It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars face

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Does anyone else think this may be a beacon to lure us to mars, mabye to discover something highly important?

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   
We may never know. At least as long as the powers that be keep us in the dark regarding this sort of thing.

These martian oddities weren't even pointed out to us. Richard Hoagland, a man whom many don't like to begin with, found it first (I think). NASA even went and likely doctored an image regarding the face when they were requested to supply a better image. Nobody in charge is attempting to bring any extraterrestrial information to us in any perceptible manner, so I suggest that is the answer. We won't truly know until somebody wants us to know or a gigantic screw up happens that forces the issue.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Yes, i think they are definately covering it up to the best of thier ability! And the fact that thier are covering it up suggests it is very important.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kalistenics
Does anyone else think this may be a beacon to lure us to mars, mabye to discover something highly important?

I wish it did - but personal opinion is that it is just a way the light was hitting a mountain...
I used to look at clouds on warm spring days and try to see animal shapes in them... there weren't animals there though...

This is not to say however, that I do not believe there are some great mysteries on Mars... I do and I would hope that the EU's mars project will be more forthcoming with information on this than previous US missions...

intelgurl

[Edited on 15-10-2003 by intelgurl]

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I'm curious, is that pcture of teh Mars face the only shot of it? I think if you shoot it at different angles it would turn out to be some sort of rock. I'm skeptical that the face is actually real and has any significance, but there are probably many things on Mars we haven't discovered yet. Sattilite photos can completely overlook a thriving civilization. Even from sattilite photos of our own earth, we can barely see our own cities unless if it's zoomed in and high resolution. With only a few hundred?/thousand? photos or the surface of Mars, I'm sure we missed something there.

jra

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 12:10 AM
link   
they took another shot of the mars "face" later on with a newer satillite a few years ago. here's a newer shot of it: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

really doens't look like it's anything special at all. more shots on the site as well mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I think it's just that we're programmed to recongize faces since we were born. The picture vaguely resembles a face. I think it's just a conincedence that the lighting was like that when they took the first picture. When you take a picture and teh angles are just right, strange things appear, like this:

You can find alot of faces if you stare long enough at you ceiling or wall. (Seriously!!)

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Or hey, maybe it really was a face.

Forget the face at a moment. Look a the the other objects around the face....

Tell me this one is just human imagination.

[Edited on 10/17/2003 by Flinx]

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 01:54 AM
link   
if the points were plotten on a linear map that you would also see some sacred geometry patterns as well as the ones on this planet that corroborate these discoveries...

jra

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   
so it kinda looks like a star. that doesn't really mean anything. nature is full of shapes and patterns. like a few others here have said. if you stare at clouds you will see faces or other shapes that look like fimilier objects. it's like that with lots of things. looking at satillite photos is no differnt. i'm sure one could find mountain formations here on earth that could look odd from space.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 03:50 AM
link   
What about the other pyramids, there is more than one, and other structures that look almost identical to the structures surrounding the pyramids at cairo.
And there is a pic that almost looks like a sphinx.

Heres a pic of the sphinx on mars.

Heres a pic of cydonia face and pyramid complex.

Now does that really look like the way light falls, and trick using shadows? If so you must believe the pyramids at egypt are not there!

[Edited on 17-10-2003 by Kalistenics]

[Edited on 17-10-2003 by Kalistenics]

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 03:51 AM
link   
and it looks like a dodecahedron...
and if it is then the comprehension that these anciet builders had was amazing...

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I heard something that the Face on Mars is on the same longitud and latitudes as the pyramids, bermuda triangle and that big storm(tornado..?) on Jupiter. Not sure if it is Jupiter but you know what i mean.
Of course the pyramids and the Bermudatriangl cant be on the exact same spot but on the same long.... is this true or just a lie in the documentary i saw?

Sorry for the bad English..Swedes you know

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Dont know if thats true scubaman. Will have to find out.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Read the book "Cosmic Journey" by remote viewer Courtney Brown for some insights on Mars.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Or hey, maybe it really was a face.

Forget the face at a moment. Look a the the other objects around the face....

Tell me this one is just human imagination.

[Edited on 10/17/2003 by Flinx]

Yeah this pic was discussed on Coast to Coast Radio tonight. Below is the link.

Coast to Coast

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Well I have to admit that the pictures seem symetrical to an extent,and the face almost resembles a sheild.
Maybe its Mega city 1 or Texas City I knew Judge Dredd was real........

But seriously they do have some symetry and when the press released the smashing images on TV I was like WOW now that is scary... and then "BOOM" there was suddenly zero TV or newspaper coverage.

Which spells "Cover up" of at least something....

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 10:24 AM
link   
mactonnies.com...

verry good read with good pictures. id say it is natural..

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 10:28 AM
link   
that five point star looks like a big tipy to me... or a spacecraft under some covering...

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
i like these picturs best
Tunnels of Mars

And Martian Worms..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join