It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone into abstract painting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
just curious... if so.. how much expierence you have in it?

ive been tight rendering or been doing classical sorta figurative/realism for awhile and about 5 years ago i started breaking out or getting into abstraction. its really my cup o tea. a lot more liberating. but i think its more liberating because i have strong rendering skills and a pretty acute sense of design and the fundamentals of art.

if anyone knows what the hell im talking about and loves to talk about abstract techniques... let me know... im game. share ideas and #.

my site....
www.myspace.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
ah come on... theres got to be some folks on here working with this ancient medium.

"Although I also use sculptures and wall drawings, I use painting as the primary form for a number of reasons. It is the most flexible form in its initial conditions, offering at least theoretically, no limit on possible action. If you can think of it, it can be displayed in the painting. Doing it is up to you. It is also the oldest recorded form and as such has the richest history. It is the form with the least external preconditions for existence, requiring no elaborate practices to sustain it. Finally, I think it is the form that most closely resembles the internal operations of the mind, in its conjunction of the fantastic and the mundane suspended in an organic delirium ."
-Matthew Ritchie

[edit on 22-4-2006 by krossfyter]

join