, I was gonna butt out with this one, but...

How in the world do you criticize anyones entertainment when you have Carl in your avatar? Dont get me wrong, I love Aquateen, but it doesnt get much dumber. "OH, Im sorry. I didnt realize that this wasnt America and it isnt ok to pay for hookers with quarters." You get my point right?

We need to be dumbed down. Thats why we watch Aquateen Hunger Force, or South Park. We need a break from seriousness. We can be intelligent and still watch stupid stuff on tv. Thats why we live in America instead of China...or is it for the food?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I couldn't tell you when we started on this trend... I think it has it's roots in the early to mid 20th century with inventions like the television, microwave, as innoncent as those appliances might have been in the early days, I think they are symbols of the phenomenon I'm talking about. Also, the rise of these big food corporations played a big part.

I think that now that this all has become firmly entrenched in our society and we're only seeing what has been going on for years come to a severe, concentrated problem.

We've been headed on this path for a long time, whether intentionally or not.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I feel that America reached its zenith of the "dumb" during the days of DISCO.

It's all uphill from here on out and we haven't made a lot of progress, have we.

And I'm not fat [yet] but fat people arent neccessairly stupid, just weak willed and hungry.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
I wouldn't deny that there are more fat and obese people here than in many other countries, that's an obvious fact.

Well I'm afraid America did start the fast food fad. Go to almost any city in any country and you'll find mcdonalds, burger king etc...

In Britain we used to have wimpy burger, but back then it was a once in a while treat to go there. Nowadays fast food is a hell of a lot of peoples main staple.

It's laziness being taken advantage of by businesses who's only interest is making money, they don't care about our health.

So, other countries are slowly catching up to the States in obesity, is it the States fault for exporting the fast food fad, or is it the consumer for being ignorant and lazy?

As long as people are willing to purchase this crap, fast food or bad movies, unscrupulous businesses will sell it.

[edit on 25/4/2006 by ANOK]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I can post Alex Jones quote here

"
It's up to each and every one of us to turn loose and show them the greed, the hatred, the envy, and yes, the insecurities, because that's the central mode of control. Make us feel pathetic, small, so we'll willingly give up our sovereignty, our liberty, our destiny.

We have got to realize that we're being conditioned on a mass scale.(Scary Movie) internal linkStart challenging this corporate slave state. The 21st century is going to be a new century. Not the century of slavery, not the century of lies and issues of no significance, of classism, of sadism, and all the rest of the modes of control. It's going to be the age of human kind standing up for something pure and something right.

What a bunch of garbage: liberal, democrats, conservative, republican, it's all there to control us, it's two sides of the same coin. Two management teams bidding for control, the CEO job of Slavery, Incorporated! The internal linktruth is out there in front of you, but they lay out this buffet of lies. I'm sick of it! And I'm not going to take a bite of it. Do you got me? Our existence is not futile. We're going to win this thing. Humankind is too, good. We're not a bunch of underachievers. We're going to stand up, and we're going to be human beings. We're going to get fired up about the real things, the things that matter, creativity and the dynamic human spirit that refuses to submit. Well that's it. That's all I got to say.
"

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
OK and when is that going to happen exactly?

Before anybody lifts a finger it's going to be too late, maybe already is?

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Isn't that from Waking Life, Freeman? Great movie.

Is that Alex Jones? I am familiar with him by name, but not material. If so maybe I need to do some more reading. He makes some great points.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   

It's one of many stupid movies that many stupid Americans will line up and pay to see. That pretty much goes for everything, these days.

You know, it ain't just America, but the whole western world. People are content with crap, because for too long now, it is all they have known. Isn't it obvious? Whats easier to control, a well educated population able to form opinions, make reasoned judgements, or a herd of simpleton binge drinking, drug taking, sheep bound together by the lowest common denominator?

I'd say the latter.

How do you breed a population like that? Easy, treat them mushroom style. Keep them in the dark, and feed them on crap.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join